CJ Spillers return - Bills working on it?

boyst

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Freddy back fully and Breasteses shouldering the rest of the load, I think they'd be better off having Spiller back. Brown just isn't the same home run threat, and with Sammy being gimpy, we certainly could use one.

Other than as a return man, I don't see the point of rushing the guy back. We haven't missed his output, such as it is. If he gets hurt again, he will have zero trade value.

The trade deadline is over and he's not signed for next year, so pretty sure his trade value is nothing.

Not unless he is on the non football injury list

I heard he broke his shoulder shoveling.

We miss his speed. Teams needed to game plan for it. He is capable of big plays, we could certainly use that

With Freddy back fully and Breasteses shouldering the rest of the load, I think they'd be better off having Spiller back. Brown just isn't the same home run threat, and with Sammy being gimpy, we certainly could use one.

Spiller isn't a home run threat anymore. He had 2 "big plays" this season. Over 1/3 of his total rushing yards came on 2 runs. He has 2 rushing TDs in 2 years, total.

The offense has several problems, none of which will be solved by Spiller's meager rushing attempts.

I`d still like to see more of Bryce Brown. He runs hard and is SOOOOO much faster than Fred. The screens to him ,could turn into some big yardage. Please no more Screens or short outs to Chandler. At 56 and 2 bad knees .I think I could give him a run. I`d like to see Kyle and him ,run one off.

I want to see what Bryce Brown can do with 2 decent guards on the line. Brown has something like 4.4 speed at 220 lbs. Get some decent guards! Augh!

yes we need him to lose 3 yards per carry and run out of bounds when we are killing the clock. Brice brown at least falls forward while fumbling. Spiller gets help up instantly on contact and then fumbles. Oh ya I know he did get a couple long runs this season, when he wasnt too busy breaking his collarbones.

sammy being a wuss, hes played soft since week 3. How did he hurt his ribs anyway? i saw shazier barely hit him on a slant and broken ribs? i guess. howd he get thru college being so fragile? put goodwin in for him, now theres a player with durability. Edited by enlightener

If I was Spiller I would not play again if the Bills are out of the playoffs. Seattle will sign him in a heartbeat if healthy. If Bills beat Denver and he is healthy then he should try to get on the field. But again, only if Bills are in playoff hunt. No reason to risk another injury for a lost season and heading into FA.

who then sits ?

I wonder if the staff dare goes with a banged up Jackson, Dixon and Spiller then inactive Brown?

I know there are some stipulations on how many games Brown can be active that may be a factor.

If by a miracle Spiller comes back this week I think Brown should be active on game day along with Mike Williams.

Goodwin will not be going to Denver because of illness. He has Sickle Cell and it was discussed in the off season that he suffers from something that doesn't do well in thin air and can kill him. I have no idea about this but am looking it up now.

Edited by jboyst62

I wonder if the staff dare goes with a banged up Jackson, Dixon and Spiller then inactive Brown?

I know there are some stipulations on how many games Brown can be active that may be a factor.

If by a miracle Spiller comes back this week I think Brown should be active on game day along with Mike Williams.

Goodwin will not be going to Denver because of illness. He has Sickle Cell and it was discussed in the off season that he suffers from something that doesn't do well in thin air and can kill him. I have no idea about this but am looking it up now.

The Goodwin issue is true enough

asthma and sickle cell for real. Interesting take J.

The Goodwin issue is true enough

asthma and sickle cell for real. Interesting take J.

Highly unlikely he'll play because of it

we're now discussing sickle cell in the shout box, encyclopedia Tom is there to school us, as well.

Spiller isn't a home run threat anymore. He had 2 "big plays" this season. Over 1/3 of his total rushing yards came on 2 runs. He has 2 rushing TDs in 2 years, total.

The offense has several problems, none of which will be solved by Spiller's meager rushing attempts.

And, he is miserable at blocking.

yes we need him to lose 3 yards per carry and run out of bounds when we are killing the clock. Brice brown at least falls forward while fumbling. Spiller gets help up instantly on contact and then fumbles. Oh ya I know he did get a couple long runs this season, when he wasnt too busy breaking his collarbones.

sammy being a wuss, hes played soft since week 3. How did he hurt his ribs anyway? i saw shazier barely hit him on a slant and broken ribs? i guess. howd he get thru college being so fragile? put goodwin in for him, now theres a player with durability.

unfortunately none of that matters when you cant hang onto the ball