Johnny Manziel involved in massive fight Friday night

YoloinOhio

Agreed....

I am also of the opinion though that he can't play. His "highlights" from college are improv plays to Mike Evans mostly. He'll come in and look good for a quarter or 2 until D's adjust. Kinda like when Vick came in off the bench.

I can't write him off like that because he's definitely might have some of that "Roger Staubach" flare to his game. I'm just concerned about his never ending drama and the coming "train wreck" the media will be looking for and probably get. Because I don't see NFL players keeping their mouths shut on any NFL team he starts for other than the Pats. I think that there will be a daily soap opera drama awaiting the team that picks him as their starting QB. Think the "Bickering Bills" times a thousand given twitter, TMZ, 24/7 sports networks, 24/7 radio, ect...

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't write him off like that because he's definitely might have some of that "Roger Staubach" flare to his game. I'm just concerned about his never ending drama and the coming "train wreck" the media will be looking for and probably get. Because I don't see NFL players keeping their mouths shut on any NFL team he starts for other than the Pats. I think that there will be a daily soap opera drama awaiting the team that picks him as their starting QB. Think the "Bickering Bills" times a thousand given twitter, TMZ, 24/7 sports networks, 24/7 radio, ect...

Yup, Like Flutie on Steroids

I think you're right in general, but do you know many people that have "turned it around" to do a job that only about 15 people in the world can do well? I think that pretty much takes a special person from the start.

Wait.....what!? There's only been 15 people who have played "well" as a QB in the NFL? I beg to differ.

Manziel is a major d-bag, and I'm not surprised that his entitled little self behaves poorly. I'm glad such a douchie isn't on the Bills. I give him 2 years in the league, maybe more if he doesn't get on the field.

I think he's speaking in current terms. I have my list of 19, but that's opinion-based.

i normally come out in the high teens for the guys that are definite starters, then you get a few savvy vets, a few promising young guys that are ultimately question marks and round it out with a few that have no business.

Bandit, you are probably much younger than me, but Joe Namath and Kenny Stabler (Crimson Tide QBs) were party animals. They both played for Bear Bryant who pretty much had them under control but when they made the big leagues, they really let loose. It still happens at Bama with Saban at times.

Stabler wasn't as talented as Namath but he threw darts, and he played behind what I think was the best OL in the history of football (yes, I focused on blocking even in those days :). Also, many of the players on that Raider team were psychotics, crazier than him.

Both of these guys were truly great and would have had longer careers if they had taken care of themselves

NFL.com says his bodyguard got into with a stranger who approached JF. We don't know if he was acting in a threatening or unusual way, or if the bodyguard over reacted. Either way hard to pin this on JF

its easy to write it to be however you want it. the real problem here is he has burned through a lot of his free passes and for things being coincidences and misunderstandings. even if this one wasnt on him, its harder and harder to say nothing was his fault as the list grows.

its easy to write it to be however you want it. the real problem here is he has burned through a lot of his free passes and for things being coincidences and misunderstandings. even if this one wasnt on him, its harder and harder to say nothing was his fault as the list grows.

its largely a media creation, many other players put under the same scrutiny would have similar "question marks". and it seems like it's the same little cadre of posters that want to keep after the guy

Kevin Sumlin's offense

2 top 5 draft pick OTs

6'5" top 10 wr who is dominating the NFL

Undersized guy who has to play outdoors in Cleveland who thinks he is a superstar and takes selfies. This dude has bust all over him.

Um, this is a Bills' board. But I can't stand guys like you and Buffalo Barbarian bury EJ and pick guys like Johnny, Bortles, and Mallett when they are probably worse than EJ.

They'd want to trade for Johnny Manziel but don't want to draft Jameis Winston, who's probably a better QB than Johnny, because he's a thug

its largely a media creation, many other players put under the same scrutiny would have similar "question marks". and it seems like it's the same little cadre of posters that want to keep after the guy

one might argue its the same 3 posters that defend him no matter what the report.