Daniel Jeremiah Ranks Beckham Ahead of Watkins

truth on hold

As NFL Media's Daniel Jeremiah told NFL NOW, "If you don't get a hand on Odell Beckham off the line of scrimmage ... he will get on top of any corner. Arguably the best corner in the NFL (Sherman) could not run with Odell Beckham in the open field."

As the first Giants rookie receiver with back-to-back 100-yard outings since Byron Williams in 1983, Beckham -- despite missing the first four games of the year -- has an outside shot to climb back into the Offensive Rookie of the Year derby. Jeremiah already ranks him above Sammy Watkins and Mike Evans.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000426179/article/richard-sherman-odell-beckham-jr-is-a-great-player

Edited by JTSP

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for him. I'm still glad we have Watkins and it's only a matter of time before he is legitimate top WR in the game.

If Beckham Jr. ends up being good too then good for him. He's had 2 good games so far and Jeremiah has fallen in love.

Here's the question though: right now would you trade Watkins for Beckham and our 2015 first round pick back? If we miss playoffs with Watkins (the expected case after yesterday), I'd probably opt for Beckham and our 2015 1st round pick

As NFL Media's Daniel Jeremiah told NFL NOW, "If you don't get a hand on Odell Beckham off the line of scrimmage ... he will get on top of any corner. Arguably the best corner in the NFL (Sherman) could not run with Odell Beckham in the open field."

As the first Giants rookie receiver with back-to-back 100-yard outings since Byron Williams in 1983, Beckham -- despite missing the first four games of the year -- has an outside shot to climb back into the Offensive Rookie of the Year derby. Jeremiah already ranks him above Sammy Watkins and Mike Evans.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000426179/article/richard-sherman-odell-beckham-jr-is-a-great-player

Thanks for posting. We all have seen a bit of what Sammy can do.

Give him a year or two, a very good quarterback, and coaches that can actually coach to a players strengths. And, he is realistically a Buffalo Bill that will that will be a reason why the team eventually reaches success in a big way. The price was steep, but it will pay off someday.

As for where he ranks? I guess it nice to get recogonized. And he will.

I hope he stays committed, and doesn't let the teams on current field performances effect his attitude. his Vikes game performance was dominant. There's more to come, Him and Orton are getting dialed in and Sammy's heroics are needed with Bills QB's. Look to see him dominate Thursday nite in Florida.

http://www.nfl.com/n...-a-great-player

Sammy Watkins played with Broken Ribs

Odel Beckhem Jr. has already missed time due to an injury.

I like Beckham. He's a stud, there's a reason why he was drafted in the top half of the 1st. There's a lot of guys Sherman can't run with in the open field. He's not all that fast, is he? I've seen him get burnt a lot this year.

But no I would take Watkins. Not worried about the draft pick.

I like Beckham. He's a stud, there's a reason why he was drafted in the top half of the 1st. There's a lot of guys Sherman can't run with in the open field. He's not all that fast, is he? I've seen him get burnt a lot this year.

But no I would take Watkins. Not worried about the draft pick.

What I am worried about is our team. We have too many weaknesses still ... QB, TE, Guard ... and missing that 1st round to address at least one of them (maybe more with a trade) could be painful

Edited by JTSP

What I am worried about is our team. We have too many weaknesses we need to fill ... QB, TE, Guard ... and missing that 1st round to address at least one of them (maybe more with a trade) could be painful

they will likely have 8 draft picks and FA with a moneybags new owner who can't wait to buy some guys. If their college and pro scouts are worth their salt they will fill all their needs and then some.

Let's see, Beckham plays with a better QB who gets more time to throw the ball with a better coaching staff. Watkins has played with two different QBS who play behind a terrible offensive line and not very good coaching. Put Watkins on the Giants and Beckham on the Bills with both playing all nine games and I bet Watkins numbers would be way better than Beckhams IMO.

What I am worried about is our team. We have too many weaknesses still ... QB, TE, Guard ... and missing that 1st round to address at least one of them (maybe more with a trade) could be painful

We are no where near our salary cap......have a deep pockets owner......who loves to spend money.

As long as we resign players like Hughes and Darius....we should be bringing in free agent vets to fill holes this year......and there honestly are not THAT many....the key spots are identified

where my Beckham's numbers were in blowout (20 point ) losses where playing catch up football you can put up good numbers albeit meaningless

Ill take Watkins

No thats not true. He had almost 100 yards in the first half. And the game was tied at end of 3 qtrs

Edited by JTSP

Let's see, Beckham plays with a better QB who gets more time to throw the ball with a better coaching staff. Watkins has played with two different QBS who play behind a terrible offensive line and not very good coaching. Put Watkins on the Giants and Beckham on the Bills with both playing all nine games and I bet Watkins numbers would be way better than Beckhams IMO.

Last I checked Sammy Watkins was rookie of the month

Love Sammy but seems like there are about 5 rookie wrs that are having great seasons. Beckham looks like the real deal. In a draft so deep with wrs I'm beginning to question the decision to give up this years first to move up -- and that's nothing against sammy

Love Sammy but seems like there are about 5 rookie wrs that are having great seasons. Beckham looks like the real deal. In a draft so deep with wrs I'm beginning to question the decision to give up this years first to move up -- and that's nothing against sammy

I agree