Global warming err Climate change HOAX

43 minutes ago, ALF said:

Global warming is real as per the world , not Trump followers

Can you claim the majority in the US and world don't believe in global warming  ?

ALF, I love ya, but you're hitting this from the wrong angle. No one denies it's real -- they argue over the cause (which is a waste of time in my opinion) and how best to move forward with the knowledge that the climate is changing (the real issue). Not a single serious person in 207 pages in this thread has said it's not real. Not one.

So why are you ignoring actual responses to you and ranting instead? If it's just to make yourself feel better, have at it. But if you want to have a real discussion on the issue instead of pointing fingers, there are conversations to be had :beer: 

• Like (+1) 2

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, ALF said:

Global warming is real as per the world , not Trump followers

Can you claim the majority in the US and world don't believe in global warming  ?

I think it’s safe to say the majority of the US and the world thinks McDonalds is great food  

Let me ask you. What is the majority of the US and the world’s expertise in climatology that makes them right and us wrong?  As has been pointed out the planet’s climate has changed many many times before humans occupied this planet. Why is it us this time?  

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ALF said:

Very simple question , is the rest of the world wrong on global warming ?

Alf the rest of the world is wrong about solving it. The climate changes constantly and if you are older than me- I am over 40- then you have been lied to enough that times you should question the reason. I have been warned of the ozone layer, rising oceans, acid rain, hurricanes every week, oil running out, and all of these were warned a long time ago and each has been proven to be wrong and believed only by the stupid. Lastly your characterization of a few million people as "the rest of the world" is so sad since you basically say you do not care about anybody who is not European since no other continent had real protests.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The protests are the logical outcome of years indoctrination into this new age woke religion. We’ve read about it before through the years, and next will come death, confiscation of land/property, and needless destruction all justified in the name of the ‘faith’. Unfortunately this appears to be the normal order of our species. (It’s one of the drawbacks of being at the top of the food chain for thousands of years.) Centuries from now humans will look back on this time and shake their heads and the self inflicted pain and waste.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, KD in CA said:

The protest just went past my window here on Market Street in the heartland of 'progressive' thought.

Anyone want to throw out guesses as to how many discarded protest signs I'll see on the ground walking 3/4 mile back to the Ferry Building this afternoon?

Should cover all the s**t on the street.

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

I was 13  when they had the first Earth Day back in 1970. Isn't buy the BS then. Saw it for what it was, a chance to get out of school work.

I was 9 and thought it was awesome as well because it got us outside. And the flag was pretty cool because it was our school colors. 

BCFD65CE-B141-4C45-804F-9C014F6E9A8A.png

Just now, ALF said:

I do respect your knowledge , but agree to disagree sometimes. 

No, you don't, and you agree to be wrong. 

You realize you haven't said a single substantive thing on the subject of this thread, right?  Just "I listen to experts."  Except you don't...you listen to reporters talking about experts.  Have you even read Hansen's original 1988 paper?

56 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Can someone ask this question?  "Please explain how plastic straw bans disproportionately affect poor and disabled people?  I would love to hear she/her/hers response to that. 

Also if you have to read that statement from your phone you are nowhere near ready for prime time.