TNF: Browns at Bengals - 8:25 PM EST on NFL Network

True, and the wind was bad, but he was horrible. :lol:

True that, as I watched so many passes over & under thrown, along with so many uncatch-able balls

He was EJ at Houston, Phillip Rivers at Miami, Tom Brady at Kansas City horrible.

One year I watched Phill Simms go up to Seattle, and get sacked 7 times, Intercepted 4 times, with Simms going 14 of 25 for 190 yards. That same year the NY Giants went on to win the SB with Simms getting the MVP.

Dalton beat that game by a mile with his 1.9 yards per pass. :w00t: The Browns only sacked him 2x, and intercepted him 3x. I can only think that Pettine must have been giving Dalton looks he hadn't seen before

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's such a week to week league but honestly, i could see both the Chiefs and Browns beating the Bills in Orchard Park. I'm a bit worried.

The Bengals looked like the worst team in the NFL. Their offence was atrocious, defence allowed 170 yards on the ground and three rushing td's. Just can't see the Browns having a day like that against the Bills, but you're right, it is a week to week league.

The Bengals looked like the worst team in the NFL. Their offence was atrocious, defence allowed 170 yards on the ground and three rushing td's. Just can't see the Browns having a day like that against the Bills, but you're right, it is a week to week league.

The Bengals are in decline. They look worse every week, lucky to get by a weak Jaguars team (who, granted, beat the Browns for their only win). I can't see them getting 9 wins at this rate, but we'll see what happens.

I hope the Browns get their shot at the playoffs this year, but not at our expense. I don't think they are particularly great on either side of the ball, but they are on the upswing. My only concern is Josh Gordon returning. They might be developing some momentum here.

I was impressed with Hoyer, the Browns O-line and their D. That Mike Pettine is doing a helluva job there. Think about this, the Browns have humilated the Bengals and Steelers recently. That is impressive no matter what you think of Cinci and their "decline".

They tried to get a starter in the 2nd though. They failed. If the Bills selected Gabe Jackson instead of CK we all would be thrilled with the young OL. They would have pulled 2 talented starters out. CK is the issue. He was in no way meant to be a warm body. He was supposed to have an impact pretty much like Bitonio. If he was the same player we would be thrilled. It's easy to say do that in hindsight. Both teams used the same asset on players at the same position. One has flourished and one has floundered. The Bills need to select the right guys but the assets were allocated.

They should have resigned Rinehart when it was clear that Levitre was going. Another option would have been to sign Moore from the Jets.

I agree the Bills have swung and missed more times on the line over the last four years then any other area of the team. In 2014 the Bills were targeting a player for RT, and did so 2x. Then didn't go for a OG until round 5.

The lack of ability to evaluate talent like this at a professional level boggles my mind considering you have so many people to assess talent. Pro scouts, GM, a HC, an OC, an O line coach all looking at players and still can't get it right. Guys like Cornell Green, Colin Brown, Doug Legursky, Chris Williams, Cujo, and Erik Pears at RG are epic fails. whomever the scout is for the O line needs to be given his walking papers.

This is my reasoning for wanting an experienced NFL HC like Bill Cowher who won a power struggle with his GM in Pittsburgh, as he knows player talent as well as any GM, scout. I highly doubt Cowher lets any of the bums mentioned ever step on the field in a Bills Uni, much less start.

Kirby, you seem to have some insight into the inner workings of the team. Perhaps you could inquire as to what the issue is with the scouting of O line players. Is it the analytic department getting in the way of good judgement?

If the Browns let him go and start with manziel bills need to make an offer. He made a couple throws last night where he just threaded the needle.

The Browns / Mike Pettine won't let Hoyer leave, as I doubt Pettine wanted Johnny football to begin with. Besides the bills have a better option in Orton right now, and there would be a line a mile long by other NFL teams to secure Hoyer

Wow...so Browns win one on the road, against a team that has exactly one win versus a team with a winning record, and they are now Super Bowl favorites.

Would love to put in early best agaisnt them next week with the Texans at home, and would crush it if Fitz were starting, but will have to wait and see how Mallet looks.

But damn, the rest of their schedule is so friggen easy( outside of the Bills :thumbsup:) , almost a lock to make playoffs and get shellacked in forst round.

If the Browns let him go and start with manziel bills need to make an offer. He made a couple throws last night where he just threaded the needle.

That was my impression as well. I find that his arm is VERY underrated. They showed a couple replays of some throws and not only were they accurate but how tight the spiral was on the football. It was really windy in cincy last night too which makes the quality of those passes even more impressive.

We have been around this enough times but it isn't that the Bills don't put a premium on OL,

That's why half our draft picks are linemen

they just don't know how to identify OL talent.

Neither can half the teams in the NFL.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I agree the Bills have swung and missed more times on the line over the last four years then any other area of the team. In 2014 the Bills were targeting a player for RT, and did so 2x. Then didn't go for a OG until round 5.

The lack of ability to evaluate talent like this at a professional level boggles my mind considering you have so many people to assess talent. Pro scouts, GM, a HC, an OC, an O line coach all looking at players and still can't get it right. Guys like Cornell Green, Colin Brown, Doug Legursky, Chris Williams, Cujo, and Erik Pears at RG are epic fails. whomever the scout is for the O line needs to be given his walking papers.

This is my reasoning for wanting an experienced NFL HC like Bill Cowher who won a power struggle with his GM in Pittsburgh, as he knows player talent as well as any GM, scout. I highly doubt Cowher lets any of the bums mentioned ever step on the field in a Bills Uni, much less start.

You keep mentioning Cowher is a supreme talent evaluator. Where is the evidence of this? Talent is usually picked up by a GM / scouting staff not the coach. Also , can you explain the big drop in W-L percentage and playoff appearances during the time that Cowher did not have Lebeau on staff? Maybe it was Lebeau who is the actual talent evaluator lol.

I feel that head coaches like Cowher and Dungy achieved success at a specific period in time in the NFL (for Dungy more b/c of who his QB was) and that success can't be easily replicated 10yrs later. Just like players have a "window" of success in the NFL, I feel coaches also have a time period of success (usually longer than that of a player for obvious reasons) where they reach their pinnacle and then for a myriad of reasons their career begins to fizzle out.

There's a reason why not many coaches have taken multiple teams to the playoffs and even less coaches have taken more than one team to the super bowl.

Edited by bobobonators

The Bungles. Just horrid at the QB position. Browns are as mediocre a 6-3 team as one could find.

I'm inclined to agree. Whenever the national spotlight is on them, they seem to play their absolute worst. The Bengals remaining schedule is tough so they better get it together for the sake of their fading post-season hopes.

The Bungles. Just horrid at the QB position. Browns are as mediocre a 6-3 team as one could find.

I agree about Browns. The AFC North and NFC South have seriously screwed me over this season in pick 'em leagues. All of the teams are so up and down it's hard to predict week to week.