The Walking Dead Return

Those are the people who get killed off over and over on this show. That was pretty much the whole point of the episode, especially the comments from the Detroit Tigers hat guy. The moral compass of the group always dies on this show. Dale, Herschel, and now Tyreese. If the priest wasn't still so new to the group, he'd be next.

Exactly, goes right along with my point. You have to have the kill or be killed mentality, only the strong survive.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Exactly, goes right along with my point. You have to have the kill or be killed mentality, only the strong survive.

the priest broke his moral compass when he locked out his congregation!

If he isn't killing zombies he's dead weight!

Follow the clues

screen-shot-2015-02-09-at-11-52-04-am-5-

screen-shot-2015-02-09-at-11-59-05-am-5-

screen-shot-2015-02-09-at-11-12-05-am-5-

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I'm glad he's gone. The character has outlived its usefulness and he was deadweight this entire season. It's also fitting that it wound up being a teenage walker that got him. A crappy death for a crappy character. I'm not entirely sure who else is deadweight at this point, but that person better watch out. They've been trimming the fat this entire season with Bob, Beth, and Tyreese. I'd say Tara next, but people seem to like the eye candy.

And the British voice on the radio, that was Andrew Lincoln (Rick), wasn't it?

I agree. He brought a already weak episode to a grinding halt when he was on the screen. I kinda got tired of his boring, philosophical anecdotes making me get up and do something else for two minutes. Or look at my phone so I didn't completely check out.

the priest broke his moral compass when he locked out his congregation!

If he isn't killing zombies he's dead weight!

Follow the clues

screen-shot-2015-02-09-at-11-52-04-am-5-

screen-shot-2015-02-09-at-11-59-05-am-5-

screen-shot-2015-02-09-at-11-12-05-am-5-

Facts about Shirewilt Estates:

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Shirewilt_Estates

It's 530 miles north east of Atlanta. I am so glad the episode was not the whole gang sulking over Beth during the trip. I am sure the sulking will be prominent in the next couple episodes, but it's nice that they were just there and we can assume they made the journey with no major issues.

Facts about Shirewilt Estates:

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Shirewilt_Estates

It's 530 miles north east of Atlanta. I am so glad the episode was not the whole gang sulking over Beth during the trip. I am sure the sulking will be prominent in the next couple episodes, but it's nice that they were just there and we can assume they made the journey with no major issues.

Loved how they always say it's 100 miles to the next place.....

W for Wolves

image 2 and image 3

Boy did that episode suckkkkkk - typical walking dead dragging out a 10 minute scene (finding the new place and a whiney and worthless character getting killed) to an entire episode

Two episodes of Better Call Saul already better than the entire catalogue of Walking Dead

* sorry for the negativity, but I just keep tuning in hoping it will get better, and rarely does it (over the total life of the show there's been maybe 5 solid eps) so I just needed to vent

Boy did that episode suckkkkkk - typical walking dead dragging out a 10 minute scene (finding the new place and a whiney and worthless character getting killed) to an entire episode

Two episodes of Better Call Saul already better than the entire catalogue of Walking Dead

* sorry for the negativity, but I just keep tuning in hoping it will get better, and rarely does it (over the total life of the show there's been maybe 5 solid eps) so I just needed to vent

we know your just waiting for Rizzoli and Isles to return

Not the most action packed episode for sure, but necessary to stage the rest of the season. They needed a reason to head towards Washington, so the whole "we owe it to Beth, because that's what she wanted" pledge was made to go check in on Noah's home/compound. this gets them close, 100 miles away was mentioned, to Washington where the next part of the series is ultimately headed. They also introduce the "Wolves" as a group to keep away from if possible as they destroyed the compound and are doing some sort of testing on walkers. Killing Tyreese was just a small part of the episode (even though they spent the greatest amount of time on it) the important part was setting the stage for future episodes. I don't necessarily like when an episode is a stage setter, but I do realize it is necessary for the series to flow. Also, Michonne talking about finding a place to just stay is interesting, sounds like she is beginning to lose her fight.

Edited by ricojes

Not the most action packed episode for sure, but necessary to stage the rest of the season. They needed a reason to head towards Washington, so the whole "we owe it to Beth, because that's what she wanted" pledge was made to go check in on Noah's home/compound. this gets them close, 100 miles away was mentioned, to Washington where the next part of the series is ultimately headed. They also introduce the "Wolves" as a group to keep away from if possible as they destroyed the compound and are doing some sort of testing on walkers. Killing Tyreese was just a small part of the episode (even though they spent the greatest amount of time on it) the important part was setting the stage for future episodes. I don't necessarily like when an episode is a stage setter, but I do realize it is necessary for the series to flow. Also, Michonne talking about finding a place to just stay is interesting, sounds like she is beginning to lose her fight.

oh I understand completely what they were setting up....but its typical walking dead fashion of setting it up by using an entire episode to do so...its been my beef (and many other peoples as well) with the show since day 1 and I keep hoping they figure it out

but at least there was very minimal rick in this episode so thats a plus, no crazy yelling of "KORLLLLLLLL" repeatedly

oh I understand completely what they were setting up....but its typical walking dead fashion of setting it up by using an entire episode to do so...its been my beef (and many other peoples as well) with the show since day 1 and I keep hoping they figure it out

but at least there was very minimal rick in this episode so thats a plus, no crazy yelling of "KORLLLLLLLL" repeatedly

Any absence of KORLLllLL is worth the lackluster episode. And i agree, they tend to drag and spell things out too much. Which is why I am surprised they didn't show the journey from Atlanta to Virginia. They actually felt the viewers could figure it out for themselves!

Any absence of KORLLllLL is worth the lackluster episode. And i agree, they tend to drag and spell things out too much. Which is why I am surprised they didn't show the journey from Atlanta to Virginia. They actually felt the viewers could figure it out for themselves!

haha soooo true....we did figure it out....

i would have liked maybe delving into the wolves or the torsos thing too....how can you show them see the torsos and not make any comment at all?

OK - so my son has watched the show from the beginning, and I didn't get in on it initially. Once I knew I wanted to watch it, I purposely have avoided it and any discussion/media about it, since I wanted at some point to watch from the beginning and catch up to current time. A couple weeks ago I decided to finally watch all episodes from the beginning, to finish in time for the S5 part 2 premiere. Through sheer focused effort and dedication I successfully watched S1-5.5 before this week's premiere.

Over the years I've actually been able to avoid major spoilers. At points I have heard vaguely about certain aspects here and there - a controversy on children dying, a comment about soylent green- but not enough context to actually ruin for me how it played out in the show.

So - coming into it after binge watching with no background on discussion/dissection of the show since it started:

- I was surprised how good it was even despite the hype

- It surprises me how often I feel a connection/similarity to elements of Lost

- There is no doubt to me that at this point people are a more dangerous potential enemy than walkers

- I think one of the most interesting aspects is the exploration of all the different types of leadership/'government', and the ultimate failure/weakness of each

A couple logistical items that I find interesting that I don't think have been fully explored/addressed

- To really be safe in any group - especially a large one - there would have to be vigilance that anyone who dies for whatever reason (including sudden unexpected heart attacks etc) would not die in the middle of the night or unattended and be a risk to infect or take out the group. This was shown in the prison with the virus, but then after that seemed to me to be set aside. It seems to me to really be safe with any size group of people you would almost have or want to put certain safeguards in place like at night everybody ties a rope to their wrist or something just in case they die in the middle of the night

- It seems overall the older walkers' bodies should start really falling apart, and there should be fewer newer ones, so the overall walker population you would think should have peaked and now should be starting to really show stress of wear and starvation etc. Ie., more incapacitated and easier to kill (and leading to more thought of the morphing to other humans becoming the more dangerous enemy)

I also think DC has a potential to be an even bigger nightmare than Atlanta. More likelihood of some heavily armed pseudo-army-type group(s) - again, at this point how can you trust any people in what appears to be a safe (from walkers anyway) compound.

As a side note, was surprised Karen didn't appear in Tyreese's hallucinations. Maybe the actress had moved on to some other project

- It seems overall the older walkers' bodies should start really falling apart, and there should be fewer newer ones, so the overall walker population you would think should have peaked and now should be starting to really show stress of wear and starvation etc. Ie., more incapacitated and easier to kill (and leading to more thought of the morphing to other humans becoming the more dangerous enemy)

Good points! Zombies that are around longer do rot and get slower, I think that may have been explained in The Talking Dead. And the fresher walkers are much faster. The virus is in everyone, as you mentioned with the tying the wrists while sleeping theory, so there will never be an end to fresh walkers. The herds of walkers should be around less frequent, therefore there should never be another Atlanta season 1 scene.

here's a good look at the walkers through the seasons:

http://uproxx.com/tv/2014/07/new-production-photos-confirm-continued-decomposition-of-walkers-in-the-5th-season-of-the-walking-dead/

Look out for season 6!!!!

Good points! Zombies that are around longer do rot and get slower, I think that may have been explained in The Talking Dead. And the fresher walkers are much faster. The virus is in everyone, as you mentioned with the tying the wrists while sleeping theory, so there will never be an end to fresh walkers. The herds of walkers should be around less frequent, therefore there should never be another Atlanta season 1 scene.

here's a good look at the walkers through the seasons:

http://uproxx.com/tv/2014/07/new-production-photos-confirm-continued-decomposition-of-walkers-in-the-5th-season-of-the-walking-dead/

Look out for season 6!!!!

According to the Mullet that are getting faster!!! :lol: :lol:

Does anybody really enjoy this show? I know, I watch it every week, and there are always a few times where I find myself checking the clock to see how much time is left...I like it, but I wish it was so much better than it is. In my estimation, there have really only been about 3 or 4 really great episodes...but they have mastered the art of keeping you hooked, thinking "okay, that wasn't that great, but wait til next week!!!"

Edited by Buftex

I agree. I love the show but there have been some very slow episodes. I guess there's got to be quite a challenge to keep the show fresh. Only so many directions they can go. But scuttlebutt has them reaching Alexandria and being there for quite some time. I don't know how true it is but that's the rumor now.

Does anybody really enjoy this show? I know, I watch it every week, and there are always a few times where I find myself checking the clock to see how much time is left...I like it, but I wish it was so much better than it is. In my estimation, there have really only been about 3 or 4 really great episodes...but they have mastered the art of keeping you hooked, thinking "okay, that wasn't that great, but wait til next week!!!"

They have a great trailer editor. The trailer for the next episode always looks incredible, and the episode usually doesn't get there.

Personally, I feel like they're trying to be so much more than the show is, and it's a bad thing. It's a show about zombies. The main vieweship is not concerned with artistic shots of the sun, or symbolic "It stormed and saved us!" when that's the entirety of the episode. Throw it in there, fine, but keep the story moving.

One of the best parts of BB was that it had at least 3 separate storylines occurring at the same time. A third of the show would be Walter and Jesse, a third would be Walter and his family/Skyler, a third Jesse or Saul. Instead of writing 5 seasons of just Walt on the screen, they split it up. It makes for a fresher show, because they don't have to drag their heels when they run out of material.

It feels like TWD struggles to write 16 episode seasons, but that's what they're getting paid for. So they make 3-4 filler episodes with one plot point by throwing in some "artistic" heavy-handed symbolism or "deep" existential dialogue (that sounds like crap).

But the action episodes are pretty great. TWD should start trying to follow the BB formula. Instead of just Rick's group with Tyrese dying in the opener, they should've cut back to Daryl crying, other girl losing her mind, eating worms, looking for water. Two stories in one so it feels like things are happening, even if it is just development.

Edited by FireChan