Ray Rice to Buffalo???

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's way too early to write him off. He's only 26 -- younger (and better) than CJ Spiller and will likely come at half the price. As a receiver out of the backfield he's far better than anyone on the current roster. At 1400 career carries he should have plenty left in the tank.

He's 27 and 8 months older than Spiller, but don't let facts get in your way.

That's ridiculous. You can't be serious.

A guy who cold-cocked his wife offends you less than a guy who is maybe over the top pious. I don't care what your stance is on faith, that's insane.

Right. Rice would still be on the Ravens roster and suspended if he hadn't been horrid in the last 2 years. His career is over.

He was 3.1 ypc last year which is bad but 4.4 the year before - not campaigning but not sure it's accurate

He HIT HIS WIFE, KNOCKED HER OUT, AND ACTED LIKE HE DIDN'T GIVE A ****. Get your thoughts straight, dude.

well, that's not exactly true. He did carry her off the elevator.

And before everyone flips out on me for being a heartless SOB, the wife even defends his actions after all this. I have no remorse for her if she continues to support him.

That's ridiculous. You can't be serious.

A guy who cold-cocked his wife offends you less than a guy who is maybe over the top pious. I don't care what your stance is on faith, that's insane.

Right. Rice would still be on the Ravens roster and suspended if he hadn't been horrid in the last 2 years. His career is over.

I agree with you that his career is over. As far as what he did, no one would be making such a fuss if not for the video. What did you think the video was going to show? He already admitted that he knocked out his wife. Everyone- including myself- has gotten over the Michael Vick thing and agreed that he paid his dues. Yet if there was a video showing him actually electrocuting dogs my guess is no one would've ever gotten over it. Imagine if there was a video of roethlisberger raping that girl. I'm not advocating the bills sign Ray rice because I think his better days are behind him. But it's not like he's Bill Cosby.

I agree with you that his career is over. As far as what he did, no one would be making such a fuss if not for the video. What did you think the video was going to show? He already admitted that he knocked out his wife. Everyone- including myself- has gotten over the Michael Vick thing and agreed that he paid his dues. Yet if there was a video showing him actually electrocuting dogs my guess is no one would've ever gotten over it. Imagine if there was a video of roethlisberger raping that girl. I'm not advocating the bills sign Ray rice because I think his better days are behind him. But it's not like he's Bill Cosby.

Oh, I absolutely agree that the video made it a billion times worse in the eyes of the court of public opinion, mainly through an irrational, emotional response.

He was 3.1 ypc last year which is bad but 4.4 the year before - not campaigning but not sure it's accurate

You're right, I should've said last year. Not digging in on this one!

Edited by FireChan

Actually with spiller likely gone, Fred getting old, and bryce not showing much....a back like rice would be perfect for us.

There as a lot of other quality RBs out there. Let's just get one of those. We didn't do too bad of a job acquiring them last summer.

I'd rather see Blount in a Bills suit than Rice.

First of all, Ray Rice would not be upgrade in ant way over the current crop of Bills backs—I know, a few may not be here, but he is juts not the good anymore. Second, I don't think that Terry or KIM Pegula will want that PR nightmare and side show as a part of the new-look Buffalo Bills. Who would?

I'm not sure about that statement. I would take Rice over Brown and Dixon in a second. CJ can never stay healthy, and hasn't shown he can make it through a full season as an every down back. I love Fred as much as we all do, but I think it's safe to say he's on the downside of his career, no matter how ageless he proves to be. Rice is still relatively young in that regard. A poster did mention that he's had 800 carries in two seasons, and THAT'S definitely something of concern, but I think he can still be productive in the NFL.

Football aside, watching the video is absolutely mind-blowing. To knock out your wife, girlfriend, female friend, heck female period like that is to me, inexcusable. I'm in no way perfect, but damn to see that is one of those things you just can't forget. And then to have complete disregard for her well-being afterward makes him even more of a complete d-bag. To me that is even more disturbing than the fact that he knocked her out!! Guys, can you imagine if that was YOUR sister, YOUR daughter? I couldn't believe my eyes.

I think that getting suspended for the season was appropriate. I do think he should be allowed to play in the NFL again, but I would not want him as a Bill, just for the simple fact I know what he did, and no matter what words his publicist types up for him, the bottom line is HE DID NOT CARE one bit for his wife's safety, and probably still doesn't. He's probably just mad that the video got aired. There are people that say, "oh he was forthcoming", but what choice did he have? He knew that he was on video and it was going to get out sooner than later.

And to think, people wanted to kill Mike Vick and publicly execute him for what he did to dogs. If he in fact did electrocute dogs, then that is pretty inhumane and effed up, but I don't think it even compares to seeing a guy straight Mayweather his girlfriend and then looks down at her limp, motionless body and doesn't even bat an eyelash.

Ray Rice will play for someone, he has plenty left in the tank. The 2013 Ravens had many issues on the offensive line, many changes were made from the 2013 lineup to the 2014 lineup. Plus Rice was playing at a heavier weight, which going into 2014 training camp he had lost and was in great condition. He made a serious mistake, admitted it and has been punished. Someone will give this talented player an opportunity to prove what he has left. Here are his career stats:

2013 660 3.1

2012 1,143 4.4

2011 1,364 4.7

2010 1,220 4.0

2009 1,339 5.3

2008 454 4.2

TOTAL 6,180 4.3

ehh. One made a mistake and has acknowledged it from the very outset and even his wife has supported him throughout and the other is as certain that he has the answers to all the riddles of the universe as he is that the sun will rise tomorrow. I can tell you which offends me more.

I'll just quote CS Lewis. "If you don't understand books written for adults, you should not be discussing them." Not sure how this became a religious discussion, but I find your comments very shallow and offensive. I also find it very hypocritical of someone who grew up in an area settled by Christian missionaries, who have done more for your way of life than you will ever fully contemplate, mock and demean the beliefs of 2 billion people to the level of a 6 year old child. You obviously do not understand the logical and fact based defense of Christianity, Nor do you, based on your idiotic statements, seem to have the intellectual capacity to have an intelligent conversation about it.

He's never going to play in the NFL again. One instance ruined his entire career. He's not good enough anymore for teams to bring on that type of distraction. Sort of like Incognito, he was never that great and had a career of being an idiot.

Adrian Peterson will probably have a bidding war.

He's never going to play in the NFL again. One instance ruined his entire career. He's not good enough anymore for teams to bring on that type of distraction. Sort of like Incognito, he was never that great and had a career of being an idiot.

Agree. AP will command a very handsome salary. Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Bills uni, although don't know if we're willing to pay as much as he thinks he should get.

Well said, that just feels like how this will play out. If Rice had 1,400 yards and 5 YPC last year it may look different.

Well said, that just feels like how this will play out. If Rice had 1,400 yards and 5 YPC last year it may look different.

i suppose the question will be if the GMs see that year as an outlier or his ceiling going forward. the 4 previous years he topped 1600 yards from scrimmage, twice crossing 2000 while averaging 10 tds a season. but we know RBs can hit the end suddenly too.

Edited by NoSaint

i suppose the question will be if the GMs see that year as an outlier or his ceiling going forward. the 4 previous years he topped 1600 yards from scrimmage, twice crossing 2000 while averaging 10 tds a season. but we know RBs can hit the end suddenly too.

It's a fair question but from watching him some (on last year's fantasy roster) he looked done. It looked like CJ2K. If Rice didn't have those issues I wouldn't be surprised to see a Raiders type of team give him a shot. The combination of the way that he looked and the video makes me think that it isn't likely he gets another shot.