Week 8 Predictions: Bills @ Jets

YoloinOhio

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a bad feeling about this game. The Jets have always played us well during the Rex Ryan era and I think they are better than people give them credit for (almost won @NE and practically should have won @GB). Not to mention the fact that they are at home and coming off 10 days rest. But, in order to keep my true Bills fan status: Bills 20 Jets 17.

Bad feeling about this one too. Say what you will about the Jets but they usually have good game plan against the Bills going in. That coupled with the extra time to prepare, I could see a let down. 30-14 Jets.

I feel the same way. The Bills have looked like crap the last 5 games. They are lucky to be 4-3. I think the Bills are coming into a buzz saw situation which a young team with poor coaching won't be ready to deal with. The Jet players love Rex and this is the game they will throw everything at the Bills to win it for their coach. If the Bills had better coaching that could get their players up to match the intensity they'll face, then I'd pick the Bills. I just don't see that happening.

Bad feeling about this one too. Say what you will about the Jets but they usually have good game plan against the Bills going in. That coupled with the extra time to prepare, I could see a let down. 30-14 Jets.

I'll say it: overall since he joined the Jets, Sexy Rexy has p'wned us and I don't see Marrone/Hackett as the guys to outcoach him and break that trend.

I wish I did.

First down and tackling will be the key on defense. Per ESPN:

Chris Ivory had a season-high 107 rushing yards on 21 attempts on Thursday. Most of his damage came between the tackles, where he had 78 yards and a touchdown on 18 attempts. On the night, Ivory had 56 yards after contact, his second-highest total on the season. Ivory ranks first in the NFL with 2.68 yards after contact per rush this season.-- Chris Ivory had 10 rushes for 54 yards on first down. Coming into the game, Ivory ranked second in the NFL with 5.75 yards per rushing attempt on 36 first-down rushes. Since the start of last season, Geno Smith's 15 turnovers on 1st down is the most in the NFL ahead of Eli Manning with 14. Geno also has a 55 percent completion percentage on 1st down which is the worst in the NFL.

There is no way the Bills can win this game if they play like the team that's shown up the past two weeks--bad penalties, poor O-line play, and turnovers.

All of these suggest a poorly coached team. Geno tends to play better at home as well.

The Bills' offense could be dynamic if the O-line could pass protect and create holes for the RBs. If it doesn't happen this week, the only way the Bills can win is if Schwartz's D keeps the Jets to < 13 points. I doubt the offense will breakout against the Jets D. The Bills lose 20 - 13.