IF Game is Monday, will it be televised nationally? (update: On DTV)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna say if it's not televised on DTV then I should get a full refund for the Sunday Ticket. They say every out of market game will be televised.....Don't know exactly how that will work since I got it free again this year, but I'll give it a shot if they screw us.

You usually cannot listen to it on WGR app either. I wonder if that could possibly be lifted for this special circumstance.

I can listen to the game every week on WGR online (not the app) up here in VT.

I have the Sunday Ticket package too - this will totally suck if game isn't shown. I was thinking maybe NFLN would pick it up. Might be Sirius or WGR for me I guess. Wack.

I can listen to the game every week on WGR online (not the app) up here in VT.

I have the Sunday Ticket package too - this will totally suck if game isn't shown. I was thinking maybe NFLN would pick it up. Might be Sirius or WGR for me I guess. Wack.

ok, I didn't know you could listen online via the WGR site. Cool. Still hoping for DirecTV.

I'm gonna say if it's not televised on DTV then I should get a full refund for the Sunday Ticket. They say every out of market game will be televised.....Don't know exactly how that will work since I got it free again this year, but I'll give it a shot if they screw us.

we can all call and badger them tomorrow. I don't know why they would have a problem showing it anyway. Because it is up against MNF? The NFL should just do the right thing. This is out of everyone's control.

ok, I didn't know you could listen online via the WGR site. Cool. Still hoping for DirecTV.

we can all call and badger them tomorrow. I don't know why they would have a problem showing it anyway. Because it is up against MNF? The NFL should just do the right thing. This is out of everyone's control.

Like I said, if espn purchased the exclusive rights to the time slot- it might not be just the nfl making the call. Espn likely has to consent, and would likely want compensation. That it's not out of the question right now likely means terms are loosely in place or atleast nearing. ESPN wouldn't want to look bad either.

Me too on the DVT!

The Monday thing is probably contractual - ESPN probably has the exclusive rights to MNF which might block DTV from showing a CBS broadcast "nationally". EDIT: See, like he^ posted while I was typing away and watching the Raiders TD!

All I know is it's stupid if I can't watch the game :D

Edited by Heitz

Like I said, if espn purchased the exclusive rights to the time slot- it might not be just the nfl making the call. Espn likely has to consent, and would likely want compensation. That it's not out of the question right now likely means terms are loosely in place or atleast nearing. ESPN wouldn't want to look bad either.

For ESPN to carry the game on ESPN2, for example, a deal would have to be made with CBS--and a blackout applied to ESPN2 in the Buffalo and NYC markets. If the NFL lets DTV a (likely much smaller) deal would have to be made with ESPN. (I'm guessing on the size of the deals here. )

Or NFL.com could make the game available online with an extremely small deal.

I'm just speculating here---but I do have a background in this stuff.

ESPN

A deal could easily be made here. DTV would be a non-issue in NYC, as the game is already on the CBS affiliate there. In fact, this might negate ESPN's exclusive deal, to some degree, as the NFL must have some sort of emergency out to let the NYC and BUF CBS affiliatea carry the game. But even so, I can see some compensation thrown their way.

I'm good with watching it on NFL.com if I have to. Still total BS that it's not part of the ticket. I'm done talking about until tomorrow. Good night all. Stay safe and warm up there.

Good advice and I'm doing the same. Just some food for thought here.

The NFL, CBS, FOX, NBC the NFL Network and DTV are in a complex arrangement for the rights to show games. Since, due to various acts of nature and man, games get moved from time to time, it would be very impracticable for one party to not allow an accommodation (for a modest financial settlement) because they might be the party trying to get something done the next time. If Comcast was involved I'd be a bit concerned because they are a vile company that doesn't understand compromise. But for the most part, the other companies, as bad as they are, understand business and compromise. I'd be surprised is something isn't worked out.

For ESPN to carry the game on ESPN2, for example, a deal would have to be made with CBS--and a blackout applied to ESPN2 in the Buffalo and NYC markets. If the NFL lets DTV a (likely much smaller) deal would have to be made with ESPN. (I'm guessing on the size of the deals here. )

Or NFL.com could make the game available online with an extremely small deal.

I'm just speculating here---but I do have a background in this stuff.

Definitely a few options, but will take some time. How espn sold its ad time will also be a factor in logistics. If betting I'd say it shows in some restricted subscription package like Sunday ticket, and espn profits nicely

Good advice and I'm doing the same. Just some food for thought here.

The NFL, CBS, FOX, NBC the NFL Network and DTV are in a complex arrangement for the rights to show games. Since, due to various acts of nature and man, games get moved from time to time, it would be very impracticable for one party to not allow an accommodation (for a modest financial settlement) because they might be the party trying to get something done the next time. If Comcast was involved I'd be a bit concerned because they are a vile company that doesn't understand compromise. But for the most part, the other companies, as bad as they are, understand business and compromise. I'd be surprised is something isn't worked out.

Agreed. And I doubt the world wide leader in sports wants to be the bad guy. Especially when they rely on the nfl for much access. A lot of moving pieces but a lot of shared interests at the end of the day

eff all their rights and bs, like anyone will be impacted or liable by any measly amount if espn had to divy a small portion of thier viewing audience to oot bills / jets fans. greedy prics can kma. oot jets fans will be pissed off too which can help the cause.

eff all their rights and bs, like anyone will be impacted or liable by any measly amount if espn had to divy a small portion of thier viewing audience to oot bills / jets fans. greedy prics can kma. oot jets fans will be pissed off too which can help the cause.

The last extension was 8 seasons for approx 15 billion with some extras in there but.... When saying measly think about that. Gruden alone will be making like 250k Monday