Daniel Jeremiah Ranks Beckham Ahead of Watkins

truth on hold

Love Sammy but seems like there are about 5 rookie wrs that are having great seasons. Beckham looks like the real deal. In a draft so deep with wrs I'm beginning to question the decision to give up this years first to move up -- and that's nothing against sammy

It's a fair point. Look at these guys:

Watkins

Benjamin

Evans

Cooks

Beckham

John Brown

Matavius Bryant

Landry

Davonte Adams

Montcrief

Jordan Matthews

These guys are all balling this year, and there are others. There is an argument to be made that this was not the year to burn a future first-round pick on a WR. I love Sammy, but if you look at the draft like an investment banker would - you probably don't make that deal. You're not maximizing value.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beckham is good this year but look at that offense. Its a chuck it up and make a play offense.

Anyone who runs sub 4.7 is going to do the same thing. Especially against Richard Slowman. Why he gets the respect I don't know.

It's a fair point. Look at these guys:

Watkins

Benjamin

Evans

Cooks

Beckham

John Brown

Matavius Bryant

Landry

Davonte Adams

Montcrief

Jordan Matthews

These guys are all balling this year, and there are others. There is an argument to be made that this was not the year to burn a future first-round pick on a WR. I love Sammy, but if you look at the draft like an investment banker would - you probably don't make that deal. You're not maximizing value.

WR are becoming a dime a dozen for a reason. Athletic players choose WR now. Not rb

Considering that the Bills were set to take Ebron with the 9th pick and not another WR, I'm glad they made the trade. The choice isn't another WR and our pick next year. It's Ebron and our pick.

I like Beckham a lot, liked him before the draft. But this is silly talk. The sample size is way too small and ODB (as he prefers to go by -- gotta respect that) is playing with a Manning. Sure, it's the lesser manning, but he has a better guy throwing him the ball. Especially when they're playing from behind the whole time.

Sammy, in my opinion, does everything ODB does but does it better. This is a truly good class for WRs, maybe great -- but Sammy is so much more talented than the rest (and it's not close) I'd still do that trade and wouldn't lose sleep over it. Sammy is special.

Daniel Jeremiah can get back to me when their respective careers are over.

All I know is we drafted one of the premier players, regardless of position, in years. I also know that nobody else drafted this year will outwork the kid nor will they surpass him in heart as evidenced by his choosing to play through rib and groin injuries. I'd make the same deal for a player of Watkins' ability any day of the week.

GO BILLS!!!

Considering that the Bills were set to take Ebron with the 9th pick and not another WR, I'm glad they made the trade. The choice isn't another WR and our pick next year. It's Ebron and our pick.

have you no imagination? think of the 4 TE sets we could be drawing up.

What I am worried about is our team. We have too many weaknesses still ... QB, TE, Guard ... and missing that 1st round to address at least one of them (maybe more with a trade) could be painful

The problem is that too many people on here are really only familiar with the Bills' situation. Yes we could use an upgrade at TE, sure. Yes we have had poor guard play and will address it in the offseason. QB is a tricky one- Orton is a below average starting QB in the NFL but at least he is a real QB. We'll see how that one plays out. But what you don't understand is that there are no teams out there that are like, "yup we pretty much got it all covered. No holes anywhere." Relative to the rest of the league the Bills have far fewer gaping holes (perhaps guard is one) than most teams. Even going into this past year's draft, I heard a lot of experts saying that for a team drafting 9th, the Bills have relatively few holes. We've shored up LB this year with the drafting of Brown and the emergence of Bradham. The Bills are gonna be fine once they learn how to win. Sit back, relax and enjoy having an elite defense. Edited by metzelaars_lives

Daniel Jeremiah can get back to me when their respective careers are over.

All I know is we drafted one of the premier players, regardless of position, in years. I also know that nobody else drafted this year will outwork the kid nor will they surpass him in heart as evidenced by his choosing to play through rib and groin injuries. I'd make the same deal for a player of Watkins' ability any day of the week.

GO BILLS!!!

This is correct! Tired of the week to week on Sammy. He's a stud, we have him, and ain't letting him go. The draft was in June and is over, get over it people we're stuck with him. LMAO at the people who are so stuck on the draft.

Here's the question though: right now would you trade Watkins for Beckham and our 2015 first round pick back? If we miss playoffs with Watkins (the expected case after yesterday), I'd probably opt for Beckham and our 2015 1st round pick

ill take watkins and our " 2015 1st rd pick." He's a 3 down OLB who is already one of the 50 best players in the NFL. He can cover Gronk, Kelce, has eyes of terror and is a future Luke Keuchly.

Kiko.Brown.Bradham. 2015.

ill take watkins and our " 2015 1st rd pick." He's a 3 down OLB who is already one of the 50 best players in the NFL. He can cover Gronk, Kelce, has eyes of terror and is a future Luke Keuchly.

Kiko.Brown.Bradham. 2015.

I like Keuchly but that guy couldn't cover a pot of cold water and has limited ability when the play is behind him.