GoFundMe for Darryl Talley (Update 7/12- Bills Hire Darryl)

This thread has brought out the best from Bills fans. And the worst.

For the former, thanks ChevyVanMiller. For the latter, thanks mrags.

I don't want to destroy this thread again. I will leave you with this.

I have already spoken with ChevyVanMiller personally about this so you don't have to fight anyone else's battles for them. But if you feel the desire to confront me about it, we can do it in private.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a Good Thing you've done, ChevyVan. In the Superbowl years, Darryl Talley was always my favorite Bill.

If I could reach Darryl and Janine, I have one thing I'd like to say:

Take the money. Because it isn't just about you.

It's about medical problems from playing the game we love, that weren't known while you were playing, impacting body and mind.

It's about hundreds or thousands of former NFL players, each in a Pain Cave of their own, trying to figure out what's happening and what to do - what works, what doesn't, what's best.

It's about the families of all those players, facing the same struggles.

It's about the league being reactive, doing something when pressed but not enough.

It's about Buffalo fans who would die a little bit themselves if they ever opened a paper and read about Darryl Talley doing what Junior Seau felt he had to do.

So take the money, but take it as a chance. Use it to get yourself straight as you can with medical and alternative treatment. Start with whatever it takes to get a sound night's sleep, because when you aren't sleeping right everything goes to sh** and when you are, everything looks better. Hire a different lawyer to see if your pension situation can be remedied, because the NFL is all about PR and this GoFundMe says you have PR behind you.

Then take the money and take it as a challenge. When you can, pay it forward by reaching out. As a former player, you have tons of cred. Use it to reach out to other players. Get guys talking. Talk about what works and what doesn't work. Build a database. Talk to families of former players about watchouts, what to look for when a guy may be going down that road. Build family support groups. And let it go from there, because it will. Because when you're up to your a** in alligators, it's hard to drain the swamp, and I think many former players are up to their a**. But if you take it with the same determination that made people love the way you play, maybe you have a chance to take on the swamp.

But first, take the money. Use it on your health, and fix whatever you can. Because if you do that, you'll be able to pay it forward in ways that are inconceivable now.

Best post in years...

This is a Good Thing you've done, ChevyVan. In the Superbowl years, Darryl Talley was always my favorite Bill.

If I could reach Darryl and Janine, I have one thing I'd like to say:

Take the money. Because it isn't just about you.

It's about medical problems from playing the game we love, that weren't known while you were playing, impacting body and mind.

It's about hundreds or thousands of former NFL players, each in a Pain Cave of their own, trying to figure out what's happening and what to do - what works, what doesn't, what's best.

It's about the families of all those players, facing the same struggles.

It's about the league being reactive, doing something when pressed but not enough.

It's about Buffalo fans who would die a little bit themselves if they ever opened a paper and read about Darryl Talley doing what Junior Seau felt he had to do.

So take the money, but take it as a chance. Use it to get yourself straight as you can with medical and alternative treatment. Start with whatever it takes to get a sound night's sleep, because when you aren't sleeping right everything goes to sh** and when you are, everything looks better. Hire a different lawyer to see if your pension situation can be remedied, because the NFL is all about PR and this GoFundMe says you have PR behind you.

Then take the money and take it as a challenge. When you can, pay it forward by reaching out. As a former player, you have tons of cred. Use it to reach out to other players. Get guys talking. Talk about what works and what doesn't work. Build a database. Talk to families of former players about watchouts, what to look for when a guy may be going down that road. Build family support groups. And let it go from there, because it will. Because when you're up to your a** in alligators, it's hard to drain the swamp, and I think many former players are up to their a**. But if you take it with the same determination that made people love the way you play, maybe you have a chance to take on the swamp.

But first, take the money. Use it on your health, and fix whatever you can. Because if you do that, you'll be able to pay it forward in ways that are inconceivable now.

Thats a hell of a post Hopeful ! Well done Sir !!

seeing Kelly in a 56 jersey was a beautiful thing,,,,

your a douche :devil:

I don't want to destroy this thread again. I will leave you with this.

I have already spoken with ChevyVanMiller personally about this so you don't have to fight anyone else's battles for them. But if you feel the desire to confront me about it, we can do it in private.

I feel better now. can we move on.

Over here we have the tiger cage..

and then over here we have the Elephants.

Little known fact bout Elephants is, they can fly. not all of them can of course

No one has seen them actually do this but , some hard scientific evidence is coming to light recently that some of them can actually hover. and then float a bit .

just sayin

Edited by 3rdand12

Had a great talk with Janine this morning as I was driving in to the Ralph. There will be an announcement soon and I can't spoil the surprise, but it's good news. The stadium was awesome today with love for Darryl and with what you all have done with the GoFundMe campaign.

I had a great time hanging out with Hammered and what I witnesssed up close with the ketchup and mustard ritual will haunt my dreams forever, :) The burning of the Whitner jersey in effigy was as cool as it gets.

Here is the quote that Janine sent me to post as an update:

A message from Janine Talley:

"Our hearts have been touched by the incomprehensible kindness of people throughout the country, Through tears of joy, every single comment has been read and they have been a source of great comfort.

Darryl's purpose is to bring awareness to the fact that there are many former NFL players who suffer similar circumstances.

Frank Croisdale's idea has ignited a movement that was inspired by the brilliant story-telling of Tim Graham."

Things like this thread make sites like twobillsdrive worth spending time on. It's pretty heartening to see a community show support for one it its own.

For the life of me I don't understand the trolls who pop up on this thread and the gofundme page just to rip on people doing something for someone else.