Buffalo Bo Wallace anyone?

Bubba Gump

Would you draft this kid? He has a huge arm and kinda looks like a Kelly/Favre hybrid. I think he can make it in the NFL.

I'm not sure there is enough contrast between Kelly and favre to create a hybrid...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of those is not like the others and you know it, BB. Not even close.

GO BILLS!!!

What does that have to do with anything, I pick the QBs I like regardless of of style or whatever. Which one is "not like the others" that you are referring too?

I don't think you can claim Bortles or Manziel as good ones at this stage can you really? I liked Bortles and I feel sorry for him because he has been put into a bad spot with an awful team but he needs to play better than he has the past couple of games. Manziel I still don't think will crack it but we don't know until he gets a chance. Tannehill is still a question mark for me too. Played the best game I've seen him play as a pro on Sunday, really looked in sync was making quick decisions, was accurate.... very impressive. But that was on the back of a horribly inaccurate game at Jacksonville. Until he develops some consistency he remains mired in the bottom half of starting QBs in the NFL.

No, but they are on my list so I add them.

Maybe the Jags should have stuck to their original plan to "redshirt" him. He has really struggled with decision making as partially evidenced by four pick sixes. I hope he doesn't become another David Carr.

:lol: :lol: Hello irony!

Sorry for calling you stupid I just snapped.

It gets old going over the my list all the time especially when I disowned Jones and everyone else in that draft especially EJ and Geno but somehow you seem to forget that. Also As I have said before I was talked into Gabbert by so called "experts" and if I stuck to my gut I would have stated with Kaepernick.

I can't believe you guys are already talking about what QB to draft. We are up against 6 teams with winning records. I'm not afraid of these teams and believe we can win 5-6 games.

My point is simply educate in the off season when we have absolutely nothing to talk about and I can enjoy learning from all of you about potential talent to evaluate.

I'm more interested in will Sammy and Woods get separation against the Chiefs as they are #1 against the pass. They are 18th against the run so hopefully Dixon and Brown can have their coming out party and run all over the Chiefs.

I'm not criticizing you guys, I just can't think about drafting now. Besides, if Orton plays even better in the back half of the year, and we don't have a first round pick, can we get some decent Guards to bolster our line.

Huge no. Might wanna watch the ole miss game last week.

Exactly, dumb player. He will get you beat more times then not. That fumble at the 5 yard line late in the game against Auburn was just pure stupid.

I can't believe you guys are already talking about what QB to draft. We are up against 6 teams with winning records. I'm not afraid of these teams and believe we can win 5-6 games.

My point is simply educate in the off season when we have absolutely nothing to talk about and I can enjoy learning from all of you about potential talent to evaluate.

I'm more interested in will Sammy and Woods get separation against the Chiefs as they are #1 against the pass. They are 18th against the run so hopefully Dixon and Brown can have their coming out party and run all over the Chiefs.

I'm not criticizing you guys, I just can't think about drafting now. Besides, if Orton plays even better in the back half of the year, and we don't have a first round pick, can we get some decent Guards to bolster our line.

Then don't click on/read the thread - or contribute? There are plenty of threads about the next game and next quarter of the season...stick to those?

Would you draft this kid? He has a huge arm and kinda looks like a Kelly/Favre hybrid. I think he can make it in the NFL.

Bo is a right handed Tim Tebow, BUT with much better accuracy and velocity. His running style is very similar to Tebow's.. Not super fast, but is shifty and he is a BIG boy... seems to always get that extra 2-3 falling forward cuz he can overpower college LB's. That right there will be an issue cuz NFL LB's are bigger and stronger than in college.

He's not as fast as a guy like Cam, so he wont be able to make DL and LB miss as easily and get to the 2nd level of the D.

Marriota is the sure fire 1st pick overall and i can not see us not drafting a QB between 2-4th rounds especially if Orton is starting next yr. Bo would actually be a good understudy to sit and learn from Kyle and Kyle will be happy to know he's "the guy"...

Even though EJ will be in year 3 by then... I think we must cut ties, and the organazation has to realize he just doesnt have that "it" factor. Misses sooooooo badly on SIMPLE routes... He has happy feet, and is not even accurate throwing from a clean pocket, let alone on the run... And one of his assets coming into NFL was his legs which have proven to be probably his WORST asset in the pro's. Got hurt few times last yr cuz he just doesnt understand how to scramble and when he does, he is so paranoid about getting re-injured, he makes the short cut and heads to sideline or slides when he can easily pick up another 4-5 yards by staying inbounds and cutting upfield. Sure, he will take a hit, but this is not Michael Vick... EJ is as big as a LB... if he puts his head down, it would avoid those hits to knees.

He reacts way too slowly and when he was the starter, he never seemed to play like it could be his last game. Maybe this was in part cuz Marrone told him, dont get hurt... slide or get OOB. A guy playing for his job, should be BEYOND willing to take a hit, in order to turn a 5 yard scramble into a 12 yard 1st down...

Either way... His confidence is shot and that was always an issue in the 1st place! Orton is better than just serviceable and would be a very good mentoring type QB. A guy like Bo, or Shane Carden or Cook (who may be a 1st rounder and has even hinted he may stay in college another yr) would be a few names to target in draft.

ONLY guy i wouldnt want is Prescott. He is the epidemy of a college QB not being able to make transition to NFL. Has way too many flaws throwing the ball and his running skill set is closer to Cam's than Tebows, but he is NOT an NFL starting caliber QB. If u watch his highlights he may look like he is, but if u watch his full games.... and see the mistakes he gets away with.. He's no better than a more mobile EJ.

RC

Bo runs an option style offense there would be a Huge learning curve coming into the NFL for him but he does have a great arm and some good legs. I would take him 3rd round if anything

WOW don't we have one of those already employed by the Bills sitting the bench :huh: ??

Bo is a right handed Tim Tebow, BUT with much better accuracy and velocity. His running style is very similar to Tebow's.. Not super fast, but is shifty and he is a BIG boy... seems to always get that extra 2-3 falling forward cuz he can overpower college LB's. That right there will be an issue cuz NFL LB's are bigger and stronger than in college.

He's not as fast as a guy like Cam, so he wont be able to make DL and LB miss as easily and get to the 2nd level of the D.

Marriota is the sure fire 1st pick overall and i can not see us not drafting a QB between 2-4th rounds especially if Orton is starting next yr. Bo would actually be a good understudy to sit and learn from Kyle and Kyle will be happy to know he's "the guy"...

Even though EJ will be in year 3 by then... I think we must cut ties, and the organazation has to realize he just doesnt have that "it" factor. Misses sooooooo badly on SIMPLE routes... He has happy feet, and is not even accurate throwing from a clean pocket, let alone on the run... And one of his assets coming into NFL was his legs which have proven to be probably his WORST asset in the pro's. Got hurt few times last yr cuz he just doesnt understand how to scramble and when he does, he is so paranoid about getting re-injured, he makes the short cut and heads to sideline or slides when he can easily pick up another 4-5 yards by staying inbounds and cutting upfield. Sure, he will take a hit, but this is not Michael Vick... EJ is as big as a LB... if he puts his head down, it would avoid those hits to knees.

He reacts way too slowly and when he was the starter, he never seemed to play like it could be his last game. Maybe this was in part cuz Marrone told him, dont get hurt... slide or get OOB. A guy playing for his job, should be BEYOND willing to take a hit, in order to turn a 5 yard scramble into a 12 yard 1st down...

Either way... His confidence is shot and that was always an issue in the 1st place! Orton is better than just serviceable and would be a very good mentoring type QB. A guy like Bo, or Shane Carden or Cook (who may be a 1st rounder and has even hinted he may stay in college another yr) would be a few names to target in draft.

ONLY guy i wouldnt want is Prescott. He is the epidemy of a college QB not being able to make transition to NFL. Has way too many flaws throwing the ball and his running skill set is closer to Cam's than Tebows, but he is NOT an NFL starting caliber QB. If u watch his highlights he may look like he is, but if u watch his full games.... and see the mistakes he gets away with.. He's no better than a more mobile EJ.

RC

All diseased College QBs must be quarantined. :lol:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Have you actually seen Mannion play? He is shockingly inaccurate and makes a lot of highly questionable decisions with the football. And he's a statue. He puts up big numbers because OSU has no running game and they are always trailing. He will be available in round 6 or 7, and possibly as an UFA.

And I don't believe Cook will be going back to school any more than I believe that Jameis Winston will be heading back to Free Seafood University for another year. It is standard procedure for these guys to say that they are staying at this point of the CFB season, but they can always change their minds later. On the other hand, there is zero upside to announcing now that you are leaving for the NFL.

Yes I've seen him play and I suppose I don't have as much of a problem with his accuracy as you. He has to clean up his footwork as he tends to throw off his back foot quite a bit but I wouldn't need or want him to start right away. If we have Orton holding it down for next season then EJ and Mannion can sit for the year and develop still.

In Mannion's defense, he did lose some really good weapons at WR in Wheaton and Cooks. The fact that he's no a very mobile QB doesn't bother me as much as others. We have a guy who's no mobile and he gets it done and there are lots of others in the league who won't run around much but still kill you with their arm. If a QB is efficient and puts up points then I couldn't care less what his 40 time is or whether he can scramble. But that's just my opinion these days.

I also don't have a crystal ball so I couldn't tell you where guys will definitely get drafted or if they will declare for the draft or go back to school. It's all a roll of the dice. Every year people go back and forth about who's getting drafted in what round and every year players rise and fall more than expected.

Edited by Bangarang