CJ Spillers return - Bills working on it?

boyst

Gragg was out with a knee. Spiller can't play until the Oakland game.

Darn. I knew that.

Thanks CB.

Anyone think that Marrone is in no hurry to get Spiller back on the field ?

One might be selfish , to reduce his value ( ? ). And because he has not fit into the Hackett/Marrone offensive scheme ( whatever that is lol) very well.

By the way i am a Spiller fan. He works hard and is team first.

If Marrone cant make better use of him maybe its best for CJ that CJ finds a better home. Just a thought

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darn. I knew that.

Thanks CB.

Anyone think that Marrone is in no hurry to get Spiller back on the field ?

One might be selfish , to reduce his value ( ? ). And because he has not fit into the Hackett/Marrone offensive scheme ( whatever that is lol) very well.

By the way i am a Spiller fan. He works hard and is team first.

If Marrone cant make better use of him maybe its best for CJ that CJ finds a better home. Just a thought

Spiller will play when he is healthy. Marrone is stubborn but not stupid Edited by Captain Hindsight

If you're still in the playoff hunt. You have CJ return kicks and get 10 offensive snaps again (assuming Boobie, FJax and BBrown are healthy).

It doesn't matter if he gets injured again. You need all hands on deck for the Patriots game of it matters for a playoff spot.

The rules on Spiller’s availability

With C.J. Spiller participating in practice today with his teammates it kick starts a practice window. Here’s how it all works.

Spiller’s participation today begins a 21-day practice window in which he can work with coaches and teammates and not count toward the active roster. He cannot be activated until Dec. 16th, the Tuesday after the Packers game, and would be eligible to play in games at that time. A roster move would also need to be made at that time to add Spiller to the 53-man roster.

Spiller suffered a shoulder injury back in Week 7 against the Vikings.

Yup. His legs still work. Don't send him up the middle though.

hell dont send anyone just right of center.

Nate has been playing possum for these last big 3 games..

I think he ran a sweet screen to Brown two weeks ago for 14 yds.

Spiller is on the verge of a breakout game.

Sarcasm aside. we know the drill. Give CJ some room and he has potential to get the big yards. as long as the downfield blocking is semi effective

I remember when Chan said CJ lined up too close in backfield. He hit line too fast and did allow holes to develop. I think the same is happening now.

This is so true. I've been saying that since his rookie year. The guy is just too fast for his own good. If he just waited a split second longer before hitting the hole, I'd bet he'd have a lot more success.

This is so true. I've been saying that since his rookie year. The guy is just too fast for his own good. If he just waited a split second longer before hitting the hole, I'd bet he'd have a lot more success.

I think it was Jamaal Charles that KC or another team lined up an extra yard or two behind the LOS and quarterback and it worked. But I could have just imagined that. ;)