Orton Being Underappreciated Again with Bills

first winning season in 10 years, and still the belly aching, bottom line, Orton may not have won the game, but he sure didn't lose, so pretty or ugly a win is a win, as for Kelly not wanting to come here, that is right on the mark, and the Hall of Fame QB had his share of

criticism all the time he was in a Bill's uniform, QB controversy, Reich or Kelly was a non stop issue, even in the Super Bowl Years

one thing that is 100% spot on, Some Bills fans would still B word, even if they were being Hung with A NEW ROPE.....

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Gray.

Orton leaves so many plays on the field. Too bad, because the much maligned OC seems to ALWAYS have guys running open for Orton to miss.

GO BILLS!!!

yep + 1

I don't know WTH is wrong with Orton because earlier this season he was hitting deep shots with passes to Goodwin (@Lions) and Sammy (@NYJ) being examples. He is in a major funk.

Injury undisclosed?

Its very noticable. Is he not stepping into the tosses?

first winning season in 10 years, and still the belly aching, bottom line, Orton may not have won the game, but he sure didn't lose, so pretty or ugly a win is a win, as for Kelly not wanting to come here, that is right on the mark, and the Hall of Fame QB had his share of

criticism all the time he was in a Bill's uniform, QB controversy, Reich or Kelly was a non stop issue, even in the Super Bowl Years

one thing that is 100% spot on, Some Bills fans would still B word, even if they were being Hung with A NEW ROPE.....

It's not a winning season yet.

You get the QB some protection schemes that work against these great defences . I don't get the fuss is about Offence Linemen Offence Lineman That's what ya need. Woods was pushed into backfield several times I don't get it. Rodgers an most these guys you talk about that are good. They are!! Because the line blocks and keep players away!!! Put AR, TB, PM, Drew Bree's behind that line we have Would get ugly for them fast. Our First 3 picks Should be LG RG RT or Tight End Draft all Offence. My biggest fear Ortin gets hurt ej comes in cold gets hurt shm They need protection at least 4 secs.

Yes this is what I see also. he can not make great throws when the defense gets to him at the same time the ball does.

The story of Kyle Orton's career is he is a pretty good player, however, for some reason, nobody wants him. This trend has continued in Buffalo with Bills fans. I live in Indiana which is where Purdue University is (Orton's alma mater). My two brothers and sister-in-law went to school there when Orton was the quarterback. Because of this, I have followed his career more closely than most. Firstly, I want to dismiss the idea that I am biased toward Orton for this reason. I actually despise Purdue. I went to Indiana University out of high school and Purdue is our rival.

Orton followed Drew Brees at Purdue and was a very good college QB. However, because he followed Brees he was underappreciated even at Purdue. Orton was drafted by the Bears in the early 4th round. He started 15 games as a rookie and won 10. Yes, I know, the Bears defense was great then. However, he was a rookie, came in and made good decisions as a game manager and did what was necessary to win games. They benched him 2 games before the playoffs began in favor of Rex Grossman who was coming off injury. The Bears lost their first game in the postseason with Grossman at the helm. Orton saw zero game action the next year placed on the third string behind Grossman and Griese.

In his third year with the Bears, with three games left, he was given the starting role again finally. He went 2-1 in the final three games.

In his 4th year with the Bears, he entered the season competing against Grossman for the starting role. He won the starting role. He went 8-7 as a starter, missing one game for injury. They missed the playoffs by one game.

After this year, he was expecting to come back to the starting role he left in Chicago. He was traded to Denver for Cutler.

In his first year with Denver (2009-2010), he went 8-8 with pretty good statistics. In his 2nd year, he started 13 games. Their record was not good, however his statistics were pretty good. He had an 87.5 passer rating for the year. The Broncos coach was fired midseaon and Tebowmania began when he had a poor game late in the season. The interim coach benched Orton in favor of Tebow for the final three games. In his third year, he started poorly and the chants for Tebow immediately reached a fever pitch. He went 1-4 as starter this year with a 75.4 rating. He ended up with 49 touchdowns, 28 interceptions and almost 5,000 yards in 2.5 season with the Broncos. He was cut by the Broncos.

The Chiefs claimed him off waivers. Two other teams tried to claim him but the Chiefs had the worst record. With three games to go in the season, Orton was named the starter. In hist 1st game, he beat the then undefeated Packers in weak 15 of the NFL season. He went 2-1 as a starter for the Chiefs. The Chiefs didn't resign him.

He has been backing up Tony Romo (a yearly pro bowler) in the previous two years. In the limited time he has had to come in for Romo he has performed. Dallas knew he had value and really wanted to keep him as backup to Romo. However, clearly he did not want to stay and back up Romo.

He is now in Buffalo. He has a QB rating of 89.2 despite playing a disproportionate number of highly ranked defenses. He has over 2,300 yards and a 2-1 TD-Interception ration. Sadly, the story of Orton's career continues in Buffalo. Orton performs pretty well but is not wanted. Is he a tier one franchise QB? Of course not. However, I think Buffalo (like everywhere else) is not appreciating Orton for what he is. Orton can win in Buffalo. Don't run him out of town.

I couldn't get passed the first sentence. Are you Effing kidding me???!!! He's a BUM!!!!

I really liked Orton as a backup. But I hate him as a starter. He is doing exactly what Orton has done his whole career so why are people surprised? There is not one Bears or Bronocs fan sad when Orton left. If Orton is our starter next year, there will be a big failure. Our 9th year QB's QBR is lower than Manuel's rookie year QBR. Upgrade!

I really liked Orton as a backup. But I hate him as a starter. He is doing exactly what Orton has done his whole career so why are people surprised? There is not one Bears or Bronocs fan sad when Orton left. If Orton is our starter next year, there will be a big failure. Our 9th year QB's QBR is lower than Manuel's rookie year QBR. Upgrade!

Victor Crenshaw at 121 Rosedale Lane in Thornton, Colorado, was very sad then Orton left.

Btw, I think argument by hyperbole to be extremely persuasive.

Victor Crenshaw at 121 Rosedale Lane in Thornton, Colorado, was very sad then Orton left.

Btw, I think argument by hyperbole to be extremely persuasive.

Victor was biased, he won a lot of money betting on Orton to lose. He's not a legitimate fan he's a degenerate gambler.

There were, however, numerous fans sad to see him leave in both cities.

Victor was biased, he won a lot of money betting on Orton to lose. He's not a legitimate fan he's a degenerate gambler.

There were, however, numerous fans sad to see him leave in both cities.

My bad. I thought he had overcome his gambling addiction by then.

But he was still happy - so I still think Biscuit's assertion was false.

I frankly do not see a better option for this next year......

We REALLY need to get our OL fixed from OG to OG and get a legit TE for him to throw to

I agree completely. If we had an interior oline that could open running lanes and not collapse in pass protection, our offence becomes the average NFL offence that we need to win with our Super Bowl caliber defence. There aren't a lot of QB upgrade options, so I would prefer to focus our first upgrading efforts on the O-line.

You mean plantar fasciitis? Or, were you trying to be facetious? Or, are you saying Orton is a Fascist Nazi gardener?

The latter.

You read between the lines pretty well Fella !

I agree completely. If we had an interior oline that could open running lanes and not collapse in pass protection, our offence becomes the average NFL offence that we need to win with our Super Bowl caliber defence. There aren't a lot of QB upgrade options, so I would prefer to focus our first upgrading efforts on the O-line.

We cant have both ?

I quit.