Orton is mediocre

papazoid

Might be the dumbest thing I've read yet. If he didn't want to play football, why has he started the past two games for the Bills? Did that celebration at the end of the Detroit game look like a guy with no passion that doesn't want to play football? How about when Orton kicked the punt team off the field and converted on that 4th down bomb? Even if he was just in it for the paycheck, why not just pull a Michael Vick and willfully sabotage yourself so that you ensure you'll never see the field again? He wanted out of Dallas because he wanted the opportunity to compete as a starting quarterback in the NFL.

Yeah he wanted to compete. Thats why he signed as soon as camp was over He pulled a Farve without the talent and is now schooling us for 11 million

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sit back and enjoy Bills fans, the fans called for Orton, you've got him. We will perhaps make a road Wild Card (at best) but more likely go around.500 and have no first rounder. Awesome.

I don't get this post. What? We'd be better off going 4-12 with Manuel and no first rounder? At least with Orton we stay in the hunt and avoid the ugliness of a full-fledged player revolt.

Defending Orton is a bit silly to me. The team is supposed to be a run first and play good defense. So far he has cost the team just as many points as he has generated. If not for a miraculous catch by watkins his 300 yards against Detroit would have been meaningless.

Yes he is more accurate with the ball. But the team is no better with him at QB.

Can he get better with more time with the starters? I hope. He probably is still a better option than EJ for the next few games but he is not even average at this point. Posters asked for average play not critical turnovers and horrible sacks.

Defending Orton is a bit silly to me. The team is supposed to be a run first and play good defense. So far he has cost the team just as many points as he has generated. If not for a miraculous catch by watkins his 300 yards against Detroit would have been meaningless.

Yes he is more accurate with the ball. But the team is no better with him at QB.

Can he get better with more time with the starters? I hope. He probably is still a better option than EJ for the next few games but he is not even average at this point. Posters asked for average play not critical turnovers and horrible sacks.

Critical turnovers? Like ones at the end of the game in a 2 minute drill?

I don't think anyone has any idea what average QB play looks like.

Edited by FireChan

I don't get this post. What? We'd be better off going 4-12 with Manuel and no first rounder? At least with Orton we stay in the hunt and avoid the ugliness of a full-fledged player revolt.

Only those who think KO is better than EJ assume 4-12

+1

+1

the KO bandaid will not fix this team long term.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Please provide a breakdown on how exactly this is even remotely true?

Also, Waktins can only make the catch if the ball is thrown to him and how many rushing yards have they gained in the past 2 weeks with run first team?

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

Please provide a breakdown on how exactly this is even remotely true?

Also, Waktins can only make the catch if the ball is thrown to him and how many rushing yards have they gained in the past 2 weeks with run first team?

Because when Orton drives all the way to the 2 and Freddy runs it in, Orton did nothing for those points.

Yeah he wanted to compete. Thats why he signed as soon as camp was over He pulled a Farve without the talent and is now schooling us for 11 million

Actually, yes. If you wanted to gauge your best opportunity to land a starting position, it makes sense to let preseason play out and see which team has the greatest need at QB. Seems to have worked out well for Orton, no? Starting QB on a relatively talented team in the playoff hunt.

Because when Orton drives all the way to the 2 and Freddy runs it in, Orton did nothing for those points.

lol. exactly. and am i the only one who has noticed how we seem to be scoring TDs now inside of the redzone? I think we're 4 of 5 (and 4 of our last 4) under Orton.

Who cares, Orton is still the best option right now. This offense is moving better with Orton and you don't see the frustration in the receivers like you did when EJ was in.

Orton's numbers would have been great had WRs not taken chippy stupid penalties. And we would have scored more points. Defense got blown up in this game, plain and simple. Not having Aaron Williams was a killer vs. Pats TEs. Helluva game not to have AW. But Pats do that to pretty much everyone. We will see, Brady can't do everything and they are getting pretty banged up. We came out healthy I think.

It's a long season.

Edited by 8and8Forever

Actually, yes. If you wanted to gauge your best opportunity to land a starting position, it makes sense to let preseason play out and see which team has the greatest need at QB. Seems to have worked out well for Orton, no? Starting QB on a relatively talented team in the playoff hunt.

lol. exactly. and am i the only one who has noticed how we seem to be scoring TDs now inside of the redzone? I think we're 4 of 5 (and 4 of our last 4) under Orton.

Plus the 2 point conversion

the KO bandaid will not fix this team long term.

I think you should take solace in the fact that KO is not setting the bar very high and if EJ can get his confidence it will be easy for him to get on the field. I think very few people consider KO a long term solution, but with ownership changing and our front office slashing each others and the players throats right now, I suggest looking for EJ on the field will wait until we're out of the playoff race this year or possibly next year.

That was the key thing for me. When we traded for Sammy, we kissed the "let players develop, then we'll play for the draft pick" theory goodbye. No reason to take a 4-12 or 6-10 over the chance at an 8-8 or (a stretch) even a 9-7 and a shot at a playoff spot. Orton IS mediocre! That's why he's playing; the other guy sucks!

this team is still plagued with below average QB play.

Orton Passer Rating: 20th (EJ 28th)

Orton Total QBR: 31st (EJ 33rd)

Orton is playing better than EJ, but that ain't saying much.

Orton better take advantage of the upcoming so called easier games.

dahhhh!

Orton is the best QB I have seen in awhile for the Bills. I felt we really had a passing game yesterday. Mistakes? Yes, taking the sack, the pick, etc. I get those. He is knocking off the rust. The game yesterday? We were out coached. We have the talent on this roster. Our D got worn down in the first half.

That being said, we are what our record states. I want to see six more wins.

Agree due to turnovers leaving the D on the field too much.

Agree due to turnovers leaving the D on the field too much.

Time of possession was NE 30:20 Bills 29:40

they were not on the field that long they shot themselves in the foot with blown coverages in long yardage situations and stupid penalties