Ferguson

TPS

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

quite an echo chamber yall have going here. i suspect the racist jokes told by law enforcement in ferguson we're chortled at in a similar environment

Rather than suspect, why not take the time to find and then post the evidence here that supports your suspicion? Baring that, you can just continue to toss unsubstantiated verbal grenades and see what sticks to the wall; or better yet, since you're a troller of the first order, see what draws a number of responses.

ok, i'll play along again though i really can't believe y'all miss the common thread here. it's institutionalized racism, whether through generations in the precinct hall or via legacy pledges honoring minerva.

Rather than suspect, why not take the time to find and then post the evidence here that supports your suspicion? Baring that, you can just continue to toss unsubstantiated verbal grenades and see what sticks to the wall; or better yet, since you're a troller of the first order, see what draws a number of responses.

see the problem is that the gadfly issues that i bring up truly are topical to the threads and are subjects of national interest and concern. in this case as in many other, it involves the soiled soul of a significant part of american society. we can and should be better than this.

oh yeah, and it's "barring" if "we're" going to get nitpicky….sigh

forest, meet trees.

Edited by birdog1960

or........it's whats in the DOJ report.............

WASHINGTON EXAMINER: A lesson in Ferguson: Big government is not a victimless crime.

“This is a sad byproduct of the national trend toward excessive criminalization, egregious use of civil forfeiture and other practices that encourage police to harass citizens like Garner for trifling, victimless offenses. When a police force is used this way, it fosters distrust of law enforcement.”

Govt-Blames-Govt-copy.jpg,qresize=496,P2

or........it's whats in the DOJ report.............

WASHINGTON EXAMINER: A lesson in Ferguson: Big government is not a victimless crime.

“This is a sad byproduct of the national trend toward excessive criminalization, egregious use of civil forfeiture and other practices that encourage police to harass citizens like Garner for trifling, victimless offenses. When a police force is used this way, it fosters distrust of law enforcement.”

Govt-Blames-Govt-copy.jpg,qresize=496,P2

BS. this is first and foremost about racism. it's not about big gov't. here's a newsflash for you: self policing by armed citizenry leads to chaos and anarchy. we need police departments. ferguson and many other places just need better ones.

BS. this is first and foremost about racism. it's not about big gov't. here's a newsflash for you: self policing by armed citizenry leads to chaos and anarchy. we need police departments. ferguson and many other places just need better ones.

More government will solve the problems created by too much government!

Brilliant. <_<

Rudy needs to disappear himself like he disappeared the homeless in NYC.

Obama is also not addressing the “enormous amount of crime” that’s being committed by African-Americans, Giuliani said.

“I hate to mention it because of what happened afterwards, but (he should be saying) the kinds of stuff Bill Cosby used to say,” said Giuliani.

:doh:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/giuliani-blames-obama-mcdonald-fight-shootings-article-1.2146983

Edited by GreggyT

"Drink this. Don't worry, it safe." :huh:

:lol: :lol: It's amazing that he has the audacity to say something like that considering the shitburger he just ate after the whole 'Obama doesn't love America' gaffe. Seriously, it's time to retire from public life before he destroys his entire legacy... if he hasn't already.

:lol: :lol: It's amazing that he has the audacity to say something like that considering the shitburger he just ate after the whole 'Obama doesn't love America' gaffe. Seriously, it's time to retire from public life before he destroys his entire legacy... if he hasn't already.

I sometimes think the parties send out mouths with not much to lose (like Rudy) to deliver body blows to the other side. To be honest, I thought Rudy would have eaten a much bigger schitt burger than he ended up snacking on. Rudy's legacy remains in tact with the people he served at the time. Calling Obama a douchebag doesn't hurt him that much PLUS it riles up the red meat crowd.

I sometimes think the parties send out mouths with not much to lose (like Rudy) to deliver body blows to the other side. To be honest, I thought Rudy would have eaten a much bigger schitt burger than he ended up snacking on. Rudy's legacy remains in tact with the people he served at the time. Calling Obama a douchebag doesn't hurt him that much PLUS it riles up the red meat crowd.

No you're absolutely right in the sense that I think that's the strategy employed by both sides. Rudy knows he's not going to run for president or office again (probably) so he has nothing to lose being the body man. It's just... read the current events (Rudy's team not you).

Police have just announced an arrest in the shooting of two policemen last week.

They say that 20 year old Jeffrey Williams had argument with someone prior to shooting into the crowd and that person was intended target, not cops.

Mr. Williams has been arrested in the past for possession of stolen goods, and has been observed multiple times in the Ferguson protests

ok, i'll play along again though i really can't believe y'all miss the common thread here. it's institutionalized racism, whether through generations in the precinct hall or via legacy pledges honoring minerva.

see the problem is that the gadfly issues that i bring up truly are topical to the threads and are subjects of national interest and concern. in this case as in many other, it involves the soiled soul of a significant part of american society. we can and should be better than this.

oh yeah, and it's "barring" if "we're" going to get nitpicky….sigh

forest, meet trees.

Except if the point is that baring, i.e., uncovering, stripping, applies to one's inability to provide"evidence" thus leaving the argument uncovered, stripped, bare.

Except if the point is that baring, i.e., uncovering, stripping, applies to one's inability to provide"evidence" thus leaving the argument uncovered, stripped, bare.

"baring that"? what exactly. i think you,ve just invented your very own idiom. how nice.

but what's more interesting is that of all the points i made there, you choose to refute the most insignificant and small. not that the others are any more easily attacked...

Good, quick read here.

How the Media and Obama Made Ferguson Worse.

The circumstances under which Brown lost his life are both heartbreaking and tragic—but not in the manner implied by the president. Rather than waiting for local authorities to complete their investigation, the president took sides—particularly with the “his family will never hold Michael in their arms again” line. The implication here is that a white police gunned down a young black man in a manner that was irresponsible and opaque.

The narrative thus set, Al Sharpton and the media descended upon Ferguson alongside outside agitators who marched with such slogans as “No Justice, No Peace” or “Hands Up, Don’t Shoot.” More unrest would follow when the grand jury elected not to indict the officer for the tragic shooting. Riots and looting would ensue—with breathless coverage in the media and little from the President of the United States and the Attorney General to quell the violence.

The promised civil rights investigation by the Department of Justice was delivered on March 4, 2015. While the DOJ cited specific incidents of racism in the Ferguson police department leading to the resignation of the Mayor and the Chief of Police, the federal government substantiated the fact that Wilson’s shooting of Brown wasn’t motivated by race. The same Department of Justice that went into Ferguson to determine whether Michael Brown’s civil rights were violated left having concluded that Wilson’s shooting was deemed justified in light of the facts. I must give Holder’s Justice Department credit for this impartial finding. But I’m saddened that it was a finding that neither the president nor the media were interested in learning in the first place. The “America is racist” narrative was broadcast endlessly, and our president did nothing to stop it.

ok, i'll play along. sae was considered one of the high falutin frats where i went to school. no idea why: http://www.slate.com/articles/life/inside_higher_ed/2015/03/behind_the_chant_discrimination_at_oklahoma_s_sae_chapter_goes_deeper_than.html

Phi Alpha dude. You went somewhere where the frats were considered 'high falutin'?? At my school they were the main source of the on-campus partying.

Naturally, Pavlovian idiots who look for the next reason to be 'offended' are all fired up about a couple drunk kids shouting something off-color. Now we have headlines on OSU's "problem culture", and how rampant racism exists at every fraternity in the country, and idiots writing ominously about how "the problem goes deeper". Naturally, you lap up this nonsense without hesitation.

I wonder how we'd all fare if we had to roll back the clock to the most nasty, offensive thing we ever said in semi-private while in college and been made a national spectacle for it.

Phi Alpha dude. You went somewhere where the frats were considered 'high falutin'?? At my school they were the main source of the on-campus partying.

Naturally, Pavlovian idiots who look for the next reason to be 'offended' are all fired up about a couple drunk kids shouting something off-color. Now we have headlines on OSU's "problem culture", and how rampant racism exists at every fraternity in the country, and idiots writing ominously about how "the problem goes deeper". Naturally, you lap up this nonsense without hesitation.

I wonder how we'd all fare if we had to roll back the clock to the most nasty, offensive thing we ever said in semi-private while in college and been made a national spectacle for it.

ATO, dude. there was/is a hierarchy among frats at different schools. i suspect you are well aware of this. SAE was reputed as being monied. ATO, not so much. Phi alpha -isn't that the one that has the infamous "liqour in the front, poker in the rear" party?

c'mon it's multi generational racism at work here. it's carefully cultivated and passed on. and it's present in many surprising factions of american society.

ATO, dude. there was/is a hierarchy among frats at different schools. i suspect you are well aware of this. SAE was reputed as being monied. ATO, not so much. Phi alpha -isn't that the one that has the infamous "liqour in the front, poker in the rear" party?

c'mon it's multi generational racism at work here. it's carefully cultivated and passed on. and it's present in many surprising factions of american society.

Bullsh--. The engineers had a frat, the stoners had a frat, the rich guys had a frat, the Jewish guys had a frat, the football team had a frat, and the black guys had a frat. When I was in SAE we were called (by at least one person) the preppy coke frat. Although we also had more guys from the rugby club than anywhere else so who knows how accurate that was. Some frats got along with others, some didn't. Some guys within the frat got along with others, some didn't. Just like in life.

Humans are social animals and tend to freely socialize with those they have the most in common. A frat has no black guys doesn't equal "multi generational racism". Carefully cultivated?!? Where do get this nonsense?

p.s. and we had the infamous 'Boxer Shorts' party the semester my friend Mike recruited about hundred freshman to be 'Little Sisters'. Oh my.

my fav greek party was a sorority weekend at skidmore called "kamonawannalaya". no racism. not even sexism. pretty sure they invited girls too.

while we're off topic, how can i get from newark airport to a wedding in norwalk and back? i can't find a good way other than renting a car a schlepping across the george washington bridge for 1.5 hour drive. is that correct?

Check out CT Limo.....scheduled group service in hideously ugly, painted limos with drop off points throughout Fairfield County (including Norwalk). We used to take it all the time years ago; pretty reasonable.

Otherwise, yeah it's pretty much renting a car and shooting up I-95. If the bridge is really bad you can go the long way around via Tappen Zee Bridge.

Edited by KD in CT