Who is the HC Next Year

RyanC883

Who is Bills HC Next Year (assuming no playoffs)   

202 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Bills HC Next Year--Not who you want, but who you think.

• Marrone gets another year
    • Schwartz
    • Frank Reich
    • Rex Ryan
    • Nate Hackett (had to)
    • Harbaugh
    • Someone else (list choice in comments)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

works hard at what? Is he still out on the field in practice working with that O line? :sick:

Ever hear the nickname "the greatest show on turf"? Dick Vermeil was the HC of the Eagles from 76-82, and got them to a SB and lost. Retired from the NFL, as he said he wanted to do something else. Then spent the next 15 years in broadcasting, announcing for CBS &

Yeah, I read the first response. So the right answer is ....one.

I'm not anti-Cowher, I just don't think that will happen.

Marrone will be the head coach of this team if he is better then 5 wins.

Yeah, again I already mentioned that I expect Marrone to be kept, my question is assuming the remote possibility that he is let go.

Yeah, I read the first response. So the right answer is ....one.

I'm not anti-Cowher, I just don't think that will happen.

Yeah, again I already mentioned that I expect Marrone to be kept, my question is assuming the remote possibility that he is let go.

Fred Jackson. That'd be cool.

Someone mentioned that they think Pegula will want consistency (my "quote" function doesn't seem to work any more) - well, he's got that now - what's more consistent than a 15 season losing streak? Pegula decidedly does not need consistency.....Between his two teams, they're on an incredibly consistent losing streak.....he really needs to shake things up...be disruptive as they say nowadays.

Someone mentioned that they think Pegula will want consistency (my "quote" function doesn't seem to work any more) - well, he's got that now - what's more consistent than a 15 season losing streak? Pegula decidedly does not need consistency.....Between his two teams, they're on an incredibly consistent losing streak.....he really needs to shake things up...be disruptive as they say nowadays.

I would love it if Pegula pursued some big names and went all out recruiting a top candidate like they did when they went to Saskatchewan to convince Regher to agree to sign and trade.

Let's see, they hired up-and-coming Tim Murray as GM but brought back a retread from the 90's as coach. Marv Levy is too old now, so maybe they bring back the last coach to take the Bills to the playoffs, Wade Phillips. The hiring would be contingent on Phillips agreeing to wear a headset and to hire legit NFL experienced assistant coaches.

Please stop with the Cowher talk. Its obvious he has no desire to coach again for the sake of coaching. I want a guy who's still hungry. I'd like to give Marrone a longer chance, but I think its time for Hackett to go. I don't think Marrone will be down with that.

I said 'who?' when Marrone was hired and laughed (the laugh all Bills fans know) when Hackett was announced as the OC, but gave them the benefit of the doubt last year. I saw some positive signs. This year defense has won us games - offense has regressed. What's frustrating is that we have talent to make the playoffs. It could still happen and then of course Marrone stays. But if not, i still see this organization (even after Pegula steps in) giving Marrone another year.

You can't get the best hire with no first round pick. No one will take this job if we finish say 6-10 or 7-9. If we wanted to clean house.

Marrone should be back along with Whaley in an attempt to salvage a potential mess (I still have hope we win division but have a feeling we'll be 9-6 going into NE week 17 in a winner takes it game...and...well...)..

But Marrone must fire Hackett and Morris. Own up to your failures like Garrett did in Dallas. Get an OC that has a clue and turn the Oline over to him and his guy.

Edited by Big Blitz

I would love it if Pegula pursued some big names and went all out recruiting a top candidate like they did when they went to Saskatchewan to convince Regher to agree to sign and trade.

Let's see, they hired up-and-coming Tim Murray as GM but brought back a retread from the 90's as coach. Marv Levy is too old now, so maybe they bring back the last coach to take the Bills to the playoffs, Wade Phillips. The hiring would be contingent on Phillips agreeing to wear a headset and to hire legit NFL experienced assistant coaches.

Wade always starts out good for a few yrs then things seem to decline for some reason.

It wouldn't be Reich as he'll stick it out in San Diego as its next year when the Chargers will be serious contenders to make the Superbowl.

Pegula will stick with Marrone and Whaley as he's got nothing to lose doing so. If they really are bad at least we'll have top 2016 pick. The older players, that are any good, will no longer be playing at their peak ability and others will have moved on letting their contracts expire so it will be a complete re-start much like the Sabres.

I think Doug Marrone gets 2015 if this year ends on a positive note.

If the Bills become a hot mess, and he's fired, I'd offer the Bills would go after one of the "surprise" fires - like a Mike Smith or Tom Coughlin.

Any poster who brings up Bill Cowher obviously has no clue what they are talking about. The guy is never coaching again. Period. He's had numerous chances to come back and has said that he is extremely happy with his current, stress free gig. He loves spending the time with his family (being there for his children after his wife's passing especially) and has nothing left to prove in the coaching ranks. For the love of god, just move on people.

What about Rich Rodriguez? I know he is doing well at Arizona, and signed an extension, but maybe he would jump to the NFL? I don't know much about him, except that he failed at Michigan, but has had success elsewhere, and is a Spread Offense guy.

He didn't fail at Michigan, they just fired him too soon because their alumni are idiots. Hoke had a fantastic first year with all of Rodriguez's recruits, now they suck.

Edited by Mark80