Bills could be all but eliminated before their 4:25 kickoff on Sunday

Big Turk

Of course it matters if the Bills make the playoffs. A 10-6 record would be nice, but if no playoffs, it doesn't mean a whole lot. You can't assume a 10-6 record this year sets the floor for next year. Who knows what injuries could happen, who the friggin QB will be, who the RBs will be, what kind of OL they can assemble, whether Hughes can be resigned, etc. Given who the head coach is, the OC is and the QBs may well be, banking on improvement could well be a foolish dream.

In any event, if they don't make the playoffs at 10-6 I'd almost rather they go 9-7 so I wouldn't have to think back on the Houston and KC games and reflect about how the playoffs were missed by giving one, let alone both of those games away.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are so many positives about this team and how they are progressing. All this negative thinking is really unbelievable. Last week the comments were "Same Old Bills, were going to lose the last 3 games blah blah blah. We just beat down the Packers, Rodgers who is the MVP this year had his worst day ever. Lighten up and enjoy the ride back to being a team that people fear playing.

^This

This thread is funny.

We all know that the same individuals who are saying,

"Don't care about a winning season if we don't make the playoffs. Me heap big realist and only accept excellence. You homers are too easily satisfied."

Wil also say,

"Don't care about making playoffs if we go one and done. Me heap big realist and only accept excellence. You homers are too easily satisfied."

And will probably say,

"Don't care about winning one playoff game if we don't go to the Super Bowl. Me heap big realist and only accept excellence. You homers are too easily satisfied."

And will probably also say,

"Don't care about going to the Super Bowl if we don't win the Super Bowl. Me heap big realist and only accept excellence. You homers are too easily satisfied."

"Don't care about winning the Super Bowl if we miss the playoffs the following year. Me heap big realist and only accept excellence. You homers are too easily satisfied."

I'm just an easily satisfied homer. They won on Sunday, and the next Sunday game is significant. Probably the one after that too.

This thread is funny.

We all know that the same individuals who are saying,

"Don't care about a winning season if we don't make the playoffs. Me heap big realist and only accept excellence. You homers are too easily satisfied."

Wil also say,

"Don't care about making playoffs if we go one and done. Me heap big realist and only accept excellence. You homers are too easily satisfied."

And will probably say,

"Don't care about winning one playoff game if we don't go to the Super Bowl. Me heap big realist and only accept excellence. You homers are too easily satisfied."

"Don't care about going to the Super Bowl if we don't win the Super Bowl. Me heap big realist and only accept excellence. You homers are too easily satisfied."

"Don't care about winning the Super Bowl if we miss the playoffs the following year. Me heap big realist and only accept excellence. You homers are too easily satisfied."

I'm just an easily satisfied homer. They won on Sunday, and the next Sunday game is significant. Probably the one after that too.

Nope, not me (and I think not most of the people you were pointing fingers at). Making the playoffs for the first time in 15 years would be huge, win or lose at any point in the playoffs. It would give the fan base a huge shot in the arm. It's important for the team as well. Players with even one game of experience in the playoffs are in better shape down the road if the playoffs are made in the future. It also makes it easier to attract FAs if you are a playoff team. In any case, with the defense playing as well as it is, it would be a terrible shame not to make the playoffs.

SF beating San Diego is huge for us, no doubt about it.

Our path gets much easier if that happens. And, frankly, coming off a game where they quit against Denver, and San Fran just got elminated? It wouldn't surprise me at all that a Rivers-led team goes out and chokes, and with 0 pressure, the 49ers go out and win. I still remember a few years ago when SD had the Pats beat in the playoffs, and found a way to lose.

Stevie owes us a favor...

Houston will have to get it done with a third string QB who, by all accounts, was BRUTAL on Sunday.

As long as Houston plays J.J. Watt on offense, defense and special teams they will pull out a win.

From what I can tell we want cinci to win the north and win out against denver (wk16) and pittsburgh (wk17).

we want Pittsburgh to beat KC (wk16) and lose to cinci (wk17)

we want KC to lose to pittsburgh (wk16) and beat SD (wk17)

we want SD to lose to san francisco (wk 16) and lose to KC (wk17). finish last two games 1-1

we want houston to beat Baltimore (wk 16) AND lose to cleveland (wk 17). but if they beat cleveland in week 17 and we beat the pats we own better record in our division and win the tie breaker.

In this scenario its us and pittsburgh with the wildcard. That's the best one I could come up with but it is also assuming we win the last two games and beating New England at home is easier said than done.

If San Diego playing Saturday beats San Fran and then KC, and Baltimore win the early games on Sunday Bills are eliminated before they play unless the improbable week 17 tie in factors in.

With Pittsburgh playing Cincy and San Diego playing KC, the winner of both of those games would have 10 wins as would Baltimore and with 3 of them being 10 win teams in the AFC Buffalo would be eliminated...

You are incorrect.

The Bills can not be eliminated if they beat Oakland.

If San Fran and Pitt Win the Bills actually almost control their own destiny and are in the playoffs with a win against the Pats and another Pitt win.

The biggest problem is the Bills haven't won in Foxboro since the Clinton administration.

So like don't worry about the if ands and butts, just win baby (And Pittsburgh, and San Fran)

From what I can tell we want cinci to win the north and win out against denver (wk16) and pittsburgh (wk17).

we want Pittsburgh to beat KC (wk16) and lose to cinci (wk17)

we want KC to lose to pittsburgh (wk16) and beat SD (wk17)

we want SD to lose to san francisco (wk 16) and lose to KC (wk17). finish last two games 1-1

we want houston to beat Baltimore (wk 16) AND lose to cleveland (wk 17). but if they beat cleveland in week 17 and we beat the pats we own better record in our division and win the tie breaker.

In this scenario its us and pittsburgh with the wildcard. That's the best one I could come up with but it is also assuming we win the last two games and beating New England at home is easier said than done.

In The playoff machine Do 9ers beat San Diego and Pittsburgh wins out. The rest doesn't matter. We get in.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Edited by Why So Serious?

You are thinking too hard, enjoy the fact that we are still in it and will probably get in if we win out, just Billieve!!!

Actually even if we win out our chance is still only about 34%, so its actually twice as likely that we don't get in.

You are incorrect.

The Bills can not be eliminated if they beat Oakland.

If San Fran and Pitt Win the Bills actually almost control their own destiny and are in the playoffs with a win against the Pats and another Pitt win.

The biggest problem is the Bills haven't won in Foxboro since the Clinton administration.

So like don't worry about the if ands and butts, just win baby (And Pittsburgh, and San Fran)

In The playoff machine Do 9ers beat San Diego and Pittsburgh wins out. The rest doesn't matter. We get in.

http://espn.go.com/n...layoffs/machine

Yes they can. If 3 teams that currently don't have 10 wins get to 10 wins(1 wins the AFC North, the other 2 are wildcards), the Bills are out because we will lose all the tiebreakers even if we also have 10 wins.

If Baltimore wins, they have 10 wins---that's one.

If San Diego and KC both win, they both will have 9 wins---they play in week 17 and one of those two teams have to win that game, so that means 1 of them will have 10 wins. That's 2.

Pittsburgh and Cincy play in week 17, both would have 9 wins if Cincy loses to Denver Monday night(or Cincy could already have 10 wins going into week 17 if they beat Denver) and Pittsburgh loses to KC. One of those teams has to win that game, and will have 10 wins. That makes 3.

Bills are out for all intents and purposes barring another tie in one of those other games in week 17.

Edited by matter2003

Actually even if we win out our chance is still only about 34%, so its actually twice as likely that we don't get in.

Yes they can. If 3 teams that currently don't have 10 wins get to 10 wins(1 wins the AFC North, the other 2 are wildcards), the Bills are out because we will lose all the tiebreakers even if we also have 10 wins.

If Baltimore wins, they have 10 wins---that's one.

If San Diego and KC both win, they both will have 9 wins---they play in week 17 and one of those two teams have to win that game, so that means 1 of them will have 10 wins. That's 2.

Pittsburgh and Cincy play in week 17, both would have 9 wins if Cincy loses to Denver Monday night(or Cincy could already have 10 wins going into week 17 if they beat Denver) and Pittsburgh loses to KC. One of those teams has to win that game, and will have 10 wins. That makes 3.

Bills are out for all intents and purposes barring another tie in one of those other games in week 17.

No they can't be eliminated.

You're talking about week 17.

The Bills cannot be eliminated if they beat Oakland in week 16.

The Pats game would still count.

Unfortunately, it appears that the Pats will have to win against the Bills to secure home field advantage. I have a high degree of confidence that regardless of the playoff scenario situation for the Bills in week 17, the Pats will utterly annihilate them.

I thought the same thing about Denver and Green Bay.