Orton Being Underappreciated Again with Bills

it would also help if the WRs would not drop the ball

If Orton wouldn't consistently throw balls that make his WRs have to make difficult catches they wouldn't drop so many.

You can't keep putting them in that position and not expect them to drop some. How about putting most of them on the numbers with a scattering of balls that need great catches and then we can start calling out the WRs. As it is they make great catches time and time again and yeah, percentages say they're going to drop a few of those ducks.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would help more if Orton didnt suck eggs. No reason to trot that old bum out there anymore, hes no better than, umm, the younger stronger guy we have

Orton is nothing but a warm body out there

after a win no less.

One under thrown deep passand the IT . some missed throws. He kept the Bills in it this time.

Would help more if Orton didnt suck eggs. No reason to trot that old bum out there anymore, hes no better than, umm, the younger stronger guy we have

Orton is nothing but a warm body out there

Please we would have scored zero offensive points with ej. At least with Orton he is mildly inaccurate where the WRs have a chance to catch the ball, with ej who is WILDLY inaccurate the WRs were clearly sick of trying to catch his knuckle balls.

If Orton wouldn't consistently throw balls that make his WRs have to make difficult catches they wouldn't drop so many.

You can't keep putting them in that position and not expect them to drop some. How about putting most of them on the numbers with a scattering of balls that need great catches and then we can start calling out the WRs. As it is they make great catches time and time again and yeah, percentages say they're going to drop a few of those ducks.

The pass to Woods. and Woods' focus were a highlight play.

and EJ is way more inaccurate

Please we would have scored zero offensive points with ej. At least with Orton he is mildly inaccurate where the WRs have a chance to catch the ball, with ej who is WILDLY inaccurate the WRs were clearly sick of trying to catch his knuckle balls.

I love those scenarios that can't be proven wrong. Truth is the 10 year vet is making the same mistakes the 2 year QB was making early in the year.

Go watch the the teams with the top receivers and all they do is make highlight reel catches . I cant belive you watch any other team play go watch highlights of the top 5 passers in the league and the sewe the types of catches those receivers make on the regular.

Anything over 5 yards in this league and your receivers have to be willing to fight for the ball because you can bump within 5 yards so short throws are always going to be low see Manning and Brady for this . That leaves back shoulder and jump ball throws on our team the seam is guarded heavily as Orton in his first few games was shredding the seams and so that is taken away .

We have young receivers and they are inexperienced but they are learning but they are making quite a few mistakes

Thats insane. How can you say that? How can you think that Ej could look any worse than Orton today? In my eyes, everything was there, the offense played well, the game plan has been there for the last two weeks. Coaching isnt a problem, theres one glaring weakness on this team and we all saw what it was. I have no idea of Ortons stats today and i dont care. He looked awful. All i know is, is EJ stronger and faster. No offensive TD's says it all. EJ could have just as easily had no TD's today either. But i dont think he would have, i think EJ would have been able to punch it in once. Just on the energy the rest of the team was carrying alone.

And i dont wanna hear about the WR Mutiny either. Whos this mutiny consist of anyways? Woods? A second yr player that hasnt proven anything? And a rookie? Neither one of those guys has any place forming a mutiny. Woods is a professional football player, hell catch balls thrown by who the coach say throws them, not the other way around. Or maybe Hogan was gonna mutiny? Or Chandler? Doubtful

Edited by mastershake

Firstly, to answer your question, I have watched every game and every play of the year. Secondly, he is winning in Buffalo. He's 5-4. Name the last Bills QB who had a record over .500.

Thirdly, he heas faced far more than his share of top defenses. No this is not a weak excuse. These are the defenses he's faced and their corresponding defensive rank.

#2 - Lions

#4 - Broncos

#6 - Miami

#7 - New York

#8 - Kansas City

#12 - Minnesota

#13 - New England

#20 - Cleveland

That is freaking brutal.

I think that takes care of all your points.

Uh no it doesn't. With Orton the Bills have beat Detroit, the Jets twice who are awful, Minnesota at home vs a rookie QB making his first road start, Cleveland who was obviously not as good as their record, and Green Bay today which the Bills won in spite of Orton. Which of those other games did Orton make a positive impact on and factor in the outcome? Detroit and maybe Minnesota.

With Orton the Bills lost 4 big games two of which were at home. The NE game was a total team loss so I won't hang that on Orton but Chiefs at home and Miami on the road were winnable games with better QB play.

If Ortons play was a result of the defenses he faced then why wasn't he better today vs one of the worst pass defenses in the league?

Like I said listing out the rankings of the defenses the Bills have faced and using it as an excuse for his poor play is extremely weak.

Thats insane. How can you say that? How can you think that Ej could look any worse than Orton today? In my eyes, everything was there, the offense played well, the game plan has been there for the last two weeks. Coaching isnt a problem, theres one glaring weakness on this team and we all saw what it was. I have no idea of Ortons stats today and i dont care. He looked awful. All i know is, is EJ stronger and faster. No offensive TD's says it all. EJ could have just as easily had no TD's today either. But i dont think he would have, i think EJ would have been able to punch it in once. Just on the energy the rest of the team was carrying alone.

Where are the offensive tds supposed to come from ? You cant even justify these comments because there is no evidence of the passing game to go off of .

The glaring weakness is the Oline and I think everyone saw that

Uh no it doesn't. With Orton the Bills have beat Detroit, the Jets twice who are awful, Minnesota at home vs a rookie QB making his first road start, Cleveland who was obviously not as good as their record, and Green Bay today which the Bills won in spite of Orton. Which of those other games did Orton make a positive impact on and factor in the outcome? Detroit and maybe Minnesota.

With Orton the Bills lost 4 big games two of which were at home. The NE game was a total team loss so I won't hang that on Orton but Chiefs at home and Miami on the road were winnable games with better QB play.

If Ortons play was a result of the defenses he faced then why wasn't he better today vs one of the worst pass defenses in the league?

Like I said listing out the rankings of the defenses the Bills have faced and using it as an excuse for his poor play is extremely weak.

Because the offense is not just Orton its an inexperienced receiving corps and the offense as a whole is work in progress. The packers are one of the true man coverage teams and they are good they face Megatron,Jeffrey,and Brandon Marshall all the time so they are physical . One of of the biggest things today was the press man and the packers play it all the time but they are blitzing and if you dont adjust your routes and make your reads the passing game will be in trouble . But thats what the packers do to exploit young receivers they get them so excited about seeing the man coverage that they stop making there reads and breaking off routes and while they may get open the ball doesn't get there because the rush makes it first .

But Orton also missed a couple of throws but then the lines blows but then a drop but then a well executed play for big yards that gets called back due to a penalty . You see what Im saying there its ALWAYS something .

The main problem with this offense is consistency across the board in executing their assignments from play to play

Have you heard of a river in Egypt?

I will not try to have a debate with somebody who cannot see their own biases and logical fallacies.

Where are the offensive tds supposed to come from ? You cant even justify these comments because there is no evidence of the passing game to go off of .

The glaring weakness is the Oline and I think everyone saw that

I watched 1/3 of the game today and i saw Orton throw screens to RB and TE in double coverage. I saw a strong offensive team effort to get in the red zone only to have passes thrown 8 yrd short of the endzone. I saw Orton get sacked twice and go down like a bag of moldy potatoes. The passing game wasnt there because the passer cant pass. Damn, EJ is athletic man!

Im so psyched we won! That was really awesome, i just can not stand to watch them snap the ball to him anymore

Edited by mastershake

Really, tell me when has a coach ever pulled a QB when he is winning the game?? LOL

I'm sure if I go back through your posts I'd find that you hate Marrone, so good opportunity to rag on him, even though your reasoning is just plain dumb and never happens.

Orton played terrible today and didn't deserve to finish the game. The coach is spineless for not making a change.

Reality check is that Kyle Orton is horrible, he's old, he can't hit the broad side of a barn, and he has no legs. It's time to give EJ Manuel the keys to the offense for the rest of the season.

Good Idea, after he gets a receiver decapitated that player will have all winter to re hab it.

kyle sucks, Manuel sucks. Pick your posion.