Kraig Urbik appears to have been freed

The Big Cat

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All-22 showed the left side has been CONSISTENTLY befuddled by stunts since week 3.

Only when the right side wasn't.

GO BILLS!!!

I wonder if they try to get Kujo into the RG spot after the break

Don't know about Kujo, but I look for a revolving door of guards to be brought in during the break.

GO BILLS!!!

I wonder why Urbik wasn't moved to RG, his old position, and Erik Pears moved to the left. Traditionally, the right side of the line is run blocking (power) while the left is pass blocking (blindside protectors). Pears has the feet/build of a tackle. He should be moved to the LG position, playing between Glenn and Wood.

Glenn - Pears - Wood - Urbik - Henderson

Edited by JayBaller10

Problem is Urbik was starting at LG when it started during the SD game so he might not be the answer either...

Urbik hasn't started a game this year, much less at LG (he's played RG so far with the Bills).

I wonder why Urbik wasn't moved to RG, his old position, and Erik Pears moved to the left. Traditionally, the right side of the line is run blocking (power) while the left is pass blocking (blindside protectors). Pears has the feet/build of a tackle. He should be moved to the LG position, playing between Glenn and Wood.

Glenn - Pears - Wood - Urbik - Henderson

Probably because moving Pears again likely would make things worse for him.

Urbik hasn't started a game this year, much less at LG (he's played RG so far with the Bills).

Probably because moving Pears again likely would make things worse for him.

urbik didn't start the SD game but he played LG a ton, after CW went out. He was at LG most of the game.

urbik didn't start the SD game but he played LG a ton, after CW went out. He was at LG most of the game.

Good point. However getting the starting reps and coming in cold off the bench are two different things.

They could have flipped a coin because both are playing awful. My guess is since its the blindside, it makes more sense to try Urbik there and shore up that side first.

Maybe we see CK in a few weeks for Pears if his poor play continues

Interesting which side they picked to upgrade.

finally !

Our O line is horrid even Glenn is falling down the rabbit hole.

very sad reflection on the coaches this year.

But i think moving him into the lg postion might have been for Ortons sake and properly thought out.

Certainly not helping me feel better about the position move. What first brought him to LG with this group? Just that pears beat him out at right?

Certainly not helping me feel better about the position move. What first brought him to LG with this group? Just that pears beat him out at right?

not sure other than in TC, once Glenn came back, they moved Seantrel to RT and rather than benching Pears, they replaced Urbik at RG with him instead. When CW got hurt Urbik got the in-game look but then at Houston, they decided to give Cyril the start there instead.

either PFF does not know how to Grade players or the Bills, especially Marone and Morris seriously have something against Urbik's style or something in his personality.

He is on the PFF All AFC-East team for 2013

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/20/2013-pff-all-afc-east-team/

while I agree with everyone that urbik should start at one of the OG positions based on the alternative, PFF isn't the most accurate measurement of performance for OL in particular because I don't know how they could have knowledge of their blocking assignments (per player grade).