Bills D rankings

PromoTheRobot

I want to see THIS defense against the top 3 QBs. I think this defense, with AW at safety and Bradham/Preston Brown will show differently against Pats.

And your wish will be answered soon as the Bills will play Manning, Rodgers and Brady in the final six weeks of the season.

Let's start with Cleveland. Nothing matters till we get through those guys.

BTW, our defensive coordinator is head coaching material. That may be why he stands out. He believes in himself.

Schwartz is the Josh McDaniels of Defensive Coordinators, bad head coach, but really understands his niche

If we don't make the playoffs and Marrone gets canned, I can easily see Schwartz becoming the HC. Question would be: Will he be able to bring in an experienced OC to run this offense. Of course, he needs some really good guards to get the running game going.

Ahhh.. if only the offence was a little bit better, this team would be a true contender.

This.

Wish Kyle was here for the offseason and started from the begining

And that's the sad part. An historically great defense wasted by an historically bad offense. Hopefully we can sign both Dareus and Hughes and keep the ball rolling. And lest we forget, the RETURN OF KIKOOOOOOOO!!!

With Pegula holding the purse strings losing good players should be a thing of the past

Wait til Schwartz gets "the legend of Kiko" back next year. He will be an awesome Wil LB. he's perfect for the role.

You know, depending on what happens with Hughes. I can see us keeping Spikes and using a 34 set up or a hybrid from time to time or using him in run situations. I just don't think any team is going to pay Spikes 3 down money. I would like to keep him. Kiko, Nigel and Preston are fast and nasty hitters.

I want to see THIS defense against the top 3 QBs. I think this defense, with AW at safety and Bradham/Preston Brown will show differently against Pats.

We've already seen this defense against Brady. The players showed up; Schwartz did not. Rushing three against Brady and covering Gronkowski with a second-string safety. THAT'S going to work.

Not trying to throw a wet blanket on this thread but these stats you speak of don't shed much light on reality.Every team has a different degree of difficulty in their schedule so obviously the stats don't tell much.When any team in the NFL plays the Jets twice ,it's gonna pad your stats big time and the Bills have had a fairly soft schedule so far.

Not trying to throw a wet blanket on this thread but these stats you speak of don't shed much light on reality.Every team has a different degree of difficulty in their schedule so obviously the stats don't tell much.When any team in the NFL plays the Jets twice ,it's gonna pad your stats big time and the Bills have had a fairly soft schedule so far.

'

Except that most of the Bills best defensive performances came against teams other than the Jets...Detroit, Minny, even KC.

Hmmmm. I think you might want to stat check your assertion about our schedule strength, because you are wrong.

Hmmmm. I think you might want to stat check your assertion about our schedule strength, because you are wrong.

He isn't wrong about the Jets but most division have their version of the Jets. Carolina and Jacksonville instantly come to mind...Oakland...etc....

He isn't wrong about the Jets but most division have their version of the Jets. Carolina and Jacksonville instantly come to mind...Oakland...etc....

No he isn't he is wrong about overall strength of schedule though. I believe it is ranked 7th toughest out of 32 so far.

So we have the best D-Line in football. Is what this really comes down too. We have kept the pressure on the QB we had last year but improved miles and beyond from what we did last year in Run D.

That being said, it is curious to see essentially a team that is a Polar Opposite of the Bledsoe Era team that was the only team in NFL history with a 3,000 yd passer, 2x 1000yd receivers, and a 1000 yd RB that didn't make the playoffs. I suppose the question for us if we don't make the Playoffs will be the What IF Orton had all training camp and had started and we let EJ learn from the the bench like originally intended.

Signing Hughs and Dareus is no problem. The NFLs Team Cap is raising 30 million over the next 3 years. We will have room. Also remember that the FItz contract will be completely gone (hit us for 7 million this year). I can honestly say something that worries me is who we will eventually have to put in to replace Kyle Williams. He can't be the ageless wonder forever.

For those that "don't want to burst our bubble" about how well we seem to think our D is he's something for you to think about.

We have NOT had the easiest nor by any means one of the easiest schedules of the NFL. Looking at our schedule it's easy to see that only 6 of our 16 games will end up being against teams that are NOT playoff caliber ( 2x games at the Jets) That would mean that 62% of our games will be against teams with winning records or at least even. You can say the Jets padded our stats..... but then why didn't every other team they faced get ~4 turnovers and ~7 sacks in there games?

Lets not forget that our O is , well probably right around the 20-25th in the league in terms of how it's played this year. So our D has had to be out there more than most of the other Top D. Think about it. Detroit, Miami, Denver, Seattle, San Diego, Arizona, all have Offences that stay on the field longer, put up more points and keep their D's fresh. Want even more proof our D is really good? If the Bills score 21 points in all of there games, and you adjust the opposing teams scores, we end up with a 10-1 record. 21 points, that's all we need to put up week in and week out to 100% in. You know what other team needed just that type of production? The 2000 Ravens. I know we aren't 10-1, and theory and number adjustments mean little to nothing, but Our D is literally the ONLY reason we are even in the hunt.

This D is special. I'm so excited to see what happens next year with players coming back, another draft, and a second year with the same scheme. That in mind if we can make the same offensive jump next year that we did this year, roughly 5-6 spots better, we will absolutely be in the playoffs no questions asked. We don't need a top 10 Offence. But a top 15-20 would probably be enough to make us serious contenders that are talked about every week.