Marrone said they will look at everything to get running game going...

Sal Maiorana

@salmaiorana

Yes. RT @slcrubes: @salmaiorana What happened to Urbik? Is he really worse than Richardson and Pears?

So there you have it.

I can not believe that is true, wasn't Urbik a mainstay at guard under Gailey? There is no way Pears is better at playing a position like that than Urbik who was playing it for years as a starter, is there?

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can not believe that is true, wasn't Urbik a mainstay at guard under Gailey? There is no way Pears is better at playing a position like that than Urbik who was playing of years a starter, is there?

I'm with you. I find it impossibly hard to believe.

1. Play Urbik to RG

2. Deactivate Lee Smith

3. Move Pears into Smith's blocking TE/penalty collector role

4. Activate Bryce Brown

5. Play Dixon in the role CJ is playing when they run into the line.

6. Play Fred like they did against Lions and spell him with Brown

6. Use CJ as decoy/gadget/screen/sweep type role ONLY and KOR

Perfect....agree!

And...

I would like to see the Bills run some 4 WR sets. I think this would open up passing lanes and room for the RBs and would put the most amount of playmakers on the field at once.

Edited by Manther

They need to find a way to get Urbik out there at guard. You have limited potential upgrades on your roster right now. And Urbik is one of the upgrades you possibly could get. I would also deactivate Spiller and use Bryce Brown. Brown and Urbik over Pears and Spiller could be two moves that help the offense. Defensively getting the team coached up better and Aaron Williams back from injury could help the secondary bounce back.

But offensively you need to look at Urbik at guard and get Spiller out of there in favor of Brown.

Urbik played well enough in training camp to get roster slot which is very odd. I understand he is backup center and they tried other players at center. It appears the fear of injury to starting center is hampering their ability to build a solid line. Urbik needs to take one for the team and start blowing snaps in practice.

I have to wonder if they are worried that Eric Wood will go down and have nobody to adequately replace him if they start Urbik at RG. Pears or Urbik we are talking about players who should be backups.

Going on two years now to replace Levitre, and Chris Williams wasn't the answer either.

I have to question this Nix type idea of size is better, so lets bring in anyone over 6'5'' 325 lbs. Then they can't seem to get enough push in the run game even having a 30 lb advantage. I'd rather see more athletic players in there that can block on the line or twenty yards down field. Those porkers should be able to move that LoS five yards.

Lastly, I can recall Mike Holmgren running a RB practice toss sweep play, and he must have had them run it 30 times until they got it right three times in a row. I don't watch Bills practices but I gotta wonder if this coaching staff makes them work until they get it right (doubtful), or as a "players coach" its always a light walkthru. I really have to question this coaching staff, and their ability to get that O line working.

I have to wonder if they are worried that Eric Wood will go down and have nobody to adequately replace him if they start Urbik at RG. Pears or Urbik we are talking about players who should be backups.

Going on two years now to replace Levitre, and Chris Williams wasn't the answer either.

I have to question this Nix type idea of size is better, so lets bring in anyone over 6'5'' 325 lbs. Then they can't seem to get enough push in the run game even having a 30 lb advantage. I'd rather see more athletic players in there that can block on the line or twenty yards down field. Those porkers should be able to move that LoS five yards.

Lastly, I can recall Mike Holmgren running a RB practice toss sweep play, and he must have had them run it 30 times until they got it right three times in a row. I don't watch Bills practices but I gotta wonder if this coaching staff makes them work until they get it right (doubtful), or as a "players coach" its always a light walkthru. I really have to question this coaching staff, and their ability to get that O line working.

This idea that Urbik can't be the back-up center and play guard at the same time is absurd. Levitre was the back-up LT for two years. If wood gets hurt then Urbik moves to center and pears plays RG. How hard is that. Pears is the perfect swing G-T extra TE to dress on Sunday. Marrone looks like an idiot when he says stuff like this.

This idea that Urbik can't be the back-up center and play guard at the same time is absurd. Levitre was the back-up LT for two years. If wood gets hurt then Urbik moves to center and pears plays RG. How hard is that. Pears is the perfect swing G-T extra TE to dress on Sunday. Marrone looks like an idiot when he says stuff like this.

He says stuff like this to mask whatever the real reason is that he is doing something, which we do not know.

I believe Marrone doesn't want to bench Pears because he, then, would feel obligated to give him his old job back as a RT and doesn't want to because he knows Henderson is the guy at RT looking forward.

Don't know if that makes sense.

I believe Marrone doesn't want to bench Pears because he, then, would feel obligated to give him his old job back as a RT and doesn't want to because he knows Henderson is the guy at RT looking forward.

Don't know if that makes sense.

it does make some sense, but Marrone should also know he may not even be here to see Henderson grow into that if he doesn't win now. And I don't know About being obligated to either Pears or Henderson. One could easily be cut and the other was a 7th rd pick.