Misconceptions about Terry Pegula

1B4IDie

I don't know anything about the Pegulas. But most new NFL owners tend to clean house.

I think you have seen that with Haslem and Khan most recently.

I would be surprised if the Pegulas don't do the same. Everyone wants to hire "their guys."

Especially when there is no compelling reason to keep the old guys around.

Kim Pegula likes to make decisions. If she is truly the one calling the shots then Russ is going to be very disappointed when he's back to marketing and has nothing to do with how the football team operates.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russ Brandon after Marv Levy retired assumed his GM responsibilities, not to mention the meddling in a current HC coaching hire.

GM in title only--Modrak and Guy were making personnel decisions. I'm 100% certain of that (as are others on this board with more access to info from within OBD than myself).

Also, he wasn't meddling when it came to Marrone. He recommended Marrone be interviewed; the decision was Nix and Whaley all the way. I don't care if you believe me; it's the truth no matter what some want to think.

Can we officially declare this thread a failure?

We can declare the boring discussion of how great the Sabres are going to be in 2019 a stunningly useless argument in describing how the Buffalo Bills on the field product will improve in 2015.

Terry Pegula's ownership did not help the Sabres on ice product.

Why do people keep posting like he is going to do something to fix the Bills on field product?

He is a hands off kinda guy.

He is a business man that is going to help develop the City of Buffalo around the Bills.

He is not a football guy. He is not a hatchet man.

Get used to seeing Russ Brandon and Doug Whaley for a long time.

Terry is a savior to keep the team on Buffalo.

There is no reason to believe Terry and Kim Pegula are 1.) Going to make massive changes to the Bills Front Office 2.) Would even know what to do in order to improve the Bills on the field performance.

If we wanted to Frack Orchard Park, Terry is your man. If you want a winning football team well you better hope Terry and Kim 1.) Actually care about winning (Sabres point to no) 2.) Are interested in finding a "football guy" that can help them (all signs point to status quo.)

Terry Pegula is not some kind of Jerry Jones with more football acumen. You likely won't be hearing much or seeing the Pegulas do much in the football operations.

Sorry to burst your bubble but atleast the Bills are in Buffalo.

I agree. I don't expect huge, immediate changes to the "football operations"...only to things like ticket prices.

Incorrect.

As a result of this change, the team earning the fewest points during the regular season will no longer be guaranteed, at worst, the second overall pick. That club could fall as low as fourth overall.

It's also a big mistake to assume some fantasy "fire them all" strategy will be enacted.

Starting in 2016. You need to sharpen up your reading comprehension before you come up in here, big dick swinging, shooting everyone down when YOU are the one constantly incorrect in YOUR OWN THREAD!

my Lord.

Edited by JM57

Starting in 2016. You need to sharpen up your reading comprehension before you come up in here, big dick swinging, shooting everyone down when YOU are the one constantly incorrect in YOUR OWN THREAD!

my Lord.

How is Pegula going to improve the Bills on field product in 2015?

I don't know where you're headed with this. IMO the owner can if he pleases make any change he wants anytime he wants. That includes firing a OC. That was my only point.

What Pegula can do is not set a financial limit on what the franchise will pay for a topflight coach. That would represent a major change from the Ralph era.

What Pegula can do is not set a financial limit on what the franchise will pay for a topflight coach. That would represent a major change from the Ralph era.

For me that fact alone is a huge change in the teams mindset. Now with that said, who do you go after? IMO the names mentioned here constantly of retired coaches in the booth are not candidates I would choose.

Terry Pegula's ownership did not help the Sabres on ice product.

Why do people keep posting like he is going to do something to fix the Bills on field product?

He is a hands off kinda guy.

He is a business man that is going to help develop the City of Buffalo around the Bills.

He is not a football guy. He is not a hatchet man.

Get used to seeing Russ Brandon and Doug Whaley for a long time.

Terry is a savior to keep the team on Buffalo.

There is no reason to believe Terry and Kim Pegula are 1.) Going to make massive changes to the Bills Front Office 2.) Would even know what to do in order to improve the Bills on the field performance.

If we wanted to Frack Orchard Park, Terry is your man. If you want a winning football team well you better hope Terry and Kim 1.) Actually care about winning (Sabres point to no) 2.) Are interested in finding a "football guy" that can help them (all signs point to status quo.)

Terry Pegula is not some kind of Jerry Jones with more football acumen. You likely won't be hearing much or seeing the Pegulas do much in the football operations.

Sorry to burst your bubble but atleast the Bills are in Buffalo.

A businessman who doesn't provide the very best product possible is a bad businessman. Are you saying Pegula is a bad businessman?

A businessman who doesn't provide the very best product possible is a bad businessman. Are you saying Pegula is a bad businessman?

That is your opinion. The quality of the product and the sale of the product are very rarely linked. The best technology doesn't win the market if that were true why are there so many windows machines?

How is the on ice quality of the Sabres?

Oh yeah, just wait until the win the #1 or #2 pick by tanking then like maybe in 2019 they will be a force.

That is your opinion. The quality of the product and the sale of the product are very rarely linked. The best technology doesn't win the market if that were true why are there so many windows machines?

How is the on ice quality of the Sabres?

Oh yeah, just wait until the win the #1 or #2 pick by tanking then like maybe in 2019 they will be a force.

So, your contention is that he'll provide an inferior product and you'll continue to "buy" that product. Maybe you're really saying something about yourself? (and the rest of us)