Global warming err Climate change HOAX

SNOWFALLS ARE NOW JUST A THING OF THE PAST: 

Polar bear expert purged.

“Global warming campaigners have done an effective job at convincing the media and much of the world that polar bears are dying out. It’s not true. In fact, thanks to a hunting ban, polar bears are a major conservation success story.  Their population ballooned from around 5,000 in the 1960s to (depending on whose estimate) from 22,000 to over 30,000 today.  Today the North is loaded with fat, happy, fecund bears (sorry seals). It appears that telling the truth about polar bears made Dr. Susan Crockford, a respected, published Canadian zoologist, the victim of an ideological purge.  First she was removed from the University of Victoria’s speakers bureau, and then not renewed to her position as an adjunct professor.

(Classical reference in headline.)

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I originally posted this in another thread but this thread is more appropriate for it. It started out as a response to Exhiled The Flip Flopper.

It is amazing to me that a person could come out and say that they don't agree with the Left's environmental policies but they will go along with them because they are a Leftist. That approach simply denies reality. It is/was the same approach used with getting the ACA rammed through Congress. The ACA could never work because it was inherently flawed. It ignored the Law of Large Numbers which is the whole basis of how insurance works. On top of that, the people charged with implementing it were flat out incompetent and married to ideas that might make a person feel good but weren't based on logic.

To me, as a classical environmentalist I'm all for clean air, water and ground. Our money should be spent on practical solutions, not what makes a person feel good. The Left is so convinced that they have the only path to saving the planet based on what? Are their policies based on any practical solutions? Does eliminating cows and airplanes do anything for improving the environment or our lives? We have, over the last couple of decades perfected the process of fracking to the point that over that time we have reduced our carbon emissions here in the USA by about 20%. It was accomplished by tapping into our vast natural gas deposits and using that natural gas to replace the dirty coal fired plants producing electricity. We've also converted many vehicles (mainly fleet) to natural gas which is somewhat cleaner than gasoline.

We'll eventually find or improve cleaner forces of energy than what we have now. In the meantime we have a relatively clean fuel in the type of quantity that we can actually export to other countries and improve their environment. Leftists like AOC and Elizabeth Warren want to hinder our ability to access and transport our cleaner energy. Vast amounts of other Leftists have signed on to these policies. They ignore reality and promote their fairy tales read to you by scientists such as a former bartender and a Harvard professor who was an accomplished linguist and who could speak with a forked tongue. Elizabeth Warren stated unequivocally that on her first day in office as president she would ban all fracking.

California is the 5th largest economy in the world. So large that it offers a realistic example of what happens to a state that has become the petri dish for Leftists policies. They have based their policies on misguided pie in the sky ideas that have no practical purpose but act as endorphins to the easily fooled and sculpted Leftists. California gas prices are about $2 higher per gallon than prices in the Midwest. They have their own specific formula that other states don't have. That coupled with their high taxes on gasoline and their moratorium on pipelines have made their state less competitive to other states, and more expensive to live in. They are now cutting off electricity to certain areas during fire season. Why? Because the Leftists protestors convinced local municipalities that trimming tree branches around electrical lines was not environmentally friendly. Oh, and let's not forget that clearing deadfall and brush in forested areas took a back seat to building a railroad from nowhere to nowhere. They chose the Delta Smelt over irrigating the San Juaquin Valley during severe drought. You know, one of our country's major bread baskets. Their policies allow for rampant homelessness that is bringing back medieval diseases along with feeding rats and spreading the stench of despair throughout their communities. California, America's Petri Dish brought to you by the Wishful Left.

36 minutes ago, Foxx said:

prove it.

Why?  I don't have the ethos to prove it to you.  I'm not a scientist. 

That chart is one small piece of the puzzle, but it's otherwise already been proven already by actual science. There's vast scientific consensus that Climate Change is real and that man has had a large impact on it.

Aside from science, it's just logical when you look at how drastically we've changed the world in the last 150 years.

The fact that this thread is 216 pages is just silly.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

25 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Why?  I don't have the ethos to prove it to you.  I'm not a scientist. 

*Makes a claim*

"Prove it!"

"Why?  I'm not a scientist, so I can just parrot any bull#### I please, and don't have to discuss it."

And you claim to be a teacher?  You ***** idiot.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 10/21/2019 at 6:11 PM, B-Man said:

SNOWFALLS ARE NOW JUST A THING OF THE PAST: 

Polar bear expert purged.

“Global warming campaigners have done an effective job at convincing the media and much of the world that polar bears are dying out. It’s not true. In fact, thanks to a hunting ban, polar bears are a major conservation success story.  Their population ballooned from around 5,000 in the 1960s to (depending on whose estimate) from 22,000 to over 30,000 today.  Today the North is loaded with fat, happy, fecund bears (sorry seals). It appears that telling the truth about polar bears made Dr. Susan Crockford, a respected, published Canadian zoologist, the victim of an ideological purge.  First she was removed from the University of Victoria’s speakers bureau, and then not renewed to her position as an adjunct professor.

(Classical reference in headline.)

...LMAO.....so why the eff do we in Roch-Cha-Cha STILL get our average 110 inches annually?...

7 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Girodao Bruno was burned at the stake in Rome for teaching good science in 1600. Any doubt which side he would be on in this fight to save the planet? 

He was a victim of global warming 

• Haha (+1) 1