Updated: The AFC Playoff Picture

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran different scenarios and found that the Bills would still have a shot to make the playoffs if they were to finish 9-7 (assuming they only dropped one of their two big games left against GB & NE). Obviously the Bills would have much better odds if they were to win out, but reallistically they can still afford to lose one more game if each of the other AFC playoff contenders follow these scenarios:

Bengals (8-4-1)- Would have to lose all three remaining games against CLE, DEN and BAL to finish 8-7-1. This seems entirely possible with two of those games on the road, and assuming the Manziel-led Browns win at home this week.

Chargers (8-5)- Would also have to lose all three remaining games to finish 8-8. They host DEN this week which will be a big game, then they travel to SF and KC. I believe they're too good to not win at least one more game. But, you never know.

Chiefs (7-6)- Would have to lose to both OAK and PIT the next two weeks and then beat SD at home in Week 17 to finish 8-8. The Raiders winning on the road this week would be huge.

Dolphins (7-6)- Would have to lose at NE this week and then split their final two games against MIN and NYJ to finish 8-8. They do own the tie-breaker against us.

Texans (7-6)- Would have to lose next two games against IND and BAL to finish 8-8 at best.

As I'm sure it's been mentioned before, both the Steelers and Ravens winning out would give the Bills their best shot. Both of these teams currently have the edge on the rest of the AFC North. I know, it's a major stretch to hope that all of these teams finish .500 and see the Bills sneak in at 9-7. But our chances would go up significantly this week if...

We beat the Packers at home + a KC loss + a CIN loss + a SD loss = Suddenly we're right back in the hunt

How does Miami own a tie-breaker over us?

@BuffRumblings

Who should #Bills fans root for this week? We've got the list. http://sbnation.com/e/7117012

The Buffalo Bills have a lot of ways left to make the playoffs, but they need a win on Sunday over the Green Bay Packers. They don't control their own destiny and none of them are especially probable, but the possibilities exist. Here are the games that will matter the most in descending order of importance.

You can pretty much forget getting into the playoffs at 9-7.

@JoeBuscaglia

If the #Bills only win two of their three final games, they have a 0.1% chance of making the playoffs according to http://SportsClubStats.com

@JoeBuscaglia

If the #Bills go 10-6? 41.8% chance of making the playoffs.

Facts hate the Bills and are the reason they couldn't make the playoffs.