Teddy Bridgewater throw

chef4131

If the QB throws "way down field", IG won't be called anyway...

The intent of the QB, not the WR and QB

Orton threw it pretty far downfield.

Carey was just rationalizing the call. I've seen it called, correctly IMO, when there was a guy close to it. The rule is, are you throwing just to avoid a sack, AND, are you trying to possibly make a completion. That's really the rule and how they interpret it. I've seen it where a RB is close but had his back turned and they called it anyway because the QB was throwing it just to avoid a sack AND there wasn't a chance for a completion because they could clearly see intent,. he was just throwing it away.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orton threw it pretty far downfield.

Carey was just rationalizing the call. I've seen it called, correctly IMO, when there was a guy close to it. The rule is, are you throwing just to avoid a sack, AND, are you trying to possibly make a completion. That's really the rule and how they interpret it. I've seen it where a RB is close but had his back turned and they called it anyway because the QB was throwing it just to avoid a sack AND there wasn't a chance for a completion because they could clearly see intent,. he was just throwing it away.

I agree.

Still don't know how they called one on Rodgers after a tipped/batted ball yesterday.