Week 8 Predictions: Bills @ Jets

YoloinOhio

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't win if they turn the ball over like they have been recently. Maybe that trend will change. Jets have won 7 of the last 10 and Bills haven't won in Jersey since 2009 I believe. However, I think they will be up for this game and being the homer I am predict Bills 24 Jets 17. Defense wins it for us. Cheers :beer:

I think the Jets are better than their record suggests and I believe they are a better coached team than the Bills. Nonetheless, I think Orton and company will outscore one of the worst offensive units in the league. Bills, 20-13. Jets boo-birds will be out in full force by the end of this one.

There is no way the Bills can win this game if they play like the team that's shown up the past two weeks--bad penalties, poor O-line play, and turnovers.

All of these suggest a poorly coached team. Geno tends to play better at home as well.

The Bills' offense could be dynamic if the O-line could pass protect and create holes for the RBs. If it doesn't happen this week, the only way the Bills can win is if Schwartz's D keeps the Jets to < 13 points. I doubt the offense will breakout against the Jets D. The Bills lose 20 - 13.

I agree with you about this. If the Bills play is sloppy, the Jets will win this game.

I have a feeling that this game will get away from one team, or the other.

Geno has a great day. Rex/Mornhinweg out-coaches us. Their defense plays like rabid, cornered animals. Our run game falters. Orton gets sacked six times. Glenn's arms fall off.

--OR--

Geno craps the bed. Dixon/Brown exceed expectations. Orton to Watkins/Woods/Hogan/Chandler/etc. We shut down their run game. Jets fans boo.

Whoever wins does so by a significant margin.

I just feel it. I know I shouldn't but I do. I think the Jets are a hell of a lot better then this score will represent and I think I am a little crazy to say so because it is a lot of optimism. I see us hitting on all cylinders to blow this one up.

35-13. Buffalo.

Prediction: Jets will beat Bills

By Mike Rodak | ESPN.com

My prediction: Jets 17, Bills 13

Prediction: Jets will beat Bills

By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

Prediction: Jets 20, Bills 16

Week 8 NFL Picks: Seahawks, Bengals look to get back to their winning ways

jets-bills-week-8.jpg

So Percy Harvin says he’s "definitely not a perfect person," and when he puts it that way, it sounds like he’ll be an ideal fit for the imperfect Jets. New York is as flawed a team as any this season, and with a league-leading six-game losing streak, the Jets have the results to back it up. And I like Jets general manager John Idzik, but I’d be careful if I were him to not be throwing around phrases like "a potential coup." Could give people ideas... Bad ideas, at least in terms of his current employment status. Let’s let Harvin play a game or two in green and white and then decide if he’s coup material. If you thought there was pressure on Geno Smith before, just let him fail to get Harvin the ball sufficiently enough and see how the trade pans out at that point.

I think the Jets are better than their record suggests and I believe they are a better coached team than the Bills. Nonetheless, I think Orton and company will outscore one of the worst offensive units in the league. Bills, 20-13. Jets boo-birds will be out in full force by the end of this one.

I'm looking forward to this!

There is no way the Bills can win this game if they play like the team that's shown up the past two weeks--bad penalties, poor O-line play, and turnovers.

All of these suggest a poorly coached team. Geno tends to play better at home as well.

The Bills' offense could be dynamic if the O-line could pass protect and create holes for the RBs. If it doesn't happen this week, the only way the Bills can win is if Schwartz's D keeps the Jets to < 13 points. I doubt the offense will breakout against the Jets D. The Bills lose 20 - 13.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. I'm having a hard time shaking the Bills performance from the last 2 weeks. They've been awful. I think that they lose this week 20-10.

I'll say it: overall since he joined the Jets, Sexy Rexy has p'wned us and I don't see Marrone/Hackett as the guys to outcoach him and break that trend.

I wish I did.

I'm not all the way there, but I almost feel like they already have broken that trend based on last year. The bills were competitive in the first game and in my opinion probably would have won with any warm body not named Justin Rodgers playing corner, and then completely dominated the jets in the second matchup. I also believe that the bills are better this year than they were last, while the jets are worse. Being a road division game I don't expect it to be easy, but I am expecting a win here. 24-17 bills.

I think Bills have the emotional edge because they are underdogs to a 1-6 team in the division. If Jets were dogs I might feel differently. If Orton plays error free, which I think is coming and Hackett continues to evolve the passing game with Sammy thats a huge plus. Bills defense destroyed them last game in Buffalo-34-7 in third. Some people are putting a lot on the Rex Ryan is a wizard and will beat Bills. I disagree, Bills win 24-10 by winning the turnover battle over Geno and the Jets. 5 and 3 into the bye week, mark it down.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. I'm having a hard time shaking the Bills performance from the last 2 weeks. They've been awful. I think that they lose this week 20-10.

I tend to agree. I've been saying all along that skill player talent won't win the match up against a dominant DL when your OL is below average. The two teams have many similarities. They both have weak OLs, DBs and QBs and both have strong DLs. I think the Jets DL is probably a little better than ours (more physical) while we have the edge at QB and maybe DB. OLs are equally bad. We need both sides of our line to have big days and to control the line of scrimmage. If so, we win handily. If not, it will be a long day. Jets at home will be able to run the ball and we give up too many big plays and soft penalties. Jet 24 Bills 10. I really hope I'm wrong!