Teddy Bridgewater throw

chef4131

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The refs in the SEA-KC game called intentional grounding on Russell Wilson on a mix up between him and his receiver. There's no consistency from crew to crew on this call.

I'd be curious on a broader sample if it's no consistency, or just minor inconsistency on the outer edge

Bridgewater clearly throws the ball away while standing in endzone (ball actually hit out of bounds) NO FLAG. Wish the Refs were more consistent announcer even commented "wonder what Orton thinks of that no-call"

The Orton throw landed only about 4 yards away from Sammy. Carey greatly embellished that description. Terrible call but the Bills should have been up by two TD's and never put themselves in that position. I'm not a fan of these grounding calls, if the opposing QB want's to give up a play as early as Orton.....or in todays game the IG on Russell Wilson....I say that's a win for the defense in itself. Now if the guy chucks it away as he's running for his life it's a different matter.

Sure it does. If a receiver is in the area, it's not grounding.

No one is arguing that doc. The point was made that the flag was thrown on Wilson but his receiver ran the wrong route. Rule says it doesn't matter if there is miscommunication between QB and WR.

No one is arguing that doc. The point was made that the flag was thrown on Wilson but his receiver ran the wrong route. Rule says it doesn't matter if there is miscommunication between QB and WR.

We know the rule. The point is the inconsistent enforcement of it.