Global warming err Climate change HOAX

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Hedge said:

Proving, yet again, that it means nothing.

Easy there. She's female, a child, autistic, and checks several other identity/victim boxes.

You're a monster if you criticize the little B word or the fake accolades they're trying to give her to bolster her petulant little rants.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Easy there. She's female, a child, autistic, and checks several other identity/victim boxes.

You're a monster if you criticize the little B word or the fake accolades they're trying to give her to bolster her petulant little rants.

The poor kid doesn't know any better. Her parents indoctrinated her and pimped her out to the cause. It's sad, really.

4 hours ago, Rob's House said:

To your credit, even if it was not your intent, I think you provided them as solid a defense as one could, given the fact pattern.

My intent was not to defend their beliefs. The 12-year doomsday stuff is like all the urgent conspiracy-board nonsense. If the end is near RIGHT NOW, there's a sense people will get crazy and act RIGHT NOW. We see this all the time here in PPP. The 12th is coming. Next week something huge will happen. There's a global civil war on. Etc.  

These things I believe:

- We haven't done a great job as stewards for the planet in many ways and should strive to do better. 

- Better may cause some discomfort ($$, lifestyle changes, etc) and whatever that discomfort is will always be a place of friction. This will be a friction point for which I am happy there are voices on both sides.

- The government may be in a better position than private industry to regulate certain aspects of what is good for the environment...another friction point for which I am happy there are voices on both sides.

John Adams

Heres the big picture problem in a nutshell: The population of the United States hasn’t really changed all that much in decades, and in that same period we’ve been consistently making everything MORE efficient, not less efficient.  Unfortunately there are other parts of the planet we all share that the same cannot be said for. China and India alone dwarf the US population and both have discovered economic growth and increased consumption that comes with it. So....there’s ZERO chance the US will be able to cut our way out of this ‘crisis’. Not in just 11.5 years anyway! The messaging of the Left is horrible. Nobody is going to voluntarily sign up for a lost cause. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

John Adams

Heres the big picture problem in a nutshell: The population of the United States hasn’t really changed all that much in decades, and in that same period we’ve been consistently making everything MORE efficient, not less efficient.  Unfortunately there are other parts of the planet we all share that the same cannot be said for. China and India alone dwarf the US population and both have discovered economic growth and increased consumption that comes with it. So....there’s ZERO chance the US will be able to cut our way out of this ‘crisis’. Not in just 11.5 years anyway! The messaging of the Left is horrible. Nobody is going to voluntarily sign up for a lost cause. 

We can control and influence the things we can. That's all anyone or nation can do. And we can continue to get better and lead on environment. 

Not that you have to visit India or China to know this, but things are a clusterF over there not likely to change any time soon. We can only pressure them and help them where possible. They have to solve their own messes on the environment but they don't have to do it totally alone. And no, I'm not advocating a Globalist conspiracy, but just an acknowledgement that China's planet is America's planet, and discussing how to help it heal is a worthy discussion. 

Withdrawing from the Paris Accord was more about form (FU other countries) than substance (it's not making a difference because India and China are not fixing their crap). But as with most things Trump, he's able to tear something down and incapable of building something better in its place. 

Edited by John Adams

17 hours ago, Rob's House said:

The poor kid doesn't know any better. Her parents indoctrinated her and pimped her out to the cause. It's sad, really.

From what I read, she forced her mother to stop singing because she kept traveling around the world and therefore causing more pollution.

i think her parents just couldn’t handle her.

12 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

The best things he's done have been teardowns. Both the ACA and the Paris accords HAD to go.

Tearing down without building something back is not an achievement. Speaking as my historical namesake, it's why I hated Thomas Paine. Anyone can be a critic. To be a builder is the true measure of a person. 

If Elizabeth Warren is the next POTUS, you will be pining away for the good old days of the Paris Accords and ACA. 

2 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Tearing down without building something back is not an achievement. Speaking as my historical namesake, it's why I hated Thomas Paine. Anyone can be a critic. To be a builder is the true measure of a person. 

If Elizabeth Warren is the next POTUS, you will be pining away for the good old days of the Paris Accords and ACA. 

She won't be. If you think Hillary got beaten badly, Fauxahontas will be beaten on a Mondale-like standard.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

She won't be. If you think Hillary got beaten badly, Fauxahontas will be beaten on a Mondale-like standard.

Politically prognosticating, I've been saying that for a while. My point being that Trump and the Rs have offered zero solutions, and if it's like this in 1 year or 5 years, a Warren-like POTUS won't make that mistake. 

7 minutes ago, John Adams said:

This is absolutely hilarious. And I mean no disrespect but you do realize that Mr Trump is a Builder by Trade, right? Anyone can build a government department filled with cubicle workers. To be a Builder is the true measure of a person. I’m actually a Builder! In the business there’s a common phrase at the end of the project where we get to the ceremonial ‘congratulations for the non-participants’. This is when elected hacks come out and present an official proclamation to the people who actually did the work. We all laugh but they somehow believe ‘they built that’. Mr Obama suffered from such delusions.Go to the ceremony, sign a proclamation, make a quick speech, receive a quick reward or plaque and retreat to your beach house. Nice work if you can con the taxpayer into giving it to you!

18 minutes ago, John Adams said:

As an engineer, I feel that you're giving builders far too much credit. They're just following my instructions, and they call every time they get confused. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

As an engineer, I feel that you're giving builders far too much credit. They're just following my instructions, and they call every time they get confused. 

I'm an engineer too, cheers.

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

This is absolutely hilarious. And I mean no disrespect but you do realize that Mr Trump is a Builder by Trade, right? Anyone can build a government department filled with cubicle workers. To be a Builder is the true measure of a person. I’m actually a Builder! In the business there’s a common phrase at the end of the project where we get to the ceremonial ‘congratulations for the non-participants’. This is when elected hacks come out and present an official proclamation to the people who actually did the work. We all laugh but they somehow believe ‘they built that’. Mr Obama suffered from such delusions.Go to the ceremony, sign a proclamation, make a quick speech, receive a quick reward or plaque and retreat to your beach house. Nice work if you can con the taxpayer into giving it to you!

Trump promised to build a lot of things. Balance the budget "fairly quickly." Fix health care. Fix social security. And on and on. 

He's shown zero ability to build. Not cubes of people, solutions. 

2 minutes ago, John Adams said:

I'm an engineer too, cheers.

Trump promised to build a lot of things. Balance the budget "fairly quickly." Fix health care. Fix social security. And on and on. 

He's shown zero ability to build. Not cubes of people, solutions. 

He’s building a wall!

He’s rebuilding the military.

Your list is just another list of  wasteful government programs.