Does anyone think Orton would be more successful running his own no hu

PolishDave

I wonder if Orton might get into a rhythm better and earlier if he was given the reigns to run a no huddle right from the start of the game.

I feel like when he is in the hurry up it seems like he is more willing to open up and more willing to take shots down field.

Your thoughts?

If it stops us from running the fake reverse screen pass to fred, then yes.

Our playcalling is so inconsistent I can't stand it. The only thing that can be executed is the 5 and out pass to hogan or some dump off to chandler or fred. We are too afraid to let it go downfield or the qb simply doesn't have time with urbik getting destroyed

If it stops us from running the fake reverse screen pass to fred, then yes.

Our playcalling is so inconsistent I can't stand it. The only thing that can be executed is the 5 and out pass to hogan or some dump off to chandler or fred. We are too afraid to let it go downfield or the qb simply doesn't have time with urbik getting destroyed

They dont trust the Oline or they dont trust the backs because 3rd and 1 and they are throwing it :sick:

Now as for the no huddle thing I said weeks ago that if they are not going to run the ball seriously then you get ultra aggressive in the passing game and just let it fly down the field and be uber aggressive in your tempo and your formations and hope you can catch some teams with delayed draws etc .

Its like at the bye they told Orton just to take care of the ball and the defense would win it for us . But this team kinda needs aggressive Orton even with the occasional pick or crazy sack because the tempo we play with no running game is not conducive to the personnel we have .

I wonder if Orton might get into a rhythm better and earlier if he was given the reigns to run a no huddle right from the start of the game.

I feel like when he is in the hurry up it seems like he is more willing to open up and more willing to take shots down field.

Your thoughts?

So was EJ! Look at the tapes of the Panthers, Patriots, Falcons.

So was EJ! Look at the tapes of the Panthers, Patriots, Falcons.

Nah....

They tried running an up-tempo offense in Ej's first year and it was a disaster. They rightfully went back to a regular huddle with him in there.

Orton is more experienced though and seems like more of a field general pocket passer. I would like to see them try it. I would try it immediately after a turnover that goes in the Bills' favor. Bring the offense in and go no huddle. And keep your foot on the gas as long as it is working.

The best way to help Orton is to get him some quality OG's, and a stout run game. Then give him a better coaching staff with an OC who actually knows how to build a balanced offense.

Running a hurry up with a crap supporting cast will only get him killed, or it would simply resemble last years hurry up and punt offense.

Seeing as how Orton is so sloth-like in his movements, I'm afraid he'd get winded if he had to run the no-huddle for an extended period of time. On the bright side, Orton should just be rounding into shape by season's end.

GO BILLS!!!

Orton is hopeless in any situation. As much as he sucks though it is not all his fault.

That they have not tried to run some hurry-up with a veteran QB and good WR's is another indictment of Marrone. The whole offense is ass backwards. They just let go of Mike Williams and Lee Smith plays 20 snaps a game. Spiller was almost never split out wide. They had Goodwin man to man with a single high safety shaded to Watkins three times in the first half and not once did they throw his way.

Rodgers is running the same plays Bill Walsh designed in 1979. Bruce Arians is winning games with a PS RB and a QB even worse than ours. It doesn't have to be this hard to move the ball in today's NFL.

Nah....

They tried running an up-tempo offense in Ej's first year and it was a disaster. They rightfully went back to a regular huddle with him in there.

Two things. It wasn't any more of a disaster than the offense has been this year. Two, I can't imagine that an no-huddle offense would be a disaster with a friggin' rookie running it. The offensive coaching on this team is just offensive.

Your thoughts?

Definitely, Hackett wants the K-gun, then lets do it.

Orton also needs to work overtime to get his timing down with the WRs on deeper routs, he had a lot of just misses on the deeper throws.

Your thoughts?

YES! I have been calling for it—to my dog as we watch the games—"Why no, No Huddle?"

You aren't going to get anything more out of Kyle Orton than what we have seen. the mans been in and out of starting lineups for years and its the same old some old. He looks good against bad defenses to give people false hope and looks pitiful against good defenses.