Sammy Watkins Not Living Up To No. 4 Overall Let Alone Another 1st. Ro

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So one of the greatedt corners ever to play the game shuts down our rookie WR and he's a bust? He just played a crucial role in our upset victory in Detroit. He also did get some important catches toward the end of the game when we needed them. I also think Orton was avoiding Revis. The gameplan was clearly to target the TE and power run. Some mistakes were made, but the plan was working.

Week 6 approx 26 catches for about 300 yards, and non-existent against a "true" shutdown corner. This guy isn't even close to AJ Green at this point. I don't see any play making ability downfield like you see with Green. His long stat is 30 yards.

I hate this traded

Ya think he'd look just slightly better if Tom Brady was throwing the ball to him? Or a QB that is like a 7 out of 10 or better?

EJ is a total bust and he should be sitting on the bench. I've said that for a long time.

But Orton isn't a hell of a lot better. That is worth remembering.

Orton is an improvement, no doubt, and he should be the starter this year.

But he is not really a 7/10 QB.

Wake me up when we actually find a QB worth two $*@(%.

Until then, we will struggle.

It's kind of funny how many fairly knowledgeable Bills fans don't catch onto this, for whatever reason.

Ya think he'd look just slightly better if Tom Brady was throwing the ball to him? Or a QB that is like a 7 out of 10 or better?

EJ is a total bust and he should be sitting on the bench. I've said that for a long time.

But Orton isn't a hell of a lot better. That is worth remembering.

Orton is an improvement, no doubt, and he should be the starter this year.

But he is not really a 7/10 QB.

Wake me up when we actually find a QB worth two $*@(%.

Until then, we will struggle.

It's kind of funny how many fairly knowledgeable Bills fans don't catch onto this, for whatever reason.

So your point is Whaley really botched this evaluation then. Both the QB position and wasting 2 first round picks on a receiver?

How can he when he gets targeted 3 times??? Stupid ass thread

So if your the coaches why do waste 2 1st round picks and only target him 3 times in this game. It's either the player, coaching or both. A rather large indictment on the current football operations if you ask me.

Week 6 approx 26 catches for about 300 yards, and non-existent against a "true" shutdown corner. This guy isn't even close to AJ Green at this point. I don't see any play making ability downfield like you see with Green. His long stat is 30 yards.

I hate this trade.

Err .. We targeted him 3 times today and he caught 2, seems like a coaching problem there.. AJ has a much better QB throwing to him as well.. Don't love the trade but Watkins is a very good player

So your point is Whaley really botched this evaluation then. Both the QB position and wasting 2 first round picks on a receiver?

I think Sammy's ultimate potential, and whether we spent to much to get him, is undecided at this time. That topic can't be decided until we have a better QB. I do think Whaley and everyone associated with this team at the time, and now, has COMPLETELY botched the QB question and it has left us in a horrible mess rolling forward.

I'm guessing 3 to 5 years until we have the team we all wish we had now. Similar to the Sabres time frame, actually.

A lot of Bills fans don't seem to realize just how debilitating it has been, to effectively not to have an owner.

And that is the boat we have been in for a really long time.

So if your the coaches why do waste 2 1st round picks and only target him 3 times in this game. It's either the player, coaching or both. A rather large indictment on the current football operations if you ask me.