What show to start?

The Underdog

Just finished "Mad Men" Really great series although the finale was a let down. Have to figure what's next. "Breaking Bad" or "House Of Cards"?

That's a tough one.

I'd go Breaking Bad, then S1 of Better Call Saul (Breaking Bad spinoff/prequel). In the next week or two S2 of BCS will be released. Then you'll be caught up for the April release of BCS S3 on AMC

Just finished "Mad Men" Really great series although the finale was a let down. Have to figure what's next. "Breaking Bad" or "House Of Cards"?

I love Mad Men, but it wasn't really the type of show that can have a 'big' finale. The characters were all just going to go on.

As for your next show, depends on how you plan to watch. BB is an all time classic, but IMO is not a show to power watch because (similar to Mad Men) you have to invest the time to absorb the character development of each episode.

House of Cards meanwhile is just plain old good fun; a guilty pleasure. Binge watch away.

I just started Iron Fist this morning. Pretty good start IMO. I enjoy all of these Marvel Netflix series.

I was just about to ask if anyone has started it. I'm hoping it is better than Luke Cage was. For me, that one kind of dragged on a bit after they mixed things up a bit at the midpoint.

As for your next show, depends on how you plan to watch. BB is an all time classic, but IMO is not a show to power watch because (similar to Mad Men) you have to invest the time to absorb the character development of each episode.

Though I am very likely in the minority, I would add...don't watch Breaking Bad in the morning.

I had heard so much about it, I decided I would stream it while on the treadmill every day about 6 a.m.

Suffice it to say, it's now the kind of story on which to start your day. I was sad and miserable for a week before it dawned on me why.

I stopped for a while and replaced it with watching re-runs of Bills games, but returned to Breaking Bad to pick my spirits up.

That's a tough one.

I'd go Breaking Bad, then S1 of Better Call Saul (Breaking Bad spinoff/prequel). In the next week or two S2 of BCS will be released. Then you'll be caught up for the April release of BCS S3 on AMC

Sounds like a plan!

Mad Men top 5 all time series imo.

I vote breaking bad > hoc

I agree! Everything about it from the sets/props. Who had the job of finding all the costumes for the women? Excellent job whomever that was. Writing, directing it had it all.

I love Mad Men, but it wasn't really the type of show that can have a 'big' finale. The characters were all just going to go on.

House of Cards meanwhile is just plain old good fun; a guilty pleasure. Binge watch away.

Whatever it is I want to get it done before hockey playoffs start!

Though I am very likely in the minority, I would add...don't watch Breaking Bad in the morning.

I had heard so much about it, I decided I would stream it while on the treadmill every day about 6 a.m.

Suffice it to say, it's now the kind of story on which to start your day. I was sad and miserable for a week before it dawned on me why.

I stopped for a while and replaced it with watching re-runs of Bills games, but returned to Breaking Bad to pick my spirits up.

That's funny. Yeah, BB -- and really most of these terrific drama series of the last ten years or so -- is very heavy stuff.

I was just about to ask if anyone has started it. I'm hoping it is better than Luke Cage was. For me, that one kind of dragged on a bit after they mixed things up a bit at the midpoint.

I'd say it's better than Luke Cage so far. Still not as good as Daredevil or Jessica Jones though. I do think the recurring characters is pretty cool. Rosario Dawson is in all of them, and Carrie-Anne Moss makes another appearance.

I can't say it makes me miserable but the constant cancer backdrop puts a darker cloud over it than need be. I can do without the bloody pee and depressing family meetings I guess.