Whole game turned around on the penalty called on Henderson

The reason the Chiefs jumped was the snap count. We earned the first down and they took it away, and the game fell apart.

Granted, Bryce Brown's fumble and Chandler's inability to fall on the loose ball did not help. The fumbled punt was the final straw. But the game turned on that nonsensical call.

Another bad one was the offensive interference call on Chandler. He barely touched the guy.

I don't understand. Henderson flinched. It was obvious in real time. No issue with that penalty.

He flinched a bit AFTER 4 guys jumped. They jumped on the snap call. If he flinched at all it took a zoom lens to spot it. The reason they were offside had absolutely nothing to do with him. They were looking at the ball and not Seantrel.

Bad call. Changed the game.

He flinched a bit AFTER 4 guys jumped. They jumped on the snap call. If he flinched at all it took a zoom lens to spot it. The reason they were offside had absolutely nothing to do with him. They were looking at the ball and not Seantrel.

Bad call. Changed the game.

I must not understand false start penalties. And I mean that in all seriousness.

EDIT: Now I got what you're saying, TC. From the rulebook: "No player of offensive team may charge or move abruptly, after assuming set position, in such manner as to lead defense to believe snap has started. No player of the defensive team within one yard of the line of scrimmage may make an abrupt movement in an attempt to cause the offense to false start."

Edited by GOBILLS78

I just watched it like 8 times in a row. Henderson flinched, as did two guys on the left side....if you call moving a quarter of an inch or so flinching. The defender didn't point right at henderson, he pointed in the direction because he had to point at something.

By the way, we won't know if he was going to run a sneak, because KC jumped offside before the play was executed. Based on Marrone's gutless history, we probably would have punted anyway had they not jumped offside. Which they did.

I just watched it like 8 times in a row. Henderson flinched, as did two guys on the left side....if you call moving a quarter of an inch or so flinching. The defender didn't point right at henderson, he pointed in the direction because he had to point at something.

By the way, we won't know if he was going to run a sneak, because KC jumped offside before the play was executed. Based on Marrone's gutless history, we probably would have punted anyway had they not jumped offside. Which they did.

Thats what I thought. He actually flinched twice. But neither time did it draw the defense off. They jumped independently. Technically that is the right call. But it was so minuscule and it did not draw the defense.

I doubt that a sneak was even the call, they were just trying to draw them off-sides. If it was supposed to be a sneak, why not hurry up to the line and snap it before the defensive line can even get set? It was either a gutless play call or terrible execution.

Pretty sure of all the plays you could single out, this might be the poorest choice. This is the one you choose? Neither of the fumbles that completely altered the entire game?

This is one of the only plays that you can blame on the refs and not the players. This, and that Chandler "PI" call.

You know what would have prevented the flinch? If our scared head coach would have gone for it on 4th and a pube. Yet, he didn't. And the defense yet again held tight. Then we went for it on 4th and 10 minutes later.

Edited by stevestojan

You know what would have prevented the flinch? If our scared head coach would have gone for it on 4th and a pube. Yet, he didn't. And the defense yet again held tight. Then we went for it on 4th and 10 minutes later.

Yup. Marrone coaches like he's constantly scared to lose instead of trying to win.

Marrone should have the balls to go for it. 4th and inches and you're trying to draw an offsides? Weak!

Thank you! We have been subjected to gutless, play not to lose coaching for more than 15 years. I don't think it will ever change.

I was perplexed as to how on earth that was even spotted. It was barely noticeable with the sideline camera zoomed right into the right leg of Henderson.

Oh well, on to next week. There's still games to win!

This. It was so subtle and on such an obvious down trying to draw the D offsides that I'm positive it was intentional by Henderson. If the refs wouldn't have seen it Henderson would have been called a genius. I'm shocked they saw his calf muscle twitch as slightly as it did.

His right leg moved twice. I don't see how that could be deliberate. Any movement whatsoever is a penalty. Which is what they called.

Kelly -- they were ALWAYS going to punt it. Why not try it? His leg only moved once, btw. When that didn't work, he tried the old left (inside) shoulder twitch. It really seemed calculated to me.

Kelly -- they were ALWAYS going to punt it. Why not try it? His leg only moved once, btw. When that didn't work, he tried the old left (inside) shoulder twitch. It really seemed calculated to me.

Twice. Unquestionably. ;)

I do think they were always going to punt, too. Which was a mistake. They could have and should have just sneaked it. It's very hard to stop a six inch sneak.

I was perplexed as to how on earth that was even spotted. It was barely noticeable with the sideline camera zoomed right into the right leg of Henderson.

Oh well, on to next week. There's still games to win!

The easy answer to that is that it wasnt spotted. The refs totally blew the call. Once the Chiefs moved the guilty player immediately started pointing at the Bills line and sold the call. There's no way in hell that the refs were looking at the Bills Oline's legs. No way!!

The easy answer to that is that it wasnt spotted. The refs totally blew the call. Once the Chiefs moved the guilty player immediately started pointing at the Bills line and sold the call. There's no way in hell that the refs were looking at the Bills Oline's legs. No way!!

So, we're going with the everyone is against the Bills conspiracy theory tonight?

You all think the refs didn't see that flinch????

This wasn't a standard 2nd and two run play.

This was a play where every single person watching KNEW we weren't going to snap the ball. The officials were indeed staring at the linemen looking for just such a thing as it was the only way we were getting a first down.

If they had called offsides, it would have been the wrong call.

It was minor, but there's no scale for false starts. In that situation, the refs were actually very astute.

Edited by stevestojan

McKelvin's fumble changed the game. I felt like we were right in it until then.

The fumble certainly swung the momentum in KC's favor and took some wind out of our sails. Yet we had 3 timeouts left with 2:37 at the KC 15. It's in excusable to not try and milk the clock and get a 1st down and then go for the TD. Those 4 passes toward the endzone hurt just as bad.

So, we're going with the everyone is against the Bills conspiracy theory tonight?

No we are going with the Refs are too incompetent to see the flinch and are easily swayed by a KC player pointing at their line and by the way the Chiefs are just too well coached to have actually made that error so it had to be the Bills theory. I know .. run on sentence... grammar deduction mark.

The thing that sucked the most about that play was that I thought it was obvious the Bills were just trying to draw KC offsides. I assumed they were trying to draw them offsides and planning on taking a delay of game penalty if they couldn't get them to move. Then they would punt.

And it worked........It appeared to work perfectly.....right up until the ref said it was a false start instead of encroachment.....

The Bills actually executed that play as it was designed in my opinion.....and the refs took it away...and gave it to the other team.....inexcusable.