• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess to save Marrone is that one of these 3 need to happen:

a) Playoffs, and not an embarrassing showing in the playoffs

ii) 9 wins and the full team playing well at the end of the season

3) 8 wins and OC fired by Marrone, assuming that the offense is still dragging and defense playing well

This is the best coaching staff we've had in over a decade. We don't have a QB, an Oline or starting RBs and we're in the playoff hunt.

What the !@#$ is wrong with you people?

If not for the ownership change, I'd be right there with you. I certainly could be wrong, but suspect that this group needs to show why they should be retained.

This is the best coaching staff we've had in over a decade. We don't have a QB, an Oline or starting RBs and we're in the playoff hunt.

What the !@#$ is wrong with you people?

The question that I have is if whether Marrone would have made the change on QB if it there wasn't job security concerns. Without that change we'd be an afterthought. This is the best coaching staff that we've had in a long time but that does not mean that they are good.

The D is solid, the O is questionable. Marrone might survive if he cuts Hackett loose.....the number? Well, not sure its totally the number. If they are decent , say 8-8, and playing well and hard and competitive.....I guess they might get another shot. If they go 9-7 and look like garbage....I think a change could be in order.

Pegula is in the entertainment business.....and that factor needs to be considered by all the die hard football folks on this board. Other intangibles might also be considerations....are Marrone/Hackett respected in the locker room? I don't know....I suspect Whaley has his sources to assess that, we certainly don't here on this site. OK, I am saying this is complex calculus, and will not easily be characterized by a win number. Sorry for the run on answer.

Edited by bigK14094

The D is solid, the O is questionable. Marrone might survive if he cuts Hackett loose.....the number? Well, not sure its totally the number. If they are decent , say 8-8, and playing well and hard and competitive.....I guess they might get another shot. If they go 9-7 and look like garbage....I think a change could be in order.

Pegula is in the entertainment business.....and that factor needs to be considered by all the die hard football folks on this board. Other intangibles might also be considerations....are Marrone/Hackett respected in the locker room? I don't know....I suspect Whaley has his sources to assess that, we certainly don't here on this site. OK, I am saying this in complex calculus, and will not easily be characterized by a win number. Sorry for the run on answer.

I agree with you, and that's why a gave a multi-part answer. I think this could come down anywhere from 8-8 and being retained, to play-offs and being released. To define my boundaries, I'd be surprised if we end up with 7 or less wins and Marrone is retained. Similarly, if we look good in a play-off game, I'd be surprised if he is released.