Global warming err Climate change HOAX

3 hours ago, ALF said:

11,000 scientists warn of 'untold suffering' caused by climate change

It's not the first time thousands of academics united to urge people to take action on climate change. More than 16,000 scientists from 184 countries published a letter in 2017, warning that "human beings and the natural world are on a collision course."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/05/world/climate-emergency-scientists-warning-intl-trnd/index.html

Do they suggest we use more carbon neutral energy sources, or do they think raising taxes is a more effective method of reducing carbon emissions?

• Like (+1) 2

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Do they suggest we use more carbon neutral energy sources, or do they think raising taxes is a more effective method of reducing carbon emissions?

Clearly the only answer to save us all is radical wealth redistribution.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

In the form of climatology research grants.

Which include unlimited funds for air travel on private jets... for research purposes, of course.

Edited by Koko78

4 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

11,000* climate scientists 11.1 years to disaster and 1 young lady who could be cast as an extra in "The Climate Adventures of Pippi Longstocking" do little to convince me that I should support carbon tax schemes.

Now this though, this is some grade A level salespersonship:

Barnard said the changes shouldn't be seen as "sacrifices," but as a way of "transforming things that we have found stressful."
"Everything from road rage and congestion and dirty air," she said.

Anyone who does not support the elimination of fossil fuels immediately supports road rage...and stress. 

*if 16,000 climate scientists wrote a letter in 2017, why are only 11,000 speaking put now? Have 5,000 changed their mind, or we they off somewhere enjoying a little r&r before the planet blows up in October 2030?  Selfish pricks! 

They drowned in melted polar ice caps?

Edited by 4merper4mer

19 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

They drowned in melted polar ice caps?

I can’t accept this answer because the topic is science.  5000 scientists don’t drown in “melted polar ice caps“, they drown in water, water is the answer. I also would have accepted Hlittle2O, and “Eaten by sad Polar Bears”.  

Maybe next time, less time reading about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie in Teen Vogue, more time getting real with a science book, mr 4mer?  

42 minutes ago, ALF said:

In other words scientists have no credibility ?

Why didn't you answer my question?

I'm not trying to be a dick. I don't think you're a dishonest douche like Busey or a troll like Tibs. I think you're genuine poster, and that's why I'm posing a genuine question. 

What is it about global warming that scientists agree on?

These include replacing fossil fuels, cutting the emissions of climate pollutants such as methane and soot, eating less meat, restoring and protecting ecosystems, building a carbon-free economy and stabilizing population growth by investing into family-planning services and girls education.

So it’s the dumb girls fault. 

1 hour ago, ALF said:

In other words scientists have no credibility ?

In other words, the scientists who disagree have no credibility? 

Seriously, didn't we go through this with you just a month or so ago?

Tell me - do you believe that if a majority of scientists say one thing, that's it's automatically truth? Especially if they're debating a branch of science that is likely younger than you are? Those professionals who disagree do not qualify as scientists in your view?

9 hours ago, Rob's House said:

Why didn't you answer my question?

I'm not trying to be a dick. I don't think you're a dishonest douche like Busey or a troll like Tibs. I think you're genuine poster, and that's why I'm posing a genuine question. 

What is it about global warming that scientists agree on?

That it needs to be seriously studied and at the least make common sense changes to error on the side of caution.

If there ends up being no global warming , cleaner air and water are good.

Edited by ALF

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/4168388002

11,000 scientists call this a climate emergency. 

In in my opinion, it's already too late. Here in NYState the attempt to green the energy is going to destroy national grid and the gas companies. Imagine the fall out from that? 

Or of a gas tax? 

Sadly, fighting climate change changes is a big winning issue for Republicans who see major benefits of letting the planet get destroyed