Does anyone think Orton would be more successful running his own no hu

PolishDave

Nah....

They tried running an up-tempo offense in Ej's first year and it was a disaster. They rightfully went back to a regular huddle with him in there.

Orton is more experienced though and seems like more of a field general pocket passer. I would like to see them try it. I would try it immediately after a turnover that goes in the Bills' favor. Bring the offense in and go no huddle. And keep your foot on the gas as long as it is working.

Check the tape. When EJ ran the 2 min offense from the shotgun, he was very effective.

Check the tape. When EJ ran the 2 min offense from the shotgun, he was very effective.

I am sure there were times he looked good. I just remember that for much of the season fans were begging the coaches to ditch their up-tempo offense because EJ was failing at it miserably. And the coaches did scrap it once they came to the same conclusion. But they haven't run it much with Orton. I think he is better suited for it than EJ was or is.

I think no huddle would work better for Orton and this offense, BUT, that doesn't mean running a hurry up offense. That's what people often forget when installing no-huddle (ahem, Hackett)... doesn't mean you have to get the play off in 5 seconds.

I think Orton has better instincts than the OC and has the knowledge and the smarts to run the no huddle. But I question his drive and his fitness to run it for more than short periods of time. Kelly had the skills, the toughness and the smarts to do it. Orton has not shown the toughness or the consistent accuracy to make it work over a whole game. As a situational tactic, a firm YES! If we loose the GB game, the season will be over, so we have nothing to loose anyway. It's going to be like an early preseason time to see what we have in the rookies and experiment. So either give EJ one last chance the rest of the season to prove he deserves to be here , or let Orton run the no huddle (not the hurry up) and see what happens, at least it might be more entertaining!

Edited by simpleman

I think Orton has better instincts than the OC and has the knowledge and the smarts to run the no huddle.

I agree with this.

If the coaches really want to try to win out the rest of these games and give it every ounce of what they have left, then I think they need to make some substantial changes to the offense immediately. I say that even though there are only a few games left in the season. Why throw they down the drain by continuing to do what is not working well....

If I am Nate Hackett I would be sitting down with Orton and letting him pick and choose which offensive plays are going to be in this week's playbook. I would put the weight on his shoulders to tell me what situation he needs to be put in to give him the best chance to execute big plays this week. Then I do whatever I can to try to create that situation for him. They have got to find a way to get Orton's best game out of him yet and try to get a boost going into these last 3 games.

Edited by PolishDave

This was supposed to be the second coming of the K-Gun offense..so if you're gonna do K-Gun do it the right way! I do agree it doesn't necessarily have to be hurry up.. just no huddle. WE have a vet QB and our OC seems overmatched so why not turn it over to Orton and see how he does calling plays and making adjustments at the line.

This was supposed to be the second coming of the K-Gun offense..so if you're gonna do K-Gun do it the right way! I do agree it doesn't necessarily have to be hurry up.. just no huddle. WE have a vet QB and our OC seems overmatched so why not turn it over to Orton and see how he does calling plays and making adjustments at the line.

Because Marrone and Hackett run the LS-Gun not the K-Gun.