• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

clean cut "boyscout looking dude.

I read some spoilers but I won't go there..... They are close to DC though,

The post-storm walkers was a pretty cool visual

:thumbsup:

TBH Z Nation is a better show. Keeps interest with some odd comedy. This is expected apocalypse is pretty boring after you get used to it.

Z Nation is cornball comedy, (but I like it) Hell they can't even get their directions straight.

One episode they are in Utah (female cult) headed WEST, the next episode they are in Colorado at the golf course (still heading west) before the next episode there they are instructed to reroute to Colorado.

clean cut "boyscout looking dude.

I read some spoilers but I won't go there..... They are close to DC though,

Yes, clean is the key word there. Looks well fed, healthy, clean cloths, clean cut. They must have been following them, left the water, knew Rick's name and knew he was the leader. Is he part of the Wolves? How can Rick and crew trust anyone after the Governor and Terminus?

Yes, clean is the key word there. Looks well fed, healthy, clean cloths, clean cut. They must have been following them, left the water, knew Rick's name and knew he was the leader. Is he part of the Wolves? How can Rick and crew trust anyone after the Governor and Terminus?

The answer is he cant......trust in that type of world would have to be earned.

that was the freaky part knowing Rick's name. I don't think (suspect) he has anything to do with the Wolves, but what do I know.

Do you mean Ricks group was being followed from behind or being observed?

did "Rick's crew" walk up to the water or did it appear in the night? that was odd.

also odd to me .... the sequencing was off as Daryl and Carrol went in the woods, then there were walking with the group in the road and then Daryl and Carrol were in the woods talking when she kissed his forehead.

coincidence .... the music box started the instant the boyscout showed up.

Does anybody really enjoy this show? I know, I watch it every week, and there are always a few times where I find myself checking the clock to see how much time is left...I like it, but I wish it was so much better than it is. In my estimation, there have really only been about 3 or 4 really great episodes...but they have mastered the art of keeping you hooked, thinking "okay, that wasn't that great, but wait til next week!!!"

^ This, so much this. I complain every week about the show but I still DVR it and watch it every week. S1 was just so great that I keep hoping we get some of that magic back. There were 3-5 great episodes since but the show just feels so lethargic to me.

They take entire episodes to develop single characters and don't show us anything we didn't really know prior to it. All while spending 42 minutes and a whole week on it.

TWD desperately needs simultaneous plot lines to follow. Even when the group split up, the show failed and still did 1 group / 1 episode and so on.

^ This, so much this. I complain every week about the show but I still DVR it and watch it every week. S1 was just so great that I keep hoping we get some of that magic back. There were 3-5 great episodes since but the show just feels so lethargic to me.

They take entire episodes to develop single characters and don't show us anything we didn't really know prior to it. All while spending 42 minutes and a whole week on it.

TWD desperately needs simultaneous plot lines to follow. Even when the group split up, the show failed and still did 1 group / 1 episode and so on.

now that they are getting back into the LARGE populated area around DC the frequency of walkers will increase.

The mystery of Mr Clean will evolve, they might touch on the Wolves and chopped up bodies as a back story too, when is the gay character introduced?

the readers of the GN can shed some light with a spoiler type input.

Those torsos would make a good defense against humans. Stick them side by side on top of a fence or wall facing outward and they would discourage people from trying to climb over the walls.

yeah but it's too easy to just jab 3 or 4 in a wow then climb over them. They need to be somewhat grabby and or mobile.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

They have a great trailer editor. The trailer for the next episode always looks incredible, and the episode usually doesn't get there.

Personally, I feel like they're trying to be so much more than the show is, and it's a bad thing. It's a show about zombies. The main vieweship is not concerned with artistic shots of the sun, or symbolic "It stormed and saved us!" when that's the entirety of the episode. Throw it in there, fine, but keep the story moving.

One of the best parts of BB was that it had at least 3 separate storylines occurring at the same time. A third of the show would be Walter and Jesse, a third would be Walter and his family/Skyler, a third Jesse or Saul. Instead of writing 5 seasons of just Walt on the screen, they split it up. It makes for a fresher show, because they don't have to drag their heels when they run out of material.

It feels like TWD struggles to write 16 episode seasons, but that's what they're getting paid for. So they make 3-4 filler episodes with one plot point by throwing in some "artistic" heavy-handed symbolism or "deep" existential dialogue (that sounds like crap).

But the action episodes are pretty great. TWD should start trying to follow the BB formula. Instead of just Rick's group with Tyrese dying in the opener, they should've cut back to Daryl crying, other girl losing her mind, eating worms, looking for water. Two stories in one so it feels like things are happening, even if it is just development.

I think this is a pretty good analysis. I think the show has it's head up it's own ass to a certain extent. Character development is great but this seems to be the main focus now. And personally, I think that development has got kind of repetitive. All the women are bad asses. Even the asian kid was far more interesting in the first season when he was a nerd. Now he's just another bad ass. Some of the real interesting people (Tyreese excepted) get killed off way to soon.I'm thinking Daryl's brother. This weekend's episode was more tedium for me and I was a early adapter of the show. I loved it.

Windstorm up roots huge trees drops them directly on zombies. 100 year old barn untouched. Sure. No less than 3 weepy moany characters. No water in a vast green forest. Other then that it was OK.

true but I've seen images of twister paths doing huge damage and leaving structures intact.

Hemsell-Trenton-5.jpg

Aerial-8.jpg

Windstorm up roots huge trees drops them directly on zombies. 100 year old barn untouched. Sure. No less than 3 weepy moany characters. No water in a vast green forest. Other then that it was OK.

I think that was the point. It was some sort of divine intervention, which gives them at least a little hope that good things can happen. Watching and enjoying the sun coming up on a nice morning is something they haven't done since the outbreak. It just provides a bit of hope in an otherwise hopeless situation. I am not big on that kind of stuff, i would have much rather seen them slice the heads off the walkers that were under the trees, but I get it...

Love it when people bash the "reality" aspect of a fictional series about a post-apocalyptal world inhabited by flesh-eating zombies.

yeah, but there was no water in the forest man! To that point...my initial reaction after seeing all the dead frogs was the water was diverted somehow, but not sure how feasible that would be...