Mike Williams Deserves His Shot

rfk

Yesterday Hackett (I love this guy) said something like the Williams is having good practices but other receivers are playing better...OK .... THEY LOST and DIDNT Get in the End Zone but once.

Practice is Not Game..get Wiliams in there!!!!

At this point he's another bust..

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also asked why Mike Williams isn't playing more, Hackett said, "That's a great question."

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I actually now think, after reading Marrone's quotes the last few days, that Hackett may want Williams in and Marrone decided at the last minute to keep him deactivated, partly because both Fred and Watkins were deemed fit to play, and mostly because of stupidity.

Also asked why Mike Williams isn't playing more, Hackett said, "That's a great question."

I actually now think, after reading Marrone's quotes the last few days, that Hackett may want Williams in and Marrone decided at the last minute to keep him deactivated, partly because both Fred and Watkins were deemed fit to play, and mostly because of stupidity.

After the Urbik nonsense I wouldn't be surprised if it is straight stupidity.

Yesterday Hackett (I love this guy) said something like the Williams is having good practices but other receivers are playing better...OK .... THEY LOST and DIDNT Get in the End Zone but once.

Practice is Not Game..get Wiliams in there!!!!

At this point he's another bust..

I have no idea what real story is here but I don't know if the equivalent of a 6th rd pick is a "bust." They traded for him before they knew they were getting Watkins. I don't know how much of a difference he makes with Hogan playing well. I wouldn't play him over the other 4. He could be a red zone threat, but they had thrown to him in the end zone a few times and he didn't make the catches early on in the season, and they other guys have just looked better.

As far as the last game, they had plays available to other WRs in the end zone and Orton just missed them.

Mike Williams being inactive for all these games - a healthy scratch - is one of the stupidest things I've seen from this coaching staff.

Who cares if Hogan is playing better in practice? We have an issue in the red zone and with weak TE's, a glaring need for big bodied receivers.

Mike Williams being inactive for all these games - a healthy scratch - is one of the stupidest things I've seen from this coaching staff.

Who cares if Hogan is playing better in practice? We have an issue in the red zone and with weak TE's, a glaring need for big bodied receivers.

You realize Hogan has been playing decently for a 3rd/4th WR?

Chandler was open in the end zone. Orton missed him. I love the idea of a big bodied red zone threat, but the plays are there regardless.

Obvioulsy Marronne doesn't like Williams. He didn't like him in Syracuse and I don't think he wanted him here as a BiIl but Whaley brought him in. You have to begin to think this is personal

Goodwin is a glaass joe... time for that experiment to end

We really don't need 3 TEs active. Deactivate Smith or Gragg and get MW in there. If he fails in the game then fine deactivate him, but give the man a chance to catch passes. If you want to run fade routes in the red zone it makes sense to have the biggest fade threat active.

My guess is that if this nonsense continues Whaley will have no choice but to can Marrone and Hackett. And as the original poster said, practices are not games. Who cares what Williams does in practice, he has a proven track record as a red zone threat.

We really don't need 3 TEs active. Deactivate Smith or Gragg and get MW in there. If he fails in the game then fine deactivate him, but give the man a chance to catch passes. If you want to run fade routes in the red zone it makes sense to have the biggest fade threat active.

Lee Smith is possibly the worst pass catching TE in the NFL. Get him out of there.

Obvioulsy Marronne doesn't like Williams. He didn't like him in Syracuse and I don't think he wanted him here as a BiIl but Whaley brought him in. You have to begin to think this is personal

Goodwin is a glaass joe... time for that experiment to end

Time for Whaley to tell Doug he can either be fired or play the best talent. His choice. Marrone is a stubborn idiot who runs this team like a HS team (I don't like you, your not playing. You had a worse practice than a special teams scrub, so we will start him instead).

You realize Hogan has been playing decently for a 3rd/4th WR?

The lineup should be Watkins, Hogan, Williams.

After the Urbik nonsense I wouldn't be surprised if it is straight stupidity.

+2.

Given the talent level we have on this team, Marrone may be the worst coach of the past 14 years.

I believe the last game he was active in, he had a huge TD