Is a Bronco Win Over Buffalo Really Imminent?

HOUSE

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bradham is a bad bad man! I think he puts Manning to sleep for this game(not wishing too much harm to anyone, just put him out of the game). Our D is ridiculous and could win us any game.

Then u have the good Orton & the bad Orton. Maybe he shows up for this game seeing his past with Denver.

24 - 17

Denver Bills

I think we play better but not enough to win.

Lets face it if we cant hang with the 3 power houses we are facing this month. Then why have dreams of B-lo getting into the playoffs. KO needs to play good and our D will take care of the rest. Denver at home will b tough!

Edited by snamsnoops

Take it from a Denver Bills fan. Broncos have weaknesses, but we still need a little luck:

1. Kicking game. New kicker Conor Barth doesn't have a big leg. It probably won't matter in Denver with the elevation making the ball travel further, but Thigpen may get a return or two, and Barth's range ain't Matt Prater range.

2. Offensive line. Broncos got the running game going, but only by playing an extra tackle plus a one-dimensional blocking TE. If the Bills can stop that run game, the Broncos will have trouble passing out of that formation. After all, when you're playing essentially 7 lineman plus Peyton plus a running back, my math says only 2 receivers are in the game. They've been running it a lot these last couple games. Most fans think they'll abandon the run formation since it won't work against the Bills front 7. I disagree. They seem really enamored of this new game. Remember, they went to it because the pure pass-happy thing wasn't working so well. The key is still to stop the run cold.

3. Linebackers. They're not that good. I wish we could run the ball a little more effectively because the Broncos run defense is suspect. Von Miller plays the run well, DeMarcus Ware doesn't. Terrence "Pot Roast" Knighton is the run stuffer. The linebackers are adequate at best. If we can run the ball effectively we have a shot.

4. The one everyone knows: Peyton hates pressure. We saw last week that even Orton is more mobile. Peyton gets rid of the ball awfully fast, and that's because the passing game is built around timing routes and the receivers run then superbly unless, like Seattle, you mess all of that up at the line. Then the passing game kind of falls apart. Very few have done it in the Peyton years in Denver. Obviously Seattle completely succeeded in the Super Bowl, Seattle succeeded to some extent earlier this year, and St. Louis had some success as well. This is as much on our secondary as it is on our pass rush -- you need both to work at the same time. That's why they're hard to beat.

So it's a big stretch, but I'm not about to write this off as a loss ...

It'll be extremely difficult to get a W in Denver, but it is possible. Here's what we need to happen:

1. Our red-zone offense needs to succeed on 80% of our visits.

2. Pressure Manning

3. Force turnovers

4. Run the ball effectively

5. Get Sammy heavily involved in the game-plan.

28-24 . . . I believe they'll pull off the upset. But our defense will have to play the best game I've ever seen to make up for our failure to score on offense. I honestly don't know how our offense will score more than twice on Denver's D. If our defense doesn't tire out and show's up with 1000% effort for 100% of the game - I think we get this one.

And although it's on another thread, regarding Mark effing Schlereth, he knows next to nothing but I love when people doubt the Bills and give them little to no respect - only fuels the fire and helps them perform.

A couple weeks ago in Miami, the Dolphins plan was to have Tennehill throw the ball quickly. They weren't waiting around for the Bills pass rush to blow him up. If the Bills don't employ a similar strategy for Orton, Von Miller will have 6 sacks by himself. Orton has to get rid of the ball fast or the Bills are screwed. Receivers better have their heads turned around quickly.

Yes it will be imminent around 4:15pm Sunday Eastern Standard Time. Today, not so much. The Bills offense is horrible and will not score much,if anything. They have nothing to scare a very good Broncos defense. Can't run the ball consistently and do not have the QB or offense to do anything explosive. I doubt they have enough long drives in them to amount to anything.

Nothing is a sure thing. I would have loved to have GB come here to to play the Bills after beating the Pats. Perfect trap game.

New England will never let us beat them at home using subs to rest the starters. Their coach is to much of a gamer. He should think 2X about playing Brady. He could get rocked by a number of our players.

To beat Denver, you have to beat Manning. Attack him early and often, Hit him and make Peyton flinch. I watched many games here in Indy. If you get to him and pressure him, he will make bad throws. Best chance for the Bills to win is t knock him out of the game, Rattle him enough to sit out the game. Bills offense will had to pound the ball and wear down their line. Denver will win but Bills will make it a difficult victory.

C'mon guys. The Broncos are fielding the #5 offense in points, and yards. The #3 defense in yards, and 17th in points. That Denver defense is currently ranked #3 in total defense, and #10 against the pass, #2 against the run.

The Bills are playing "on the road" in Denver at mile high stadium. QB Peyton Manning has throw 36 TD's to 9 INT's.

Now for the keepin it real stuff.

The real discrepancy between the two teams is with the Buffalo offense, as they are currently ranked 24th in yards. 21st in passing, 24th in rushing. 23rd in 3rd and out percentage. 26th in 3rd down efficiency. 31st in first down statistics. The Bills are currently 30th in red zone TD scoring. Last time I looked the Gailey clone is still calling for more pass plays then runs. The offensive line is still a huge concern, and nobody on it is playing up to their past abilities.

The entire receiving corps seems to be questionable, and hurting. The superstar WR the Bills gave up three picks for is hurting, and since opposing teams have rolled coverage's his way is not performing like he did at the start of the season. Spiller is not ready to play just yet, and Fredex looks to be still hurting from his injury.

The reality is that if it comes down to just FG's, then the Bills have a shot to win.

First time poster on this forum. I have been reading for years and finally signed up! I'm normally really pessimistic going into these big games for obvious heartbreaking reasons. However, I really think buffalo is going to put up a fight in this one. Actually i think they are going to win this one. Maybe it's because i refuse to believe these are the same old bills. It really is going to fall onto Orton as to whether we win. If we get good orton we win this game. The Defense will keep us in this game i don't doubt it for a second. Also, Hackett has got to have a better gameplan for this game than he did for Cleveland. Denver's D is solid but they are aggressive too. I honestly think the best way to exploit them would be to run screens to Brown and force them to dial back the pressure. Overall i think it will be a close grind it out game with Orton getting his revenge on Denver.

Buffalo 27 Denver 24

First time poster on this forum. I have been reading for years and finally signed up! I'm normally really pessimistic going into these big games for obvious heartbreaking reasons. However, I really think buffalo is going to put up a fight in this one. Actually i think they are going to win this one. Maybe it's because i refuse to believe these are the same old bills. It really is going to fall onto Orton as to whether we win. If we get good orton we win this game. The Defense will keep us in this game i don't doubt it for a second. Also, Hackett has got to have a better gameplan for this game than he did for Cleveland. Denver's D is solid but they are aggressive too. I honestly think the best way to exploit them would be to run screens to Brown and force them to dial back the pressure. Overall i think it will be a close grind it out game with Orton getting his revenge on Denver.

Buffalo 27 Denver 24