How Many Wins saves the Coaching staff

rumblefish

In fairness if you're going to play the hypothetical game, Orton would be 4-1 if either brown or mckelvin hold onto the football

lol or 5-0 if the defense gets him the ball back against NE. Its silly to talk about the hypothetical because EJ could be 3-1 if some of his receivers caught balls in Houston. We really have no idea.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 - Coach Marrone stays but Hackett does not.

9 - Everybody stays.

8 wins this year would be huge. Best record since 2004. Not where we want to be obviously, but perhaps on the way there this time for real.

I don't know. This is better than a 8 win team. A 2 win improvement and stunting the development of the young QB they selected isn't not enough in my eyes.

This is the best coaching staff we've had in over a decade. We don't have a QB, an Oline or starting RBs and we're in the playoff hunt.

See my sig, Coach Marrone is .002 better than anyone else we've had.

Our offense was better last year with the 3 headed monster EJ/Thaddeus/Tuel Time than it is now with the addition of Watkins, Brown, Dixon, Williams, and Kyle. No more excuses. Just win.

Edited by reddogblitz

Our offense was better last year with the 3 headed monster EJ/Thaddeus/Tuel Time than it is now with the addition of Watkins, Brown, Dixon, Williams, and Kyle. No more excuses. Just win.

I am not agreeing of disagreeing, but those stats are skewed do to the small sample size. Every win and loss with effect it greatly.

Do I need to link the schedule for the rest of the year???? Do any of you actually pay attention to the team, or just whine until the next head coach is the next Vince Lombardi? While only winning 3more games would suck, take a look at our December schedule.

But yeah, !@#$ momentum, let's clean house.... Again.

expecting the team to finish above .500 = whining for the next lombardi? hilarious.

What defenses did we play last year vs this year? How many games did our running backs miss last year?

Pegula is not the type of owner to make any kind of quick changes. Unless they go winless or only win 1, I fully expect them all to return.

Yep.

IMHO, anybody expecting Pegula to clean house if the Bills fail to make the playoffs this year are going to be sadly disappointed.

If the BILLS make the playoffs in any scenario, I don't think the BILLS fire Marrone or any of the Defensive Staff, but "may" make changes on the Offensive Coaching side...however, if the BILLS win 9 games but miss playoffs, I definitely think Offensive Coaching changes are coming but Marrone, unfortunately, keeps his job....however, if the Pegulas as has been reported (but not necessarily true) bring in a football "czar" to evaluate the team and it's intricacies and the BILLS win 8 games or less, meaning they go 3-6 the rest of the way, I do think Marrone and the entire staff is out with Schwartz getting an interview for Head Coach, dependent on his Offensive Coordinator and promoting Pepper Johnson based on a presumed hand-shake agreement when he came here....

10 guarantees it.

9 says you are safe for now, but don't misunderstand things...if something better comes up, bye.

If they finish 8-8 I would fire them.

I have not been back to TSW since the weekend as I was so disgusted by Sunday's loss by a team that doesn't treat the redzone with any sense of urgency and lets victories walk out the door like a teenager going out for the evening.

No, I'd be pissed if I were T-Pegs and i would fire them at 8-8.

Lindy Ruff was one of the greatest coaches in Sabres' history and one of the best coaches in the NHL.

yeah, i don't understand people are so confident that pegula won't make any moves. none of us know the man (at least to my knowledge). we have no idea what lessons he learned from the sabres situation. it's entirely possible (probably likely) that he wishes he had made the sabre changes sooner. regardless, he's now on to his third coach there, so i'm not confident he's as gun shy as some here assume.

just because pegula was slow to to dump ruff (a player and coach with a long history with the sabres organization) doesn't mean he feels the same way about marrone (someone with no previous relationship with the bills).

Edited by Dirtbag

after reading all the postings so far, understand this, the question was not for the purpose of a witch hunt, we remember the days before the bills got to the top of the pile, and if anyone was to look at the records it wasn't over night, in all fairness, who stays and who goes should be on "quality not quantity" all we have looked for from team/coaching is to be "completive" so far we se that and believe that team is moving in a positive direction, so unless there is a "total meltdown" we see the present coaching staff to be here next year and years to come

Edited by rumblefish

My guess to save Marrone is that one of these 3 need to happen:

a) Playoffs, and not an embarrassing showing in the playoffs

ii) 9 wins and the full team playing well at the end of the season

3) 8 wins and OC fired by Marrone, assuming that the offense is still dragging and defense playing well

I agree this is the most likely scenario. I could even see Hackett being gone if the offensive play calling does not improve based upon who would be available.

Lindy Ruff was one of the greatest coaches in Sabres' history and one of the best coaches in the NHL. Marrone has coached at Syracuse and is more similar to Dick Jauron than Chip Kelly.

If they don't have a winning season, this would be a perfect time to make changes. This team wins inspite of coaching.

I don't agree with a lot of what you post. But I am in agreement w you here Biscuit. This team has 90 sacks since Marrone took over as head coach. That has got to be in the top 3, if not number 1 in the league over that period. Yet our record is a lousy 11-14. That tells me that the offense is not producing, and the coaching staff is not getting nearly enuf out of the talent that we have. I think Marrone stays if we get to 9 wins, and that means beating Miami, Jets, Cleveland and Oakland, and competing hard again Green Bay, NE and Denver. But the 9-7 record still does not put us w the upper echelon teams. And with as good a defense as we have, that really is not a great record.

More importantly, does anyone on here think that Marrone has the coaching skill to take us to the next level? I think he is way too conservative in his game management, and has grudges against certain players for no apparent reason which is holding back the team. (see Mike Williams) I personally would be happy to see Marrone be canned w Hackett, and Schwartz be given the head coaching job, especially if he can bring in a top notch O Coordinator. I never hear any of the players talking up Marrone, like he is any sort of genius, great leader, or a great guy to play for.

Tonite's game is the benchmark game in the Marrone era in my opinion. If we come out w a solid creative gameplan, and play aggressive and smart throughout, we should win the game. Orton is better than Tannehill, and has to show that tonite. But the team needs to look prepared and motivated. Taking a bunch of penalties, punting on 4th and 1 from the Miami 45, looking lackadaisical and uninspired on National TV. And it will be the downfall of Marrone.