Positives for the Bills

1.) Orton looks light years better than Manuel and can actually lead a competent NFL offense and can throw for 300 yards

2.) Jerry Hughes is becoming an elite pass rusher and we basically stole him from the Colts

3.) Special teams coverage has been great all year and has not made any glaring mistakes.

4.) We have young WR talent all over the roster and they will continue to get better as they gain more experience and become more in sync with Orton.

5.) We are actually pretty healthy 6 games into the season for the first time in a long time.

5.) Our Next 4 games: At home vs 1-5 Vikes, at 1-5 Jets, bye, 2-3 Kansas City at home, and at 2-3 Miami. With that schedule we can easily go 3-1 and perhaps even 4-0. We are better than all of those teams.

I know it sucks to lose to the Pats, especially at home in what seemed like a winnable game, but we are still 3-3 and very much in contention for a good season. We are going into the easier part of our schedule and this is time for us to get some wins and make the last part of the season actually count for something.

Run D held up, Hogan and Woods looked real nice, Orton gave you the production that you expected out of him. and Chandler came alive. Hughes looked real good too. Also this team hung in there. Defense held the team together in the 1st half and the offense kept the team in there during the second half. Keep in mind it was a 8 point game with 7 minutes left and there was a 3rd and 16 early in that drive. Despite a negative 3 turnover margin it was a 6 point game at the half.

Had they gotten the ball back at that moment they would have had most likely decent field position with 5ish minutes left on the clock down 8 (And I think we had all of our timeouts too). The defense just gave out in the second half and in particular on that last drive the Pats* scored on. The game was much more competitive that it really should have been. 1 score game with 7 minutes left? Its should have been well out of reach by then.

Edited by billsfan89

Had they gotten the ball back at that moment they would have had most likely decent field position with 5ish minutes left on the clock down 8 (And I think we had all of our timeouts too). The defense just gave out in the second half and in particular on that last drive the Pats* scored on. The game was much more competitive that it really should have been. 1 score game with 7 minutes left? Its should have been well out of reach by then.

Tell that to the few that said if ej started we would have won this game. If ej plays in this game we would have been lucky to score 10.

• Couldn't tell for sure, but it looked like Sammy was getting separation early and often on Revis.
  • Sammy is the fast and physical WR that is ideal to go up against Revis.
  • The problem was more likely Orton refused to look at Revis side of the field.
  • But this bodes well for the future because it's correctable.

Let's analyze what's been working for us.

Can I play that motivational clip at my next regional sales meeting? Cool with HR? Just sayin.

Thanks for the laugh.

It was too bad as I could only listen to the game on Sirius (my oldest was trying out for D1 college lax team- damn fatherhood stuff :-) ), but it sounded like our defense held up until towards the end of the game when they were on the field too long.

God I hate losing to the Patsies more than anyone, but with Orton we have a better shot at winning the next four games. You can't give up. We could be 7-3 in a month from now. After that we have Oakland and Cleveland. That is a scenario where we finish 9-7. We just have to beat one of these other tough teams to finish 10-6. I would take that even if it doesn't give us a wildcard as it means we are progressing as a team. I need something to look forward to with this team. Once I write them off for the year each year for the last 14 years which it usually takes til about week 9, it is just depressing for the remainder of the year.

We were fine other than penalties and turnovers.

This is what I took away. They were absolutely game/drive/play killers. -3 yesterday, didn't get a TO from the Pats*. The penalties in the Secondary were the most destructive. And I think all of this caused them to go away from the running game. The Bills can't make mistakes like that and expect to win games against good teams.

We also destroyed them in number of turnovers. Hell, we held them to zero!

In the NFL, turnover margins decide games. Every team has a 70 or 80 yard drive or two every game, but the number of short field 20 and 40 yard drives decide who wins. Take away the Pats turnover points and the game is tied. If Hughes strips Brady and Orton hangs on, thats like 60 to 80 yards of field position change, maybe more. its all about turnovers. offensive penalties on otherwise positive plays are a close second, and Bills had a 3 of those that killed them. All good, Jets and Vikings next. Go get some wins.