15 years...When will it ever end?

From Yahoo Sports power rankings:

16. Buffalo Bills (7-5, LW: 18)

The defense is really good. I just don’t see how they get into the playoffs, which is a shame

Okay listen. Its been a decade and a freaking half, and the Bills are once again on the outside looking in when it comes to the playoff picture. With that said, there is no reason we should not be in the driver seat right now. I'll do my best to exlain why.

Our defense is top 3 in the league. No if-ands-buts about it. We literally win games because of our defense. We all know the defensive stats. They have been drilled into our heads all year, usually paired with the mentioning of our crap offense. The only reason I don't say we are #1 is because we haven't done it against good QB's. That is why this Sunday cannot come soon enough. We get after The Sheriff and put up 25 points, we have a real decent shot on upsetting the Broncos and gaining some notoriety in this league.

Kyle Orton is not the answer. But he CAN make throws in this league. Nate Hackett needs to be doing everything he can to exploit the defenses in our remaining four games. Let's go Nate, prove your worth in the NFL. Exploit the weaknesses! Robert Woods is looking like an absolute stud and Sammy Watkins is bound to have a few more big games. As far as the run game, maybe Fred is getting healthier and provide a lift. Neither of these defenses we face in the next four weeks are elite. I believe ours is on the cusp, pending we show up against Manning, Rodgers, Brady. We are not going to beat all three, but can you sit here and tell me we can't compete with this defense we have? Crazier things have happened in this league. I can see images in my head of Brady roundhouse kicking water coolers on the Pats sideline on December 28th as we speak.

I love this team as much as most of you do, and I just hope we can figure out some sort of game plan on offense before the season ends, and we lose some of these guys on our defense. *Cough cough Jerry Hughes*. Schwartz is probably going to get a head coaching job after this year also. How many of you thought he would be an improvement over Pettine?

Here's to hoping we can find some way to sneak into the playoffs this year. It's not going to be easy but it can be done. Go Bills.

Four games left to play, one game back from the 6th seed, and we're already throwing in the towel? Where's this Buffalo pride I always hear about with Bills fans?

It stopped when they started repeating the same old repeated thing "The Bills have been not been to playoffs for XX years" at the start of every news article whether it was applicable or not for it was easier for "professional" writers to pad articles that way.

Four games left to play, one game back from the 6th seed, and we're already throwing in the towel? Where's this Buffalo pride I always hear about with Bills fans?

You're looking at it.

Seriously, the biggest reason for the drought is being in the same division as the Patriots.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

No Freakin' kidding.

It seems some here don't realize we're still very much in this. The qualifier is we have to win which is the big one. But we're 2 games over .500. 4 to play. Riding a 2 game win streak. And it's over? This is nuts!

In past years at this point we were in win out and get a lot of help mode. Since this is a new thing for us in the last 14 years, I guess some are having a hard time grasping it?

Our defense is top 3 in the league. No if-ands-buts about it. We literally win games because of our defense. We all know the defensive stats. They have been drilled into our heads all year, usually paired with the mentioning of our crap offense. The only reason I don't say we are #1 is because we haven't done it against good QB's. That is why this Sunday cannot come soon enough. We get after The Sheriff and put up 25 points, we have a real decent shot on upsetting the Broncos and gaining some notoriety in this league.

If the Bills get into the playoffs, it will most likely be because of the defense, I agree. To take that point further, because the road to the playoffs will have involved knocking off at least 2 of 3 teams led by Manning, Rodgers, and Brady, the narrative will change. The conversation will turn from "how the Bills wasted a playoff caliber D" to " this is a once in a generation type of defense that can win the Super Bowl."

That's IF they get into the playoffs this season.

At the least when Brady retires, at worst it could be post Beliichick unless the Bills are able to nab a difference maker HC or OC. Then there is that pesky issue of the Quarterback....

You think Beliichick or Kraft will stop cheating and influence peddling because Brady retires?

It has been a lot more than just Brady.

I hate to say it, but it looks like next year is their best chance since it looks like the NFL will add two more wildcards

We play the NFCE. Hopefully, we play Dallas late when they have already crumbled - and the game will be in Buffalo. We also bring the Giants to Buffalo and I hope we do that early. @Phili will probably be a Monday night game because the NFL hates us and at the Redskins won't matter.

Next year we might have a 2-2 record outside our conference.

And that I fear isn't going to change for AT LEAST 5 more years.

Brady looks as good as ever.

No, just wait until September when Brady will have lost an edge and age has caught up with him!