Hey, we won!

I never feel like this but the bar has been raised. This were wins we celebrated under Jauron. This SHOULD be a playoff team. We shouldn't have to rally to beat a terrible Vikes team.

Our talent is playoff caliber but out coaches, QB, and oline aren't. Those are real problems and to just ignore them because the Vikes are terrible is a mistake. George Freakin' Edwards shut us down. That's a major concern going forward.

I hate not being a homer anymore but we shouldn't be happy with this. This was one of the worst Ws I've experienced. This team shouldn't have to have victories like that. Expect more and stop settling.

Every game doesn't have to be an indicator of future outcomes. Sometimes you just gotta take a deep breath, smile, and know you've lived to fight another day.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never feel like this but the bar has been raised. This were wins we celebrated under Jauron. This SHOULD be a playoff team. We shouldn't have to rally to beat a terrible Vikes team.

Our talent is playoff caliber but out coaches, QB, and oline aren't. Those are real problems and to just ignore them because the Vikes are terrible is a mistake. George Freakin' Edwards shut us down. That's a major concern going forward.

I hate not being a homer anymore but we shouldn't be happy with this. This was one of the worst Ws I've experienced. This team shouldn't have to have victories like that. Expect more and stop settling.

im with you on this one CB. I was sitting in the end zone miserable all game. Felt like I was back years ago when I watched the Bills and Browns fight it out to a 6-3 game. I was hoping for a loss that game and continued losses until they fired Juron and I was hoping for the same today.

This coaching staff is terrible. Why wasn't Bryce Brown active again? Why was Mike Williams active but only saw the field about 5-10 plays? Why was Mario and Dareus constantly off the field? I couldn't count how many times Mario was not on the field today. It felt like the entire 2nd half he didn't get on the field until it was 3rd down. Unacceptable IMO. Your $100m DE not on the field for 60% of defensive snaps.

This was a very ugly win. The defense gave up big plays throughout the game. The offensive line is putrid. The running game still sucks. The QB made terrible plays like throwing off his back foot no where near a WR. Like trying to throw the ball while a defender has a grasp of your jersey on your throwing arm side. Like not getting rid of the ball when he needs to and taking multiple sacks all game.

The only reason why they won this game is because the Vikings had to keep giving us as many chances as possible. Yet every time we failed to do anything. The fact that we won this game only hurts is for draft possition.

Oh wait...

It happened against the Bears and Lions as well.

I consider this a mark of how this season is different than the ones we've recently seen. We have gotten so used to blowing games at the last moment. Normally WE are the side which allows an 80 yard touchdown drive for the win with no time left. Whatever fair criticisms which come up otherwise, this is one that has been fixed so far this year.

Edited by Whitewalker Merriman

im with you on this one CB. I was sitting in the end zone miserable all game. Felt like I was back years ago when I watched the Bills and Browns fight it out to a 6-3 game. I was hoping for a loss that game and continued losses until they fired Juron and I was hoping for the same today.

This coaching staff is terrible. Why wasn't Bryce Brown active again? Why was Mike Williams active but only saw the field about 5-10 plays? Why was Mario and Dareus constantly off the field? I couldn't count how many times Mario was not on the field today. It felt like the entire 2nd half he didn't get on the field until it was 3rd down. Unacceptable IMO. Your $100m DE not on the field for 60% of defensive snaps.

This was a very ugly win. The defense gave up big plays throughout the game. The offensive line is putrid. The running game still sucks. The QB made terrible plays like throwing off his back foot no where near a WR. Like trying to throw the ball while a defender has a grasp of your jersey on your throwing arm side. Like not getting rid of the ball when he needs to and taking multiple sacks all game.

The only reason why they won this game is because the Vikings had to keep giving us as many chances as possible. Yet every time we failed to do anything. The fact that we won this game only hurts is for draft possition.

Oh wait...

Why wasn't Bryce Brown active? Didn't Marrone foresee long two RBs in fifteen minutes? Bad coach. :blink: Lots to complain about. Not this.

I was waiting for a flag to fly against the Bills on the winning TD. I couldn't believe that the refs didn't snatch that win from us. It's a good day for Bills fans!

Or say Sammy was out. On replay it wasn't totally clear he had possession when he had two feet down.

Oh wait...

How many RB's do you want to carry?

Every game doesn't have to be an indicator of future outcomes. Sometimes you just gotta take a deep breath, smile, and know you've lived to fight another day.

Excellent post. Every week is 100% different. You get a win playing like crap thats a bonus. You think the pats are looking back at that Oakland game now? Theyre laughing it off.

I don't know. How any kickers should we carry?

Fair point. But lets be real, if we didnt carry the extra kicker, the other player we'd carry wouldnt be another RB so the point is moot.

Yeah, it wasn't pretty. It also wasn't pretty for NE to have to beat the Jets on a missed 2pt conversion and a blocked field goal nor was it pretty for them to barely beat Oakland. At the end of the day, a win is a win and if we end up making the playoffs by a game will anyone really look back and say "yeah, but we really shouldn't be in the playoffs because we won that ugly game back in October against the Vikings"?

Edited by Talley56

The mark of a winner isn't blowing teams out, and running away with the game. Good teams will have occasional games like that, but they aren't to be relied on.

The mark of a winner is overcoming poor play and adversity, and finding a way to win those ugly battles. That's the difference between a team that's 6-10 or 7-9 and a team that's 10-6 or 9-7.

This team has finally learned to believe in themselves, and has learned how to win.

That's a good thing.

That last drive must have been a heart breaker for you.

Why? I went ecstatic on that play and almost put a hole in my wall in excitement!

Oh, wait...let me guess...you are one of those that if you don't think Orton is good you must be some EJ homer right? Grow up dude. Both aren't very good. I don't care who our QB is, I care about winning. I love that we won today, but being happy about a win does not overwrite 3 glaringly large problems for this team, all on offense...Hackett, OL, and QB in that order. I don't care about one come back against a bad team, I care about making the playoffs. I don't care who gets us there...but don't sit here and act like I want us to lose because I have an agenda against a player. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE Orton to be good. But being honest about his performance, the OL, and Hackett does not mean I want them to fail. So sick of these stupid comments.

When people have no logic to defend then man crushes they post stuff like what you just said.

The mark of a winner isn't blowing teams out, and running away with the game. Good teams will have occasional games like that, but they aren't to be relied on.

The mark of a winner is overcoming poor play and adversity, and finding a way to win those ugly battles. That's the difference between a team that's 6-10 or 7-9 and a team that's 10-6 or 9-7.

This team has finally learned to believe in themselves, and has learned how to win.

That's a good thing.

All true...but you left one out.

The mark of winner is not having to overcome terrible penalties, terrible turnovers, bad play calling, and subpar play week after week. At some point, you play good. We haven't played well on offense since week 2.

Edited by Alphadawg7

The mark of winner is not having to overcome terrible penalties, terrible turnovers, bad play calling, and subpar play week after week. At some point, you play good. We haven't played well on offense since week 2.

All good teams have to overcome that stuff. That's football.

We'll have our share of good games. Playoff teams manage to find a way to win their bad ones. We are doing that.

The old Bills have a history of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. It's nice to see it the other way around for once.

They've been doing it all year---Bears, Lions, Vikings.....come to think of it, maybe we just need to keep playing the NFC North teams, lol

http://vikingsmessag...27842&start=330

Here's a link to a Vikes board game thread. They are all slapping each other on the back for almost beating the Bills....... :rolleyes:

Who am I kidding? You know what they are saying. :lol: Hard to say who's more upset with the game, though. :cry:

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Promo... the throngs have gotten greedy, everybody used to be happy if we won. Now it's how we win which is nonsense.

right, as if we are perennial playoff team and can just check off wins to teams with one less win than we have

Why? I went ecstatic on that play and almost put a hole in my wall in excitement!

Oh, wait...let me guess...you are one of those that if you don't think Orton is good you must be some EJ homer right? Grow up dude. Both aren't very good. I don't care who our QB is, I care about winning. I love that we won today, but being happy about a win does not overwrite 3 glaringly large problems for this team, all on offense...Hackett, OL, and QB in that order. I don't care about one come back against a bad team, I care about making the playoffs. I don't care who gets us there...but don't sit here and act like I want us to lose because I have an agenda against a player. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE Orton to be good. But being honest about his performance, the OL, and Hackett does not mean I want them to fail. So sick of these stupid comments.

When people have no logic to defend then man crushes they post stuff like what you just said.

the mark of a winner is the mark in the win column.

I think I may quit this board because of this kind of belief system.

I was there in 1988-1994 when things were awesome. This team ain't them.

But to dump on a WIN any way possible?

Losertown USA in my book.