Global warming err Climate change HOAX

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

The protest just went past my window here on Market Street in the heartland of 'progressive' thought.

Anyone want to throw out guesses as to how many discarded protest signs I'll see on the ground walking 3/4 mile back to the Ferry Building this afternoon?

dozens? many dozens?

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, ALF said:

Is the rest of the world wrong on global warming and only Trump is right  ?

Right/wrong about what exactly?

The phrase most often repeated is 'stop climate change', so how exactly are we supposed to accomplish that ('stop' what has been happening naturally for the last 4.5 billion years)?  Also, please explain how anything the left wing is suggesting accomplishes that goal.  Thanks

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Right/wrong about what exactly?

The phrase most often repeated is 'stop climate change', so how exactly are we supposed to accomplish that ('stop' what has been happening naturally for the last 4.5 billion years)?  Also, please explain how anything the left wing is suggesting accomplishes that goal.  Thanks

So you are saying the rest of the world is wrong ? Thanks

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Wrong about what specifically?

I can't speak for anyone but myself, and I don't think there's any debate that the climate is changing. And personally, the consternation as to the cause is largely a sideshow to the real issues we should be focused on when it comes to the environment/climate change. So, for me, the question is what do we do about climate change to better both our present and future. There will be problems we will have to solve, undeniably, and even if we disagree as to the severity of those problems or their timetable, I think the best chance we have to find solutions lies in our ability to innovate and make technological advancements. 

That being the case, the last thing I want to do in the name of combating Climate Change is to bet on the government to solve the problem. The last thing I want to do is make it harder for companies and individuals to tackle the problem through innovation. The debate (for me) isn't about what's real and what isn't, it's about being honest about who gives us the best chance as a species to problem solve.

And I think most people would agree that the government in reality does not problem solve very well -- and even if they do, they do not do so expediently or cheaply. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino

11 minutes ago, ALF said:

So you are saying the rest of the world is wrong ? Thanks

Well....I'm saying the thousands of people who marched past my window today are morons.  Apparently so are you since you can't answer my straight forward question after initiate the conversation.

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Wrong about what specifically?

I can't speak for anyone but myself, and I don't think there's any debate that the climate is changing. And personally, the consternation as to the cause is largely a sideshow to the real issues we should be focused on when it comes to the environment/climate change. So, for me, the question is what do we do about climate change to better both our present and future. There will be problems we will have to solve, undeniably, and even if we disagree as to the severity of those problems or their timetable, I think the best chance we have to find solutions lies in our ability to innovate and make technological advancements. 

That being the case, the last thing I want to do in the name of combating Climate Change is to bet on the government to solve the problem. The last thing I want to do is make it harder for companies and individuals to tackle the problem through innovation. The debate (for me) isn't about what's real and what isn't, it's about being honest about who gives us the best chance as a species to problem solve.

And I think most people would agree that the government in reality does not problem solve very well -- and even if they do, they do not do so expediently or cheaply. 

Yup.  Of course the climate is changing....that's one of the features of this planet.  Humans can't 'stop' or 'reverse' the changing climate -- to believe so shows the ultimate combination of hurbris and stupidity.   That doesn't mean we shouldn't take better care of the planet.  Getting a single use plastic bag every time I bought a tube of toothpaste at CVS pissed me off long before CA started banning them, so I don't have a problem with reasonable restrictions like that.  We should also have also mandated solar in new construction, outlawed Styrofoam, and done a hundred other things decades ago to protect the planet.

But since all the left has to offer are morons blathering about 'climate justice' and banning capitalism, I will be forced to conclude there is no serious attempt to improve the environment from any politicians and so that will no longer be one of the things I consider when voting for a candidate.

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Because it's a purely binary question of right and wrong between Donald Trump and the rest of the world.  

You're an idiot, asking an idiot's question.

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Because it's a purely binary question of right and wrong between Donald Trump and the rest of the world.  

Very simple question , is the rest of the world wrong on global warming ?

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

So the rest of the world considers you a joke ?

25 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I don't understand.  Please explain this.

Global warming is real as per the world , not Trump followers

Can you claim the majority in the US and world don't believe in global warming  ?

Edited by ALF