Misconceptions about Terry Pegula

1B4IDie

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a few people that aren't scared by facts and want to have a discussion? I don't know.

Why is the sky blue?

A clear cloudless day-time sky is blue because molecules in the air scatter blue light from the sun more than they scatter red light. When we look towards the sun at sunset, we see red and orange colours because the blue light has been scattered out and away from the line of sight.

Hope this helps.

GO BILLS!!!

Beat me to it. I literally have the exact same thing copy and pasted.

Sometimes the first google reference is all that's needed.

I would like to see some corroborative links to back up some of these assertions on Pegula though. I mean we DID provide an answer to why the sky is blue. It's the least he could do.

GO BILLS!!!

Sometimes the first google reference is all that's needed.

I would like to see some corroborative links to back up some of these assertions on Pegula though. I mean we DID provide an answer to why the sky is blue. It's the least he could do.

GO BILLS!!!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm

So if I understand correctly, the fact that the Sabres are in last place in the NHL is evidence the Bills soon will be last in the NFL. Got it. Thanks for clearing that up. It all makes so much sense when things are broken down scientifically.

GO BILLS!!!

It only took nine pages, but I'm glad someone finally got it. Like I said before, if this is any indication, Wade Phillips will be brought back to reverse the curse, a la Ted Nolan. They've actually started losing on purpose to tank for the first overall pick too. That's why the Bills are on a two game losing streak, and the Sabres are on a two game win streak. Kim, being a woman, therefore incompetent, mixed up the two email addresses when instructing which teams to lose and win.

I don't know very much about Terry Pegula as I don't live in NY and don't do hockey.

However, I have been a fan of teams twice that got mega rich guys buy the team and everyone was sure

money would longer be an object and they will spend into oblivion on coaches and players. One was Tom Hicks buying the Texas Rangers and the other Ross Perot Jr. buying the Dallas Mavericks. These 2 dudes were flush with ca$h. However, neither spent freely for on the field upgrades.

A lot of rich people are penny pinchers. It's part of the reason they got rich.

I'm gong to wait and see what exactly Terry spends and what he doesn't.

That said, I hope he buys us a real NFL HC.

I don't know very much about Terry Pegula as I don't live in NY and don't do hockey.

However, I have been a fan of teams twice that got mega rich guys buy the team and everyone was sure

money would longer be an object and they will spend into oblivion on coaches and players. One was Tom Hicks buying the Texas Rangers and the other Ross Perot Jr. buying the Dallas Mavericks. These 2 dudes were flush with ca$h. However, neither spent freely for on the field upgrades.

Well I can tell you as a Sabres fan, money wasn't an object. If anything, he threw too much money at it.

Maybe this will offer some insight as to whether TP spends or not. During his press conference after he bought the Sabres for an inflated price and asked if he was worried about losing money (like Golisano was), he said something to the effect that he wasn't in it for the money. That if he wanted to make money, he would go drill another well.

The fact that he sunk another $180b or so of his own money into Harbor Center should also be an indicator.

But we all know it's gonna take a helluva lot more than money to produce a winner on the field. And Terry Pegula knows that as well as anyone. He's just not gonna make sure money is the LAST reason to fail.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Well I can tell you as a Sabres fan, money wasn't an object. If anything, he threw too much money at it.

You are a complete uninformed idiot the NHL is totally different. You are not allowed to look at what a sports owner does in one sport and draw conclusions of what they will do in the other sport.

We are all dumber because of your post, may God have mercy on your soul.

You are a complete uninformed idiot the NHL is totally different. You are not allowed to look at what a sports owner does in one sport and draw conclusions of what they will do in the other sport.

No! Mr. OP, you are the foolish one. Terry Pegula has done everything right for the Sabres on-ice product. If anything, the short-comings that I have seen in the Sabres record rest solely on the shoulders of Sabres fans and the Buffalo media.

Ville Leino, case in point. Huge contract, check. Luxurious locker room, check. Harbour Center, check. Everything was falling in place. Pegula dust all over the place, and Leino would be scoring 40 goals, and dishing out 60 assists this season, if it weren't for the culture of negativity that fans and media have terminally plagued this franchise with.

You're simply not worthy. No matter how hard Pegula works, no matter how many brilliant hockey moves he makes, there will always be this Army of Pessimists, holding him back. I shed a tear, thinking that he might have brought us already one or two hockey championships if it weren't for posters like you, and publications like the Buffalo News. I hate you. Poor Terry.

I didn't say that was even an indication. It was in reply to someone asking if he was stingy with his money on sports teams, since he's not familiar with the Sabres. So explain to me how I'm the idiot for replying to the post below?

Plus you attempted to paraphrase cinematic classic Billy Madison, and did it with no style. You sir, fail.