The Walking Dead Return

This episode was kind of aggravating to me. Sure, it was full of action and Carol was badass, but there was just too many oddities.

I feel like the beginning with Enid was a waste of time. I guess they could surprise me with a deeper story line later, but I think the whole thing was just to get the whole JSS thing out there, which just seems like a waste of time to me...something this show seems to be good at.

Based on last season's finale, the Wolves were like super organized and evil. Here, they are completely wild and insane with basically no idea what they are doing. Are we to believe they basically have no interest in taking over the town at all? If they want it, why try to drive a truck through it? Why not just get in and open the gates instead of immediately killing and hacking everyone? Again, wild animals...not the evil organized group which we previously saw.

Continuing from the last one, I really think the only point of this particular attack and the truck was to expose Alexandria to the horde on it's way. All fine I guess, but again it seems to kind of go against the previous story line too much for me.

Morgan went from being kind of awesome to incredibly annoying in the first two episodes. Give me a break already with these characters. I really just want to scream at the writers, "WE GET IT, THERE'S A MORAL ASPECT TO THE STORY!!! NOW STOP RUINING GOOD CHARACTERS!!" Seriously, Morgan sees these guys killing innocent people and literally hacking up their bodies for no reason, yet he's still going to stick to his no kill things??? It's just too much.

Speaking of that, I think they're on their way to ruining Carol as well, but I guess we'll see. They do seem to be pretty intent on keeping her the way she is, but I feel like the Morgan interaction was foreshadowing.

Unlike some of the people here who have complained about the slower points in the show and want more action, I actually like the character building, but I think the writers are all over the place with it. Sometimes it's really subtle and good, but other times it's just so overwhelmingly in your face and obvious that it comes across cheesy. I think this was one of those episodes for me.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They're not ruining carol. The group knows how the world really is, but that doesn't mean that they don't hope that they have found something better in Alexandria. The attack ruined that hope for her and she cracked at the end.

...I feel like the beginning with Enid was a waste of time. I guess they could surprise me with a deeper story line later, but I think the whole thing was just to get the whole JSS thing out there, which just seems like a waste of time to me...something this show seems to be good at...

I was thinking about this. It would be odd if they didn't use this as a set up for something later. Like Enid joining the Wolves (JSS) and killing a core member of the group. It could have a huge effect on Carl.

Well foreshadowed too. Glenn's first words to Rick were calling him a dumbass. When Rick left...Glenn called him a dumbass.

On the plus side...Maggie's available.

And yet he's not on the after show. Interesting.

They specifically said "Don't read anything in to it."

And Nicholas was an !@#$.

It's odd though. They're trying to build up some questions on this one. That said, if they somehow have him survive, it's going to be even more far fetched than that scene where carol and Daryl fell off that bridge in a van.

Edit: and now they didn't list him in the dead on talking dead. There's more coming with this.

Edited by shrader

It's odd though. They're trying to build up some questions on this one. That said, if they somehow have him survive, it's going to be even more far fetched than that scene where carol and Daryl fell off that bridge in a van.

Edit: and now they didn't list him in the dead on talking dead. There's more coming with this.

Yeah...and I can't recall them killing off a major character without giving people a chance to say goodbye. That would make this less a "dramatic moment" and more a "!@#$ing with the audience" moment. Which means this could very well be a shark-jumping moment.

That pistol is going to get someone killed, and Morgan will have to live with that. It might be the motivation to drop the zen master routine.

Almost got Rick killed.

IMO Glenn is not dead, Nick was on top of him, he either crawled under the dumpster or was covered in enough guts to get away.

I was thinking about this. It would be odd if they didn't use this as a set up for something later. Like Enid joining the Wolves (JSS) and killing a core member of the group. It could have a huge effect on Carl.

Enid might already be a Wolf.

As for last night's episode, how do we think Rick gets out of this? RV suddenly starts up?

I agree that if Glenn has somehow survived this it will be hard to rationalize.

EPIC episode. The dick Nick does it again. Farewell (for now) Glenn. ??is he really dead or were those Nicholas' guts??

The lesson (that should be) learned by a few members of the group.

Never let a rabid wolf live.

As for last night's episode, how do we think Rick gets out of this? RV suddenly starts up?

Good question. I can't see both Rick and Glenn getting it during the same episode. Might be Sarge (Abraham), Sasha and Daryl come to the rescue.

How many Alexandrian's are there or left?

I'd imagine that the wolves that he shot outside will be a distracting snack while he sneaks out. I don't remember if the herd was coming from that same side of the RV or not.

And as for Glenn and the idea that he was underneath and covered with guts, I'd have to watch it again, but wasn't he screaming during the whole thing? That would draw their attention for sure. That and the pileup of walkers would continue digging through the flesh right to him. It's not like they stop the second they hit spine and ribs, knowing that their meal is done. If he walks away from this, they better have one hell of an idea up their sleeves, because its going to take one.

That and the pileup of walkers would continue digging through the flesh right to him. It's not like they stop the second they hit spine and ribs, knowing that their meal is done.

That and he would be covered with fresh blood, which we know they like.(We have seen rick cut is hand and wipe on fence to kill guard zombies). Which also makes me think that his current injury is going to be a problem.

I believe Glenn's dead. I think he comes back as a walker. They said on Talking Dead the producer said there will be more Glenn and that the story will be "wrapped up". As for Rick the herd was coming from the opposite side of the dead Wolves. Not sure how he's going to get out of that one but they can't kill off Rick and Glenn can they? Next weeks previews don't seem like they're going to wrap anything up from this week as the story goes back to Morgan and Alexandria.

And for the comic readers I believe Glenn died at Terminus via a baseball bat to the head.

You could be right about Enid. She certainly seemed savage enough when she was shown eating the raw turtle. It would also explain how the Wolves got such good photos of Alexandria. She could do it unnoticed. Plus, didn't Carl catch her sneaking out last season? She could have been going back to the wolves with intel.

WRT to Glenn, I'm thinking he survived in some ridiculous way. It would be an incredible thing to do to viewers to let everyone think he died only to have him live. It will only make it more crushing if they kill him off later on.

. It would also explain how the Wolves got such good photos of Alexandria. She could do it unnoticed. Plus, didn't Carl catch her sneaking out last season? She could have been going back to the wolves with intel.

They found Aarons backpack with the photos and the map in the trap at the warehouse.

Enid is just doesn't feel safe in a group, why would she mention the blind spots to Carl if she was spying for the wolves?

Edited by Gary M

In my opinion Glenn is not dead and given the way the writers have done so far not hard to rationalize

Idiot shoots himself in the head.....knocking both he and Glenn into the walkers

However idiot just seems to magically fall on top of Glenn in the fall (which clearly can be seen)

The entrails being shown are too high on Glenn's body to be his.....so you assume they are idiots

The fallen body of idiot.....being eaten by the walkers....and the mass of walkers that have moved in....are now covering glenns body....therefore masking him in much the way way Black Samuri chick cut the jawbone and arms off those two in previous years that form a "Walker forcefield" and also much the same way Carol used it when she helped at Terminus

Glenn......now invisible to the walkers.....crawls under the dumpster to safety.....not sure what happens from there