The Walking Dead Return

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agreed.

I dont think I have ever seen him look so terrified as he did in last nights finale.

Great acting

CBF

Its funny.....I didnt take it that way

Rick has always been on the border of being the good guy/insane maniac at a certain point in this series

To me this acting was

- Caged animal

- Think Rick THINK! How can I get us out of this!

Rick wasnt afraid....he was one step away from completely losing it

Unsupported assumptions? Read the book and then come back to me. LOL.

Listen to the audio and tell me people aren't screaming Glenn.

Yeah, it's an unsupported assumption that they remain faithful to the comic. Hell, the very presence of Daryl and Abraham blows that ridiculous claim out of the water.

And I've listened to the audio, about twenty times, in various formats cleaned up in various ways. It's ambiguous, and you're projecting your preconceived notion on it. If you're right, it's only because of dumb luck, not any special insight you might claim.

Unsupported assumptions? Read the book and then come back to me. LOL.

Listen to the audio and tell me people aren't screaming Glenn.

Those are two completely different things. You're hearing what you hear because of what you've read. At least possibly.

And although I don't read it I've seen a few panels. In one of them Negan directly tells Carl he is going to let him live just to see what happens. He didn't say that last night. Couldn't you read into that and think it means he killed Carl?

I think it was Glenn too, but it doesn't mean I'm right.

Just wait and see. I'm always right.

Yeah, it's an unsupported assumption that they remain faithful to the comic. Hell, the very presence of Daryl and Abraham blows that ridiculous claim out of the water.

And I've listened to the audio, about twenty times, in various formats cleaned up in various ways. It's ambiguous, and you're projecting your preconceived notion on it. If you're right, it's only because of dumb luck, not any special insight you might claim.

http://www.amazon.com/NewEarTM-Quality-Digital-Amplifier-Approved/dp/B00HJBM218?ie=UTF8&keywords=hearing%20aid&qid=1459805918&ref_=sr_1_2_a_it&sr=8-2

There you go. You should get one.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

After a day to think about it.....

I've read a couple articles. There were a few with Gimple interviews. One good one is in the Toronto Sun...link . My guess is that Gimple knows he screwed up in a major way. He is spinning it and saying "trust us" but he screwed up.

I think they probably realized this well before it aired but well after filming was done and were bracing for backlash and got even more than they were expecting. I think they can right the ship wrt the show but they can't correct this mistake. It was a really bad one. I give him credit for manning up getting detailed in his interviews. You can tell he really cares about the show but he made a big mistake that took season 6 from great with some flaws to one that will be remembered negatively....all in a 10 second span. It might not hurt the overall series but it very well could send it into a tailspin. He's lucky he has actors like McBride and James to fall back on.

I really liked the show a lot and love the Morgan/Carol/Rick story line. That will probably draw me back in but the way they told the Negan bat part of the story made me completely lose interest in it. I don't even care who took the bat, the story telling was so lame. Oddly, I thought the acting was good...even Carl...in the last scene. The whole season led to it, the whole episode set it up and Gimple's line is that the finale set up the next season? Then why call it a finale? I get what he said a little about this was the end and next season is a new beginning but it is retroactive reasoning. It's not the end....it may work fine for future binge watchers but it is not working now. The first 99.99% of the season led to what happened and they don't tell you what that was? It is cheesy and lame. I'm not angry about it. I just don't care. I was looking forward to the episode like I haven't looked forward to a TV episode in a long time...probably the Sopranos finale....and now I don't care. I'm looking forward to Fear the Walking Dead far more than I'm looking forward to October's season 7 and I think FTWD has been ok with potential. A "5".

FWIW he directly dismisses claims made by Raven about clues being I there to give it away.

Edited by 4merper4mer

I guess I'm in the minority, but I absolutely loved everything about the finale. Cliffhangers are effective in my book. Someone made mention of Dallas. Ppl are still talking about that til this day. If you believe cliffhangers are no longer necessary because of easy access to information then I understand, but for someone like me I don't go looking for spoilers. That's what ruins the whole idea of the cliffhanger.

They did miss out on an opportunity to have one of the most memorable scenes in TV history though. I can understand why ppl are upset. They can still have that moment, though.

The victim, I believe, is Glenn. In a way Rick as already a victim as well. His leadership comes from his cockiness. After this he would have lost a piece of himself. I hope they don't have him dwell on this too much in the future.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I absolutely loved everything about the finale. Cliffhangers are effective in my book. Someone made mention of Dallas. Ppl are still talking about that til this day. If you believe cliffhangers are no longer necessary because of easy access to information then I understand, but for someone like me I don't go looking for spoilers. That's what ruins the whole idea of the cliffhanger.

They did miss out on an opportunity to have one of the most memorable scenes in TV history though. I can understand why ppl are upset. They can still have that moment, though.

The victim, I believe, is Glenn. In a way Rick as already a victim as well. His leadership comes from his cockiness. After this he would have lost a piece of himself. I hope they don't have him dwell on this too much in the future.

I don't have a problem with cliffhangers, I enjoy them when there is an element of surprise. The problem with this one was that everyone knew Negan was coming and everyone knew someone was going to die. We knew it was coming, so nothing was surprising or shocking. Other than knowing it's not Carol or Morgan, we basically are going in the season 7 opener with the exact same anticipation we did for the season 6 finale and it's a little disappointing.

Edited by ricojes

I don't have a problem with cliffhangers, I enjoy them when there is an element of surprise. The problem with this one was that everyone knew Negan was coming and everyone knew someone was going to die. We knew it was coming, so nothing was surprising or shocking. Other than knowing it's not Carol or Morgan, we basically are going in the season 7 opener with the exact same anticipation we did for the season 6 finale and it's a little disappointing.

More than that...the makers of TWD seem to have developed this practice of confusing "cliffhanger" for "drama." That's not just annoying...it's lazy. The 89 minutes preceding "You picked a fine time to meet me, Lucille" was some of the best drama I've seen on TV in a while (since the last season of Breaking Bad, probably). The drama of Negan picking his victim was excellently done (well shot, edited, acted, and directed).

The cliffhanger...a pathetic cop-out, masquerading as "drama." It's the equivalent of ending season 1 with everyone in the CDC with a ticking bomb, or ending season 2 with the walkers at the farm's fence line, or the season 4 mid-season finale with the Governor rolling up to the prison in the tank.

It really was the mid season finale all over again. I suppose it wasn't as awkward as that one, but it wasn't good. Ending your season with a teaser (season 2 with Muchonne showing up and the prison off on the horizon) is so much better. I don't see the whole Lucille thing catching people's interest and watching more. It only serves to irritate.

I agree with this and also with Justice's assessment that it will probably be Glenn. I disagree with Justice that they will still be able to have that TV moment. They blew that IMO.

They built, built, built to the Negan intro and death scene and then did not deliver. The whole season built toward it and the last episode really amped it up. They did a great job in tearing down Rick as Justice points out. I listened to what Gimple said about this season being about those things and next season being about something else but the death....unless they kill off Rick which they won't.....fits more in season 6 IMO. It is a critical part...the last straw....in tearing down Rick. When I try to look at it the other way, I can buy into it enhancing season 7 if I squint and look sideways, but there is no denying it took away from season 6. It took season 6 from a 9 to about a 4 in 10 seconds.

Fans could have spent the time in between seasons thinking about how Negan had taken over and showed his dominance and about how Rick's group would react. Now it is all about "who will it be?" whether they want it that way or not. And they do want it exactly that way, because they were ready with a brand new cheesy hashtag.

With the Terminus cliffhanger we were wondering how they'd get out of it. With this one, we already know they aren't getting out of it...at least one of them isn't. We basically know that one of them dies and Negan's group lets the rest of them go and tells them they better follow the rules. I like cliffhangers too but this is a bad one that needs a lot of the redemption Gimple promised. i don't see how he can deliver. I honestly don't even care who got the bat at all. And up until the last two minutes i thought it was one of the more interesting questions that ever hung over the show.

And yes the answer will be leaked....some people will look and even some who don't want to know, like Justice, will find out accidentally. Kirkman and Gimple can't control that in 2016. Dallas had a lot better shot at it in the 80s.

It was disappointing they followed the comic closely with this plot point.

Since it's been telegraphed since before Season 6 even began, it would have been a prime spot to do some original storytelling with the character and surprise everyone.

I agree with this and also with Justice's assessment that it will probably be Glenn. I disagree with Justice that they will still be able to have that TV moment. They blew that IMO.

They built, built, built to the Negan intro and death scene and then did not deliver. The whole season built toward it and the last episode really amped it up. They did a great job in tearing down Rick as Justice points out. I listened to what Gimple said about this season being about those things and next season being about something else but the death....unless they kill off Rick which they won't.....fits more in season 6 IMO. It is a critical part...the last straw....in tearing down Rick. When I try to look at it the other way, I can buy into it enhancing season 7 if I squint and look sideways, but there is no denying it took away from season 6. It took season 6 from a 9 to about a 4 in 10 seconds.

Fans could have spent the time in between seasons thinking about how Negan had taken over and showed his dominance and about how Rick's group would react. Now it is all about "who will it be?" whether they want it that way or not. And they do want it exactly that way, because they were ready with a brand new cheesy hashtag.

With the Terminus cliffhanger we were wondering how they'd get out of it. With this one, we already know they aren't getting out of it...at least one of them isn't. We basically know that one of them dies and Negan's group lets the rest of them go and tells them they better follow the rules. I like cliffhangers too but this is a bad one that needs a lot of the redemption Gimple promised. i don't see how he can deliver. I honestly don't even care who got the bat at all. And up until the last two minutes i thought it was one of the more interesting questions that ever hung over the show.

And yes the answer will be leaked....some people will look and even some who don't want to know, like Justice, will find out accidentally. Kirkman and Gimple can't control that in 2016. Dallas had a lot better shot at it in the 80s.

I just have to stay away from this thread...if I can. Lol

Btw. As long as it isn't Rick or Darryl I'll be happy. To me Carl should be the obvious choice. He's growing faster than the timeline.

Since it's been telegraphed since before Season 6 even began, it would have been a prime spot to do some original storytelling with the character and surprise everyone.

If the audience didn't know anything about Negan or Lucille, that would have been a "holy s&!t" cliffhanger.

I've read your posts. No you're not. In fact, you're kind of a blockhead.

You can call me whatever you want. I think it's kinda juvenile but that doesn't change the fact that I'm always right.

I know that. I already mentioned that before. Which is why Glenn's a goner.

I just have to stay away from this thread...if I can. Lol

Btw. As long as it isn't Rick or Darryl I'll be happy. To me Carl should be the obvious choice. He's growing faster than the timeline.

Carl can't be it. He develops a relationship with Negan which creates tension with Rick and there's no way they're changing this storyline. HIs storyline is crucial to what happens next. But what do i know....

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

You can call me whatever you want. I think it's kinda juvenile but that doesn't change the fact that I'm always right.

I know that. I already mentioned that before. Which is why Glenn's a goner.

Carl can't be it. He develops a relationship with Negan which creates tension with Rick and there's no way they're changing this storyline. HIs storyline is crucial to what happens next. But what do i know....

They can change things. You never know.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasnt Darryl supposed to be offed long ago?

Also the book or comics doesn't have to deal with Carl aging this quickly.

Edited by Justice