What would you want in return in a Sammy Watkins trade ?

HOUSE

Just for the fun of it, what would you want in return in a Sammy Watkins trade ???

Now think this out carefully, you are giving up a 21 year old Sammy Watkins and this could one of the best WR's EVER ..

--

Edited by HOUSE

Lets get one thing straight, I wouldn't trade Sammy Watkins for 3 young ALL- PRO players. 3 number ones ??? NOPE.

A guy like Sammy Watkins comes along, maybe every 20 years. The Browns are stupid and the fans will surely bash the trade down the road for years, the bashing has already started in Cleveland. Stupid,stupid move by the Browns. Its not really their fault, Watkins is better then expected.

Just for the fun of it, what would you want in return for Sammy Watkins ???

I'll try to do it as a one for one trade. Obviously, if we get ridiculous there are a bunch of scenarios that you could create. I am factoring in age as well. Here is the list of players that I would trade Watkins for (1 for 1 and in no particular order):

Yes

-Watt, Luck, Rodgers, Megatron, Russell Wilson, Big Ben, Rivers,

maybe

-Cam, Patrick Perterson, Dez, Matt Ryan, Kaepernick, Stafford, Demaryius, Sherman, Julio, AJ Green,

Probably not

-Suh, Gerald McCoy, Lavonte David, Kuechley, Willis, Jimmy Graham, Julius Thomas, Gronk, Foles, RGIII, Eli, Flacco, Charles, Forte, Lesean McCoy

You would trade Sammy for Russell Wilson ? How much better is he then Kyle Orton ?

Great QB is worth many times more than a great WR or any other position for that matter. Sammy will be long retired when Russell is still playing at a Pro Bowl level and impacting his franchise in far greater ways than any WR could. This stuff should be common sense by now.

Wilson doesn't belong in the group he is being put in. Time will show this.

Wilson has been way better this year than last (I don't care what the stats say). He lost his weapons and has kept his team in games. Their defense went from 1st to 32nd in terms of QB pressure and they are still competing. Russell Wilson will be a great player for a long time.

Wilson has been way better this year than last (I don't care what the stats say). He lost his weapons and has kept his team in games. Their defense went from 1st to 32nd in terms of QB pressure and they are still competing. Russell Wilson will be a great player for a long time.

Exactly.

If you had to choose one player right now in the entire league if you were a, say, expansion team. Luck would be first and Wilson is probably number two, even though guys like Manning and Rodgers are playing at a higher level. Wilson is likely, barring injury, to be an absolute star qb for 10-12 more years.

I don't see elite QB when I watch wilson. Last year they had one of the greatest D's to ever step on the field. This year they may not make the playoffs. I think a lot of their offensive success is play design and smoke and mirrors. The league will catch up with Wilson, just my opinion. Time will tell.

Can't wait for him to get that big contract though, so they lose even more players on that d

Exactly.

If you had to choose one player right now in the entire league if you were a, say, expansion team. Luck would be first and Wilson is probably number two, even though guys like Manning and Rodgers are playing at a higher level. Wilson is likely, barring injury, to be an absolute star qb for 10-12 more years.

You are insane if you take wilson over rogers

I don't see elite QB when I watch wilson. Last year they had one of the greatest D's to ever step on the field. This year they may not make the playoffs. I think a lot of their offensive success is play design and smoke and mirrors. The league will catch up with Wilson, just my opinion. Time will tell.

Can't wait for him to get that big contract though, so they lose even more players on that d

You are insane if you take wilson over rogers

My thinking was that Rodgers is better for 5 years and then gone. Wilson is close for those 5 years and then you have him for 7 more when Rodgers is retired. It's not that I think Wilson is nearly as good right now.

My thinking was that Rodgers is better for 5 years and then gone. Wilson is close for those 5 years and then you have him for 7 more when Rodgers is retired. It's not that I think Wilson is nearly as good right now.

Understandable. I'd take the rest of Rodgers career over pretty much anything. He is just that good.

Also, I find it interesting that anyone with talent on offense can't seem to get along with Russell. Tate gone, Harvin gone, Marshawn on his way out. I guess no one is quite as committed to the game... Give me a break. Anyone see the year that Tate is having?

Also, I find it interesting that anyone with talent on offense can't seem to get along with Russell. Tate gone, Harvin gone, Marshawn on his way out. I guess no one is quite as committed to the game... Give me a break. Anyone see the year that Tate is having?

Tate was sleeping with his wife, Harvin has been in trouble everywhere that he has been and Marshawn is Marshawn. I'd cut you some slack on that but those are some pretty poor examples. That's like saying that people had a hard time playing with TO (as if it wasn't TO's fault).

Just for the fun of it, what would you want in return in a Sammy Watkins trade ???

Now think this out carefully, you are giving up a 21 year old Sammy Watkins and this could one of the best WR's EVER ..

If I was Doug Whaley I say, don't even bother to call.

Why would you create a thread like this then say if you were Whaley you would say don't even bother to call? That doesn't make any sense.

The real question should be would anyone be willing to trade Sammy for two firsts and a 4th right now and I'm guessing most would say no.

I like Sammy as much as anyone but he's 8 games into his career so how about holding off on the he could be one of the best ever talk.

Edited by Max997

Dez is poison. Probably a few more qbs on my list too. And probably watt. Though I love sammys contract in this.

the age and contract probably make me take him over any other WR at this point, right. Only reason I don't go with watt is because if we are talking bringing him on to our specific team, I'd rather keep our current DL and Sammy. Probably would only consider a young franchise QB who can win games by themselves/elevate the production of WRs they are throwing to (vs needing great WRs to elevate their own performance.) Luck, Wilson, Rogers. Edited by YoloinOhio

I'll try to do it as a one for one trade. Obviously, if we get ridiculous there are a bunch of scenarios that you could create. I am factoring in age as well. Here is the list of players that I would trade Watkins for (1 for 1 and in no particular order):

Yes

-Watt, Luck, Rodgers, Megatron, Russell Wilson, Big Ben, Rivers,

maybe

-Cam, Patrick Perterson, Dez, Matt Ryan, Kaepernick, Stafford, Demaryius, Sherman, Julio, AJ Green,

Probably not

-Suh, Gerald McCoy, Lavonte David, Kuechley, Willis, Jimmy Graham, Julius Thomas, Gronk, Foles, RGIII, Eli, Flacco, Charles, Forte, Lesean McCoy

Did you watch Cams last game?

You would trade Sammy for Russell Wilson ? How much better is he then Kyle Orton ?

He has great mobility to avoid sacks and pick up yards with his legs but not in a dangerous way. He's really fast and his body seems averse to injury. Ortons biggest challenge IMO is he has no mobility and with this OL it leads to a lot of sacks.

I didn't want to click on this thread, but I did. Stupid, stupid me. Luck, Rodgers or Wilson. that's it. the first two are no brainers. I watch a lot of Seahawks games and Wilson is electric, engaging and can make big plays with his arm and his legs. He's a natural leader and has a super bowl pedigree. I love Sammy and never want to see him in another uniform, but any FO would be stupid not to listen when offered any top 5 qb for a rookie wr, albeit an incredible one.

What about all the other whispers coming out of the locker room? Something is up

Seattle assembled a bunch of jerks that were devalued because of attitude and wilsons a little preachy probably. I'll take wilsons back between the sides as laid out.

Luck and Rogers are no brainers, but I would take Brady next with his current contract you could still maintain our current roster shore up the O line in the off season and legitimately compete for a Super Bowl championship for the next three or four years. There is no one player on this roster I wouldn't trade for a Lombardi trophy and with the current roster and a couple of half way decent guards Brady could still get you a couple championships.