Johnny Manziel involved in massive fight Friday night

YoloinOhio

its easy to write it to be however you want it. the real problem here is he has burned through a lot of his free passes and for things being coincidences and misunderstandings. even if this one wasnt on him, its harder and harder to say nothing was his fault as the list grows.

Thankfully,it appears a lot of posters on this board spent/spend their free time in a church. And by default completely abandoned any youthful discretions. Luckily, rock bands or Defensive tackles are not judged by the same snotty opinions by their fans.

But good reason for Moms too discuss at Bingo this week that horrible Manziel kid.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was provoked by a "fan" who doesn't sound like the most upstanding citizen himself, reportedly. But this is why teams don't want guys out downtown at 2:30am, 36 hours before a game.

This is more the issue.

Boys will be boys. sure but this aint that.

The Kid has full time job. doesn't seem to have a handle on that yet.

Ha ha, I hear you. I have no idea if he will work out or not. I have a feeling that he could be really good or ruin your franchise. There is no chance IMO that JF is a decent NFL QB. He will never, ever, ever be Andy Dalton.

I've seen a ton of him as a player and even after all the controversy he played even better in his last year as a starter. He was great and big games as well. With that being said he is an idiot. He's not an idiot in the lazy send either. He's an idiot in an entitled, selfish TO of 10 years ago kind of way.

Good analogy

That's patently not true.

I don't think you are in any position to have an opinion.

You dont know him like We do.

You can't defend yourself from battery? Since when?

Anyway, I get what you're saying, but Manziel wouldn't even be a blip in the media 20 years ago. Sure he could tone it down, but I don't see the big deal.

The report on Deadspin now says that the guy tried to grab Johnny, and got punched a buddy in Johnny's crew. Then, the hugger's brother came through and tackled Johnny, and Johnny punched him. The "victim" and his brother were also charged with tax evasion last year.

and why the heck does the Tax invasion have anything whatsoever to do with the incident.

Talk about spin!!

So many people absolutely hate Johnny Football. Not because of his ability or lack thereof, but just hate him as a person. That's pretty incredible.

Isn't that why you should dislike someone? He acts like a little douche-bag and people dislike him. Go figure.

Isn't that why you should dislike someone? He acts like a little douche-bag and people dislike him. Go figure.

Yes, I believe many well-balanced individuals read a few ESPN articles to make their judgment on the character of someone they've never met.

and why the heck does the Tax invasion have anything whatsoever to do with the incident.

Talk about spin!!

Uh, it calls into question their integrity?

You can't defend yourself from battery? Since when?

Anyway, I get what you're saying, but Manziel wouldn't even be a blip in the media 20 years ago. Sure he could tone it down, but I don't see the big deal.

The report on Deadspin now says that the guy tried to grab Johnny, and got punched a buddy in Johnny's crew. Then, the hugger's brother came through and tackled Johnny, and Johnny punched him. The "victim" and his brother were also charged with tax evasion last year.

Did I ever suggest one can't defend themselves from battery? I believe I more or less explicitly said you can do that. But what constitutes battery? Have you ever had someone touch you in a bar to get your attention? Maybe grab you, lightly, as you walk by? Do you, or one of your friends, immediately react with a punch? I'd hope not. I certainly don't. Now imagine you are a celebrity where than sort of thing is more or less commonplace. Sorry, battery involves far more than touching. It should FEEL threatening.

And yes he could tone it down. My argument is, if he wants to be a leader on his team, and make his case to the owner that he isn't a POS punk, he SHOULD tone it down. He seems to have no interest.

I do find it interesting his group is referred to as an "entourage". And many here are jumping on that label. I take a more reasoned approach, I think. I know there are several definitions of that term. But I believe most of us know the difference between a group of friends and an "entourage" or a "posse". If you refer to your group as "My crew" or "My boys" it's probably an entourage. If you have a guy you refer to as "Petey B, he's my sneaker guy" or "Big Sally is the guy who screens my bitches" it's probably an entourage,. If you say things like. "I'm here with Johhny" or "we're part of Johhny's crew" you are probably part of an entourage. Does the guy bring the same gang to meetings, dinner, shopping? Are they all on his payroll? If so, I'm guessing they are a posse/entourage. Friends don't really act that way, or refer to each other that way. I can't say for sure if these guys are friends or an entourage, but I'm sure if I observed their behavior over a short period of time, I could make that call.

Did I ever suggest one can't defend themselves from battery? I believe I more or less explicitly said you can do that. But what constitutes battery? Have you ever had someone touch you in a bar to get your attention? Maybe grab you, lightly, as you walk by? Do you, or one of your friends, immediately react with a punch? I'd hope not. I certainly don't. Now imagine you are a celebrity where than sort of thing is more or less commonplace. Sorry, battery involves far more than touching. It should FEEL threatening.

And yes he could tone it down. My argument is, if he wants to be a leader on his team, and make his case to the owner that he isn't a POS punk, he SHOULD tone it down. He seems to have no interest.

I do find it interesting his group is referred to as an "entourage". And many here are jumping on that label. I take a more reasoned approach, I think. I know there are several definitions of that term. But I believe most of us know the difference between a group of friends and an "entourage" or a "posse". If you refer to your group as "My crew" or "My boys" it's probably an entourage. If you have a guy you refer to as "Petey B, he's my sneaker guy" or "Big Sally is the guy who screens my bitches" it's probably an entourage,. If you say things like. "I'm here with Johhny" or "we're part of Johhny's crew" you are probably part of an entourage. Does the guy bring the same gang to meetings, dinner, shopping? Are they all on his payroll? If so, I'm guessing they are a posse/entourage. Friends don't really act that way, or refer to each other that way. I can't say for sure if these guys are friends or an entourage, but I'm sure if I observed their behavior over a short period of time, I could make that call.

Going in for a bear hug without the consent of the celebrity, who has to deal with death threats/stalkers and other things of that nature constantly? I think you can make the argument that a shoving back or something like that isn't out of the question. Maybe not as severe as a punch, but close.

Sure, he should probably tone it down. He does seem to grab headlines. I'm sure the Browns want him on house arrest after giving him a couple million.

I don't know if it's his entourage or his friends. You have to figure a couple of them are actually his friends, at least, that's what I figured. Not paid stand-ins for friends.

Going in for a bear hug without the consent of the celebrity, who has to deal with death threats/stalkers and other things of that nature constantly? I think you can make the argument that a shoving back or something like that isn't out of the question. Maybe not as severe as a punch, but close.

Sure, he should probably tone it down. He does seem to grab headlines. I'm sure the Browns want him on house arrest after giving him a couple million.

I don't know if it's his entourage or his friends. You have to figure a couple of them are actually his friends, at least, that's what I figured. Not paid stand-ins for friends.

Well his brother is there, so I think that is legit.

I still believe the guy riding the wave, and profiting from, the celebrity status he has, needs to be able to take more than you or I in public. And I have NEVER considered hitting a guy who tried to hug me, and neither have any of my friends. He should expect that. At least guys like Frank Sinatra had their own private rooms and entrances so they didn't have to deal with that. The guy was a fan, for Christ's sake.

The bottom line for me is, if he wants to be The Guy in Cleveland, he needs to calm down on the public partying. He has proven he doesn't have the intelligence/discipline/ability to avoid trouble when he is out on the town.

Well his brother is there, so I think that is legit.

I still believe the guy riding the wave, and profiting from, the celebrity status he has, needs to be able to take more than you or I in public. And I have NEVER considered hitting a guy who tried to hug me, and neither have any of my friends. He should expect that. At least guys like Frank Sinatra had their own private rooms and entrances so they didn't have to deal with that. The guy was a fan, for Christ's sake.

The bottom line for me is, if he wants to be The Guy in Cleveland, he needs to calm down on the public partying. He has proven he doesn't have the intelligence/discipline/ability to avoid trouble when he is out on the town.

In reality, you can honestly take it either way. You can see he needs to be okay with fans coming up to him and touching him, sure. But isn't he at more risk? A stranger grabs me, I'm not too worried for my personal safety, but Johnny Football has a much better chance of getting stabbed by a random crazy Alabama fan, no?

Thankfully,it appears a lot of posters on this board spent/spend their free time in a church. And by default completely abandoned any youthful discretions. Luckily, rock bands or Defensive tackles are not judged by the same snotty opinions by their fans.

But good reason for Moms too discuss at Bingo this week that horrible Manziel kid.

Exactly. When I was his age getting in a scuffle was no big deal. If no one ended up in the hospital or in jail it was a good night. I don't know what it was like for those who spent Friday night at choir practice.