Ferguson

TPS

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Of course............................. It's not all funny.

wNBRnjhM_normal.jpegMass State Police @MassStatePolice Follow

Protesters who blocked 93 in Milton prevented ambulance carrying crash victim w/life-threatening injuries from reaching level 1 trauma ctr.

wNBRnjhM_normal.jpegMass State Police @MassStatePolice Follow

Numerous other ambulances had to be on-scene while we cut protesters out of restraints. Meaning they were not available if needed elsewhere

#AccidentLivesDon'tMatter

And then the same people will turn around and B word about the quality of public services, that they can't even get burn victims to the ER in a timely fashion.

!@#$s.

I used to commute to Boston every day. It's absurd that more people don't die.

During rush hour, they open up the right-side break-down lane as an additional high speed lane on I-95.

You read that correctly.

During the time of day when the most people are entering and exiting the highway, they encourage those driving the fastest to occupy the same lane as those driving the slowest, who are attempting to merge onto the highway. This also means that there is no place for disabled vehicles to exit traffic safely, and no place for those drivers to go once they've exited. This leads to a situation where you have a mad bumper to bumper rush, alternating between 45 and 85 MPH, with ultra aggressive drivers weaving in and out of traffic.

It's insane.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

alternating between 45 and 85 MPH, with ultra aggressive drivers weaving in and out of traffic.

It's insane.

Like I said, Driving Miss Daisy meets Road Warrior.

With Bill Belichick as The Humungus, and Tom Brady as his B word.

I used to commute to Boston every day. It's absurd that more people don't die.

During rush hour, they open up the right-side break-down lane as an additional high speed lane on I-95.

You read that correctly.

During the time of day when the most people are entering and exiting the highway, they encourage those driving the fastest to occupy the same lane as those driving the slowest, who are attempting to merge onto the highway. This also means that there is no place for disabled vehicles to exit traffic safely, and no place for those drivers to go once they've exited. This leads to a situation where you have a mad bumper to bumper rush, alternating between 45 and 85 MPH, with ultra aggressive drivers weaving in and out of traffic.

It's insane.

My father-in-law worked for the highway department in NH and when my wife moved to Boston he told her that the breakdown lane is the worst possible place to go if your car breaks down. That says it all right there. The damn thing is called the break down lane, but if you actually break down, you don't want to be anywhere near it. I can't imagine anything that will spook out of state drivers more than the first time they encounter someone flying down that lane. I was lucky that I never had to use that road to get to work, but I don't even want to think about how much of a nightmare it is to exit or merge.

MORE ON THOSE INTERSTATE-BLOCKING PROTESTS IN BOSTON: Daughter is ‘livid’ after dad’s ambulance delayed.

We know who the protesters are. She should sue them, and the organizations that sponsored them.

She’ll get a sympathetic jury.

San Francisco's turn today

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/BART-girds-for-protest-at-Montgomery-Station-6020069.php

BART protest in San Francisco closes stations, limits service

By Hamed Aleaziz, Vivian Ho and Henry K. Lee

Edited by B-Man

No Civil Rights Charges against Wilson, but Ferguson PD Remains in Obama DOJ’s Crosshairs

by Andrew C. McCarthy

The New York Times reports that the Justice Department will not bring civil-rights charges against former police officer Darren Wilson in the shooting death of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo. The Gray Lady adds, however:

A broader civil rights investigation into allegations of discriminatory traffic stops and excessive force by the Ferguson Police Department remains open, however. That investigation could lead to significant changes at the department, which is overwhelmingly white despite serving a city that is mostly black.

National Review readers will not be surprised by any of this. In an August column, I explained why there was no conceivable civil-rights case against Wilson. Only racial profiling – i.e., the Justice Department’s presumption of guilt based on nothing more than that the police officer was white and the decedent black – could explain the pursuit of a federal civil-rights investigation (notwithstanding that Attorney General Holder portrays himself as a stalwart opponent of profiling).

{snip}

Of course, it had to have been no less obvious to the talented lawyers at the Justice Department than it was to me that there is no civil-rights case on the facts of the Ferguson shooting. So why pursue it as a civil-rights matter? Because, I argued in a subsequent column, the investigation of the controversial shooting is just a pretext.

It gives the Justice Department an ostensible justification to subject the entire police department to an investigation over its “patterns and practices.” Using a Clinton-era statute that lowers its burden of proof, and the staggering DOJ budget and resources that make it prohibitively expensive for states and municipalities to contest federal investigations and lawsuits, the Justice Department extorts the police departments into signing agreements to conduct policing in an Obama-compliant manner.

So it is in Ferguson. Phase One of this two-step is complete. Darren Wilson is off the hook . . . but the Ferguson Police Department waits for the other shoe to drop – and for crime to surge.